Top 10 Things Employers Get Sued For
Most California based employers will not deliberately violate the law however, if you are not familiar with the law, it is easy to get entangled in very expensive law suits. Here is a list of top 10 costly mistakes that could lead to a law suit.
1. Classifying all employees as an exempt because there is a feeling that keeping track of time is too much work.
2. Allowing employees take launch at whatever time they desire because you feel it is a nice thing to do.
3. Allowing everyone become an independent contractor, doing whatever they please because you feel that employees are too much responsibility.
4. Not giving attention to training related to preventing harassment because you feel that it is not necessary.
5. Allowing employees choose their work hours saying it is okay as long as the work gets done.
6. Firing anyone who takes a leave of absence from work because you are not sure if the employee will return to you.
7. Not checking to ensure that employers return the company property seeing it as okay.
8. Lending money to the employee and deducting it from their pay check because you feel it’s the easiest to get the money back.
9. Protecting confidential information using an incomplete agreement with the view that you do not want employee to go work for a competitor.
10. Implementing policies such as “use it or lose it” with respect to vacation because you do not want to pay out money when they resign.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.