Making an Impact with Small Business
Social media is being looked to as a means of sending messages out. This provides small businesses with an opportunity to connect with clients, customers, and potential employees.
Most Popular Methods Used
Here is a listing of some of the most popular methods chosen by small businesses to get the word out.
• Social Media – 73%
• Email Marketing – 91%
• Website Marketing – 95%
• Print Advertising – 77%
• Online Advertising – 69%
• Event Marketing – 53%
The importance for small businesses to have access social media is on the rise. Over 60% of businesses intend on using social media in the upcoming year with over 80% of current participants looking to increase current activity levels. Over 80% of small businesses access their email each day as their first tool of choice. 72% overall check their email 6 or more times a day.
Top Challenges for Small Businesses
1. Attracting new customers – 80%
2. Getting current customers to refer others – 52%
3. Making marketing dollars go further – 41%
4. Daily email users who subscriber to marketing messages – 94%
5. US internet users who say the motivation given behind providing their email address is to receive promotions or discounts – 67%
6. Internet users worldwide who said they are more apt to buy a product in the store after getting a marketing email – 57%
Print Marketing is Still Alive and Well
While it seems the digital age has degenerating traditional print marketing methods, 65% of consumers say they value the mail they receive in their mailbox. However, less than 40% of companies believe that consumers value mail. 76% of young people claim to have made a purchase based on something received by mail. 65% of adult millennials prefer to read something on paper.
Most Active Social Media Platforms
• Facebook – 901 Million Active Users
• Twitter – 100 Million Active Users
• LinkedIn – 161 Million Active Users
• YouTube – 800 Million Unique Visitors
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.