Here are 30 of the best “thank you” messages to send after an interview to let the interviewer know you are enthusiastic about the opportunity. There are also messages for after a phone interview and before a formal interview, letting the interviewer know you are looking forward to the interview.
1. Thank you for your time during the interview. I believe I am a great match for the requirements of your position and, if selected, my commitment to you would be to bring my skills, determination, and 110% effort to ensuring your success. I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team.
2. It was a pleasure speaking with you. I can assure you that if you were to offer me the position, you would be hiring someone who is not only extremely proficient at the skills required for the role, but who loves working with people and is committed to delivering quality work always. I would welcome the opportunity to work for you.
3. Very few people can say they enjoy interviews. But I genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to meet you and your team. I appreciated your efforts to clearly explain your requirements, make me feel comfortable, and engage in a professional conversation about what I could bring to the role.
4. Thank you for meeting with me. I am the sort of person that stays late, comes in early, and shows up for every meeting. I genuinely believe that it takes that level of drive and commitment to succeed in this type of business. I am very excited about the opportunity to work with you.
5. I appreciate the time you spent with me. Your interview questions gave me valuable insight into the qualities you are looking for in your ideal candidate and the challenges you are facing. From your perspective, I hope my answers assured you that I have the aptitude, ambition, skills, and experience you need.
6. It was a real pleasure speaking with you. I would welcome the opportunity to be able to contribute to your business in the role we discussed, and I hope I was able to convince you that I have the skills, expertise, and determination to do so. I look forward to the chance to interview with more of your team.
7. Thank you for taking the time to interview me. I offer a unique mix of experience, expertise, and personal initiative. If you give me the opportunity, I guarantee I would bring all my energy and skills to help you meet your goals. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity more.
8. It was a pleasure speaking with you about the open position. I enjoyed hearing about the company and the role, and am now even more interested in working for you. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you further. Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer.
9. It was a pleasure speaking with you over the phone earlier today. I believe I have the experience you are looking for. But more than that, I would bring to your team boundless enthusiasm and a deep sense of pride in only ever delivering my very best work. I look forward to the interview.
10. Thank you for your time. During our discussion, it was clear that you have skill shortages in a few areas and need people who can work well in a team. I hope I was able to convey the value I could bring with my can-do attitude, flexibility, and willingness to help wherever required. I am looking forward to the interview.
11. Thank you for your time during the interview. I want to highlight that one of my greatest strengths is my ability to work well with people across various roles and levels. This would be of great value in the position, as I understand that it involves building connections with diverse groups across the organization.
12. I very much appreciate the time you took to speak to me about the open position. I am highly experienced in the kind of work we discussed, loyal, self-motivated, and would be thrilled to have the opportunity to help you achieve your goals. I am looking forward to the interview.
13. Thank you for your time. Along with my deep practical experience in this sort of role, I am proud of my [teamwork] skills, [problem-solving capabilities], and my [ability to communicate with a variety of people]. Following our discussion, I think this combination of skills and expertise could add real value to your business. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you.
14. I appreciate the chance to interview with you. I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team and confident that my skills are well aligned with the role. I hope I will have the opportunity to work for your company.
15. Thank you for meeting with me. One of my core capabilities is that of a problem-solver. I have a proven ability to break problems down into manageable chunks, identify a range of creative solutions, and bring together all the components necessary to deliver a result.
16. Thank you for the time you took to meet with me. You mentioned that you are looking for someone to fill the role on a long-term basis. Please be assured that my interest is in finding a stable long-term role where I can continue to grow and play a part in building the future of your company.
17. I appreciate the time you spent with me during the interview. The job we discussed is well-suited to my background and skills. Specifically, I think my time with [past company name] gave me exceptional experience in doing similar work. I am confident I could hit the ground running and quickly make a positive contribution.
18. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with me. I would genuinely welcome the opportunity to bring to your company my more than [number] years’ experience in [field] and exceptional skills in [insert]. I am very enthusiastic about the possibility of joining your team.
19. Thank you for taking the time to interview me. I was particularly pleased to hear that the role requires extensive contact with customers. During my time in [name of previous company], this was exactly the sort of role I enjoyed. During my time there, my supervisors received a lot of positive feedback about my demeanor and problem-solving skills.
20. It was a pleasure speaking with you. You mentioned you are looking for someone with skills in [insert what employer needs skill in]. We discussed several of my previous roles where I have successfully used those skills. I think my experience would allow me to add value quickly, and I am excited by the potential opportunity to bring those skills to your team.
21. Thank you for meeting with me. I mentioned during our discussion that one of the things I can bring to this role is my ability to design, manage, and deliver on a plan. This includes pulling together the necessary resources and managing risk. I think my ability in this area would be of great value to the team. I look forward to continuing the interview process.
22. Thank you for your time during the interview. You mentioned that the person previously in this role had been in the job for many years and that it would be difficult to fill [his/her] shoes. I am confident that I have the awareness, sensitivity, and skill to build on and improve the current systems and processes, while also building a good working relationship with the team.
23. Thank you for meeting with me. I understand you need someone to help you get an edge on your competition. That person needs to be willing to take risks and offer creative ideas about opportunities. I hope I was able to convince you of my experience and capabilities in exactly these areas.
24. Thank you for interviewing me. The vision and values of your organization are inspiring, and I could tell from the people in the room during the interview that they enjoy coming to work each day. I hope I was able to convince you why I would be a great fit for your team. I look forward to further discussing this opportunity with you.
25. It was a pleasure meeting you. During our discussions, I mentioned my successful project, [name of project]. While I am proud of what I achieved, what I loved most was working with an incredible group of people to deliver it as a team. I was excited to learn that this is the way you handle all your important projects and would love to be part of that.
26. Thank you for your time speaking with me about the open position. It seems that you need your team to pull together to tackle the challenges you face, as well as the new ones that will inevitably arise. Some of my greatest strengths are my ability to work in a team and quickly adapt to changing situations. I thrive in the sort of environment you described.
27. It was a pleasure speaking with you. You mentioned that you were particularly looking for someone with formal certifications in [HR/project management, etc.]. We discussed my credentials, and I have attached for your information a copy of my certifications. I am very excited about the opportunity to work with you and look forward to the interview.
28. Thank you for the time you spent with me. I am enthusiastic about this opportunity. While every workplace is unique, my experience at [insert company name] gave me first-hand exposure to working in a similar environment with similar challenges. I enjoyed discussing with you how I could use that experience to help you achieve your goals.
29. It was a sincere pleasure to meet you. I hope my nerves during our discussion yesterday did not get in the way of me describing the reasons why I would be an excellent candidate for the role you are filling. The only time I experience nerves like that is during interviews. When I am at work, I am the confident and articulate person you will read about in my references.
30. Thank you for your time interviewing me. While I touched on it briefly during our discussion, I thought that it might be useful to highlight my success in delivering [insert] at [name of previous company]. I believe that sort of success could be easily replicated in your company and I would love the opportunity to help you achieve those results. I am excited about the prospect of joining your team.
The below infographic provides a guide to those interviewing for new roles and positions. Performing your research and exuding professionalism throughout the interview process will help to put you on the path to success. The most important topics to avoid and the next steps to follow after the interview are listed below.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.