The aim of penguin 2.0 is to curtail websites that increase their rankings through manipulative link tactics. Penguin was introduced on the 24th of April, 2012 with Penguin 1.0, This introduction affected 3.1% of English searched. Version 1.1 was released in May 26th, affected 0.1% of English searches. On the 5th of October, version 2.0 was initiated, affecting 2.3% of English search. This translates to 115,000,000 searches everyday within the English language speaking region alone.
Site Link Ration
With respect to nofollow links, if you have 14% of these links you get penalized if you have 30% of these links can stand to benefit from penguin. If you get 26% of those links, than you stand to benefit. For links using exact match anchor text, within 60% of these links, you’ll get penalized within with 22% of these links you stand to benefit.
Google Ant-Spam Algorithm Poses These Primary Issues
1. Links from low quality of papers containing a lot of outgoing link.
2. High percentage of rich keyword rich inbound links.
3. Lost of links from website foots and blog comments.
4. Links from website in a webpage that is not related to your industry at all.
5. Poor diversity of links, directories, blog rolls, comment and footer links.
6. Links from an article that is not related to your website.
What Can Happen
The following actions can be taken to benefit from Google Penguin Updates.
1. Develop quality content that get attention from the public and easily shared on social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
2. Find a way to attract natural links to your content.
3. Encourage sharing on your website.
4. Build your page rank to benefit from quality signals.
5. Find a way to attract links from other influencers.
6. Within your circle of expertise, build a relationship.
7. With respect to website promotion, take a page ranking approach. This can be achieve by getting mentioned for natural reasons. Develop content in such a manner to earn regular interaction and natural attention as opposed to paid media.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.