Here are some Christmas messages for kids to use or to inspire you to send your own customized message.
1. I heard that Santa is really happy with how kind you have been to others this year. He has been watching you at school and at home and thinks you are an amazing [boy/girl]. Great job and happy holidays!
2. Jingle bells, jingle bells, Santa is on his way to bring gifts and lots of cheer to a very special [boy/girl] who has been good all year. No coal for [name]! Have a very Merry Christmas!
3. Christmas is about doing things that make you happy all day long, so make sure to build the biggest snowman you can and send me a picture of it. If I were there, I would give you a big hug. Have fun, buddy. Have a Merry Christmas.
4. Guess what? Someone told me you are on the “good list” list this year. Way to go! I am sure you are disappointed not to get any coal this Christmas…yeah, right. I wish you a happy Christmas full of fun and presents!
5. I want you to know that you are officially the #1 Joy-Spreader this year. This is a special, very high position that is only for the most loved and most cherished kiddos. You got the title because everyone said that they have the joy of a thousand Christmases whenever you are around. So, great job! Have a jolly, Merry Christmas!
6. This Christmas, I want you to sing songs, dance around, play dress up, make the biggest snowball you can, eat lots of goodies, and have the most wonderful time ever. You have a big kind heart, and I am sending you lots of hugs. Merry Christmas, [name].
7. What word starts with the letter “C” and ends with the letter “S”? I’ll give you a hint: it’s the greatest time of the year. It’s Christmas! Merry Christmas, [name].
8. You are like a snowflake, a [cute/handsome/beautiful] one-of-a-kind creation. You are special and loved. I wish you a blizzard of Christmas fun from one snowflake to another. Merry Christmas!
9. Do you who the [boy/girl] is who has great ideas, is kind, and is growing stronger every day? Well, I do. It’s YOU! Have very happy holidays, and make sure to not eat too much sugar…or Santa might have to call the Tooth Fairy to tell her about some teeth that have fallen out!
10. Do you know what your superpower is? It is bringing happiness and Christmas cheer to everyone. Have a great holiday season, my big and strong superhero.
11. I hear Santa and Rudolph are personally delivering your gifts this year because you have been such a wonderful [boy/girl]. You deserve it. Have a wonderful Christmas and take it easy on the sweets!
12. Christmas lights, food, decorations, oh what fun they all are. I hope you have a holly, jolly Christmas because it is the most wonderful time of the year, and you are the most wonderful [boy/girl] I know!
13. Singing Jingle Bells and watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer means our favorite time of the year is here. I want to wish my favorite [boy/girl] in all the world a very Merry Christmas and lots of great fun.
14. Up on the housetop, wait, who goes up there? Down through the chimney, wait, isn’t that dangerous? It’s a good thing Santa makes us so happy with the toys he brings. Otherwise, I might have to talk to him about making safer choices. Stay safe this Christmas, [name], and never forget that you are a precious gift to everyone around you.
15. The air is full of excitement as we wait for Christmas to get here. I can’t wait to see your face as you open your gifts. I hope you are having loads of fun, and I look forward to seeing you soon. Merry Christmas!
16. Christmas lights sparkling in our eyes, and the smell of cookies filling the air are some of the wonderful things about Christmas. Yes, it is finally that time of year, and with it comes me sending my favorite [boy/girl] all my love. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
17. Candy canes, and jingle bells are the beginning of the most joyous time of the year. My hope for you this Christmas is that it is full of fun and happiness. You are strong, smart, and such a wonderful [boy/girl]. Stay that way!
18. Hey buddy, it’s Christmas, and I wish you happy days and yummy treats. I would love to be there to see your [handsome/beautiful] face, but until I can, I am sending you big virtual hugs to the most awesome, most talented, most [courageous/perfect] [boy/girl] I know, YOU!
19. I’m sending this card to you to show you how much you mean to me this happy season. Make sure you tell your friends and family how much they mean to you, too. You are a smart and kind [boy/girl] with a big heart, and I miss seeing your smiling face. Have a fun holiday.
20. Say hello to the best time of year! I hope you are proud of the strong [young man/young woman] you are becoming and know that you are loved and respected. Wishing you, mom, and dad a fabulous Christmas, my big-little bear.
21. Christmastime means cookies and songs, friends and fun, and presents and laughter. I wish you all of these happy things and more. Merry Christmas, to the cutest elf I know.
22. Christmas wishes are coming your way from someone who loves you more than presents and songs and candy. I love you because you are kind. I love you because you are strong. I love you because you can do anything you put your mind to. Have fun, dear [name], and celebrate the best time of the year!
23. As I write this card, I wonder if you are putting together an attack plan for your Christmas presents. Which ones are the ones you asked Santa for? Are some hidden? Well, as for my gift, you are going to have to wait until Christmas morning to see it. I hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas!
24. I didn’t have to think hard to figure out that YOU are my favorite thing about Christmas. Your laughter and the sparkle in your eyes fill my heart with joy. You are brighter than the brightest light on my tree, and you are the light that lights up my life. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
25. I have a very secret assignment for you. SHHHHH! Go to your Christmas tree and search for the shiniest ornament you can find. Now, as you look at it, what do you see? You see the most precious gift in the entire universe, YOU! Merry Christmas!
26. I talked to Santa Claus. Guess what he had to say? He said that you are at the very very top of the “Nice List.” Yay! Happy Holidays to the winner of the Nice List competition!
27. My heart is exploding right now with love for you, so please help me by giving your mom and dad a big hug to share some of that love. Have a very Merry Christmas, [name].
28. I wish you the most magical Christmas this year. Christmas is about joy, so go outside, lie in the snow and make the coolest snow angel you can. I am thinking about you and so very proud of the strong and thoughtful [boy/girl] you are, and the [boy/girl] you are becoming. Have a Merry Christmas and have a New Year full of new ideas and new activities to explore!
29. Hey, my little pumpkin, it’s Christmas, and I am thinking about how happy you make me every time I see you or hear your voice. You are one of the most important people in my life, and I believe in you. Have loads of fun with your friends this Christmas. Eat all of mom’s delicious cookies and try not to get into too much trouble.
30. I had a chat with an elf, and he told me Santa had the elves work extra hard to make some special gifts for a really kind [boy/girl] with a big heart who everyone loves. Then the elf told me that the kid was you! I was pretty happy about that and wanted to tell you. I hope you are excited. Merry Christmas!
31. Christmas trees come in different shapes, sizes, and shades of green, but their differences make them wonderful and interesting. Wouldn’t you agree? I hope your Christmas is as wonderful, as interesting, and as perfect as you are. I hope your new year is full of joy. All my love, sweet [name].
32. I decided to send presents and my love to the smartest kid with the biggest Christmas spirit. That’s YOU, kiddo. Keep smiling and be good. You are a superhero to me and don’t ever forget it.
33. As you prepare for your annual super official Santa watch, I wanted to remind you not to forget the snacks for Rudolph. He likes carrots, but anything will do. Have a Merry Christmas, and don’t fall asleep!
34. Guess what I want for Christmas? I wished that YOU would get cool gifts and lots and lots of hugs. Why? Because you bring happiness to everyone, and so I want you to have happiness, too! You are also smart, funny, [handsome/beautiful]…okay…I need to stop. But know that you are loved! Merry Christmas, [name].
35. I am sending lots of love to the best [boy/girl] in the world. You have been good and tried so hard all year long, and I am so very proud of you. I am sure that Santa is, too! Enjoy your holidays.
36. Hi there, little elf. I picked this card since it reminded me of the kindest and coolest [boy/girl] I know. It has a magic to it that makes me happy, just like you. Have very happy holidays and have lots of fun!
37. I’ve been waiting all year long, and Christmas is finally here! With it comes all my love for you. I wish you a bright and happy Christmas, [name]!
38. I am sending all my love and lots of big hugs to my favorite [boy/girl] in all the world. Hoping you have a mountain of fun and tons of great presents this year. Wish I were there to see your [beautiful/handsome] smiling face. Happy Holidays!
39. I sent a letter to Santa asking him to deliver a present that would make you really happy, because you bring happiness to everyone you meet every day of the year. Enjoy the holidays, my smart and talented little elf.
40. I am so happy to have you in my life. Your smile and personality outshine and out-twinkle all of the lights on my tree this Christmas. I wish you a very holly, jolly Christmas and a happy new year.
41. It’s that time of the year again. The time when we decorate our trees, have sing-alongs, cheer, play with toys, get many gifts, hang around our family, eat lots of candies, and play in the snow. It’s Christmas. Make sure to have your best time.
42. I’ve heard that you are getting big and strong, and you very helpful at home. Good thing, because Santa said you are going to need that strength to carry all the presents you will be getting this Christmas to your [playroom/play area/bedroom]. Sending lots of big hugs your way. Happy holidays!
43. I am so full of cheer this Christmas because I get to celebrate it with the most awesome and smartest [boy/girl] I know. That’s YOU! You are a star. Let your light shine all this holiday season and all next year.
44. The lights sparkling in the snow are such a beautiful sight. They are just one of the many wonderful things of this time of year. I hope you are enjoying all the fun Christmas sights and sounds. Merry Christmas, with all my love!
45. I love seeing the gifts beautifully wrapped and safely put under the tree. But seeing you this Christmas has been the best gift of all. Seeing you is better than anything that money can buy. Seeing you brings greater joy than anything else can bring. Know that you are deeply loved and cherished, and everything is perfect when we are together. Happy holidays, [name].
46. On my way home yesterday, a man with white hair in a red suit and black belt was riding a flying sleigh. He told me to tell the coolest kid I know to have a great time this Christmas. So, I am telling you. Do you know that man? Well anyway, Merry Christmas!
47. At Christmas, there is so much fun to be found. I hope you are finding all the fun and happiness there is all around. Happy holidays to you, my precious one!
48. Ho, ho, ho, and a merry Christmas to you. Santa’s been watching you this year, and he thinks you deserve something special for all the hard work you’ve done. Great job, [name]. I am so proud of you!
49. Do you think you’ve been naughty or nice this year? Don’t worry, I know you are kind, helpful, talented, and smart, so I’ll make sure Santa knows you should be on the Nice List! Have a very Merry Christmas.
50. The best present I am getting this Christmas is getting to spend time with my favorite person – you! Thanks for being so awesome and Merry Christmas.
51. I talked to Santa, and he said he really wanted to write you back after you sent him that letter, but he lost the envelope. Instead, he wanted me to hand-deliver this card to you. I hope you have a very fun Christmas!
52. Merry Christmas to the best little kid around! I hope you enjoy hot chocolate, lit fireplaces, and Christmas carols. Make sure you save a few cookies and some milk for yourself. Don’t give them all up to Santa!
53. The merriest of Christmases to you! You will have yummy treats, something special from Santa, and most importantly, you get to spend time with your family, doing all those special things we only get to do at this time of year.
54. Christmas is a unique time, full of sparkling lights and the best decorations. How excited you must be for Christmas Eve! May it be everything you expected and more. Have a happy Christmas.
55. Wishing you the happiest of holidays, full of joy, goodwill, and merry moments (and a candy cane or two). I am so proud of the big [boy/girl] you have become. Keep it up!
56. Christmas means time with family, doing fun things, like singing Christmas carols, making special treats, and picking out the perfect gifts for the people we love. Have an amazing Christmas.
57. I am sure that your Christmas will be as unique and special as each snowflake that falls from the sky. Have a cheerful Christmas, full of fun.
58. It is every child’s dream to wait up all night and catch a glimpse of Santa coming down the chimney. Here is hoping you get to sneak a peek at the big guy. Merry Christmas!
59. You can tell that Christmas is coming when twinkling lights begin to pop up all over, and when the air becomes crisp and cold, smelling of snow. Enjoy this very special time of year. Happy holidays.
60. Merry Christmas, little snowball[s]. May you get everything you wished for, spending your time with the people who love you most.
61. Hot chocolate, fluffy snow, beautifully decorated Christmas trees, and YOU. These are just a few of my favorite things. Wishing you the merriest of Christmases, [name]!
62. You have waited all year and been so very good! You have spread joy, love, and goodwill to all. The time has finally come, yes, it’s finally here! We wish you a Merry Christmas, certain it will be everything you imagined.
63. The stockings are hung, the tree is trimmed. Gifts for loved ones have been wrapped and placed under the tree. May all the delights of the holiday be with you. Merry Christmas!
64. This Christmas, make sure when you are tucked in bed that you listen very carefully for the sounds of jingle bells and reindeer hooves on the roof of your house. That means Santa has come! Good luck and Merry Christmas.
65. Getting to spend some time with you this Christmas is the only gift I need. Your Christmas will be filled with all the things you love. Have a great Christmas!
66. Merry Christmas, [name]! Once a year, we are lucky enough to enjoy the dreamlike world that pops up around us before Christmas comes. We love sharing our holiday with you.
67. I love singing songs, sharing stories, and playing in the snow at Christmastime. Do you know what I love even more than all of those put together? YOU! Merry Christmas to you and your family, dear [name].
68. Santa will come down the chimney Christmas Eve, and the magic of the holiday will be in your house. I hope you receive an incredibly special gift that you treasure throughout the year. Merry Christmas!
69. May your holidays be as beautiful as the gently falling snow on a quiet night. It makes the world fresh and new, with many adventures ready to begin. I wish you the happiest of Christmases this year.
70. There is something special about the month of December. There are so many lovely things that we save for this time of year. One of the best gifts of Christmas is spending time with the people we care about. Merry Christmas.
71. Cherish the memories that you create during this special season. As you get older, you will look back and smile. You will grow to love the simple traditions that make this time of year so perfect. Merry Christmas.
72. Do all the amazing things that can only be done at this time of year: make a snow angel, decorate a wreath, bake holiday cookies to share with neighbors, or sing a Christmas carol. Make the most of this amazing time. Merry Christmas.
73. I ran into Santa the other day at the store, and he told me that he is so proud of the good [boy/girl] you have been this year and to give you a big hug from him. So I am sending you a big hug from Santa, a big hug from me, and wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Great job, [name]!
74. Christmas trees, gifts, and smells are all around us. All the excitement of Christmas is finally here. May all the thrill and joy of Christmas be yours, [name]!
75. I know your family and friends are excited to have you around this Christmas. I know I am. Guess who else is, SANTA! Happy holidays!
Best Quotes for Christmas Messages to Kids
“Teacher says every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.”
It’s a Wonderful Life
“And we’re going to have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas.”
“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas!”
A Christmas Carol
“‘One can never have enough socks,’ said Dumbledore. ‘Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.'”
“The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.”
“A joy that is shared is a joy made double.”
“Love the giver more than the gift.”
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
“Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
The Polar Express
“Rudolph, with your nose so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?”
“Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” lyrics
“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
“Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.”
Norman Vincent Peale
“This time of year means being kind to everyone we meet, To share a smile with strangers we may pass along the street.”
“Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold.”
Josephine Daskam Bacon
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.”
“I love the Christmas-tide, and yet, I notice this, each year I live; I always like the gifts I get, But how I love the gifts I give!”
“There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up.”
“For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself.”
“Good news from heaven the angels bring, Glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, To crown us with the joy of heaven.”
“Jesus exchanges our hurts for joy.”
“Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.”
Miracle on 34th Street
“Let us have music for Christmas…Sound the trumpet of joy and rebirth; Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts, To bring peace to men on earth.”
Mildred L. Jarrell
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”
Roy L. Smith
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
“Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa.”
“Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.”
Richelle E. Goodrich
“Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.”
“Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness.”
“At Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.”
“Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away, like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.”
Norman Wesley Brooks
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
“Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.”
Ruth Carter Stapleton
“From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas bring us closer to each other.”
“It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you…yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.”
“Christmas to me is as many people as possible happy.”
“What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.”
Agnes M. Pharo
“Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.”
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas; Soon the bells will start, And the thing that will make them ring, Is the carol that you sing, Right within your heart.”
“It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” lyrics
“I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness.”
“I heard the bells on Christmas Day, Their old, familiar carols play, And wild and sweet, The words repeat, Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love.”
“The true Christmas spirit is putting others’ happiness before our own, and finding you’ve never known such happiness.”
“Christmas now surrounds us, Happiness is everywhere, Our hands are busy with many tasks, As carols fill the air.”
“The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.”
Henry David Thoreau
“As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.”
“Jesus is the answer to the problems placed on us and the problems found within us.”
“T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.”
Clement Clarke Moore
“There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen.”
Frosty the Snowman
“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, Just like the ones I used to know, Where the tree tops glisten, And children listen, To hear sleigh bells in the snow.”
“White Christmas” lyrics
“Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.”
“Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”
“Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.”
Norman Vincent Peale
“If ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ were candy and nuts, wouldn’t it be a Merry Christmas?”
“Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.”
“May Christmas lend a special charm, To all you chance to do. And may the season light your way, To hopes and dreams anew.”
Garnett Ann Schultz
“Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.”
Mary Ellen Chase
“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
“Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world.”
“It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
“When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?”
Gilbert K. Chesterton
“All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ.”
“The joy of brightening other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays.”
“Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first.”
George Matthew Adams
“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
“If you want to bring yourself joy, then seek to give others.”
“Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.”
Helen Steiner Rice
“Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas everyday.”
Helen Steiner Rice
“It’s Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive.”
“We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
“Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.”
“I love Christmas. I receive a lot of wonderful presents I can’t wait to exchange.”
“Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.”
“Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.”
“Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.”
“Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.”
The most expensive Christmas tree ever decorated cost more than 11 million dollars. More than 350 million trees grow within United States’ farms. While this may seem like a lot, only 25-30 million real trees are purchased by Americans each year. The below infographic outlines more interesting facts about Christmas.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.