Best Practice That Makes Your Websites Run Faster
With respect to the following listed areas, attention should be paid to the itemized items under them.
• HTTP requests should be made as few as possible.
• DNS lookups should be reduced.
• Redirects should be avoided.
• Ajax should be made catchable.
• Post load components.
• Preload components.
• Number of DOM elements should be reduced.
• Components should be split across domains.
• Number of iframes should be minimized.
• 404s should be avoided.
• Make use of a content delivery network.
• Express or cache – control header should be added.
• Gzip components.
• Etags should be configured.
• Buffer should be flushed early.
• For Ajax request, make use of GET.
• Empty image src should be avoided.
• Cookie size should be reduced.
• Cookie free domains for components should be used.
• Style sheets should be placed at the top.
• CSS expressions should be avoided.
• Chose over export.
• Filters should be avoided.
• Scripts should be placed at the bottom.
• CSS and Java scripts should be made external.
• CSS and Java script should be minified.
• Duplicate scripts should be removed.
• DOM access should be minimized.
• Smart Event handlers should be developed.
• Images should be optimized.
• CSS sprites should also be optimized.
• Images should not be scaled in HTML.
• Favicom.ico should be made small and catchable.
• Components should be kept under 25 KB.
• They should be packed into a multipart document.