Consumer franchise marketing plays an important role in:
- Franchise Financial Success
- Franchisee Satisfaction
- Existing Franchise Development
- New Franchise Development
Franchise consumer marketing brings many tangible benefits. Learn what the main aims of a franchise marketing plan are, and how to harness the power of social media in the overall strategy.
Signs of a finely tuned franchisor marketing plan
Marketing is an essential part of any successful franchisor’s or franchisee’s success. A good marketing plan will aim to:
1- Attract customers and increase interest in franchisees. The plan should be consistent and stay true to your brand and message.
2- Incorporate input from franchisees and take into account their needs. Practical input from the front line is important. They have direct contact with the end customer and their buy-in is critical to the business.
3- Appropriately allocate the marketing budget and use funds wisely. It requires an even distribution between branding, franchise development, attracting customers and account sales.
4- Document all aspects of the strategy thoughtfully and thoroughly. Information should be shared across the entire company, using a combination of training manuals, intranet resources and online tools.
5- Quantify and qualify all results. The development and implementation of a smart marketing plan is only part of the challenge. A Flexible and regularly updated plan is required, based on measurable results and metrics.
When Franchises Get Social
Social media has grown to become a vital component in all marketing campaigns. Especially in consumer orientated marketing. Read on to learn how top consumer driven franchises (such as McDonald’s, Starbucks and Wendy’s) use social media marketing to engage customers and encourage growth.
- Multiple channels. Diversity is the key to effective social media marketing. Put your efforts into multiple channels to reach all types of users. Make use of social networks, blog relations, micro blogging, social bookmarking and of course online videos.
- Open forums. Encouraging self-expression is important to creating a thriving online community.
- Engaging customers. Acknowledging what the public says about the brand and answering questions is essential to good brand management.
- Regular update schedule. Keep fans and followers aware of the latest brand activities through video, event, photo and blog post updates.
- Choose a main portal. Focus social marketing campaigns through one main hub page. Facebook pages are often used as the main portal and other social media channels support the main page.
- Harness creativity. Don’t risk losing attention with a stale and boring social media presence. Be creative with the marketing plan. Events such as fan powered charity drives or action oriented contests can help spark a growth in brand awareness.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers