Here are special wedding anniversary messages to put a smile on the face of a couple celebrating their wedding anniversary.
1. Happy anniversary, [name] and [name]. No one’s relationship can compare with the love and dedication the two of you have shared over the years. I can only hope that all your future anniversaries will bring you as much joy as the one today does.
2. Congratulations on [yet another/your first] anniversary. You both deserve absolutely the best in life, and I know you already have that in each other – yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
3. Congratulations to the superstar married couple who makes everyone else look bad. I hope you realize how good you’ve got it! (Okay, I’m jealous.) I wish you both the best, and many, many, more years together.
4. Happy anniversary to a beautiful couple that, even after all these years, are still interested in listening to each other’s stories, sharing their news, and making each other laugh. May you be laughing together for many years to come.
5. When I look at you and see how strong your bond is today, I know you will be happily walking hand-in-hand down the beach together when you are old and gray. Congratulations on the ultimate achievement, finding your partner for life.
6. Congratulations on your anniversary. You remind us all why marriage was invented, and I know you will be celebrating the day in style, just like everything you do.
7. Happy wedding anniversary to an incredible couple and two of the best people I know. It is so inspiring to see a couple who use the vows they spoke [#] years ago to guide how they live every day.
8. They say that love can change the world, and when I look at you and your marriage, I absolutely believe that is possible. I hope you have a wonderful day, and congratulations on your anniversary.
9. Happy anniversary, [name] and [name]. Hoping you have some memorable plans to celebrate the fact that every year your love and commitment to each other grows stronger and shines brighter. You both are amazing and a rare breed. Celebrate that!
10. [Name] and [name], congratulations on your anniversary. Your love for each other is stronger today than the day you married. We love seeing you so happy, and your joy makes everyone else around you happy as well.
11. This day might be just one celebration out of many, but may your love, dedication, and respect for each other shine throughout all the days in your lives! I hope you treasure this day as much as you do each other.
12. On this day, may you celebrate how much you have done as a couple and look back on all the wonderful memories you have together. May love, joy, and respect always keep you together, as it has until now. Happy Anniversary.
13. To the only married couple that can make me feel both jealous and incredibly happy at the same time: Happy Anniversary! I hope I will be as lucky as you one day and find my perfect “better half,” as you have done.
14. Happy anniversary to my best friends. I know it took you both some time to find each other, but having a love like yours has clearly been worth the wait. I wish you many more years of happiness together.
15. I can’t express how happy I am to see you both celebrating yet another anniversary. Our friends voted, and you received the “Admired Dreamy Couple” award. Looks like we are all going to have to celebrate!
16. [#] number of years of togetherness, of being a team, of sharing a life. Congratulations to you both for knowing the secret of how to be a couple, and how to stay a couple. I wish you both many, many more happy memories and a lifetime that is truly well-lived.
17. Happy anniversary to an incredible couple. I have watched in wonder as you have created the lives you wanted and brought your dreams to life together. I am so happy for you.
18. What is it that we want from life? Not more wine. Not more chocolate cake. It is love. A true human bond. You have it. You have found it. I couldn’t be happier for you. Congratulations on your anniversary.
19. Raising my glass to one of the most endearing couples I have had the opportunity to know. May you share many wonderful years of marriage to come!
20. Time changes many things, but you two seem to remain the same marvelous couple. I hope you will forever cherish all the love and good things that you have together. Happy anniversary and warm wishes for many more to come.
21. No present or wish or congratulatory words are better than what you have — each other. You already have it all, and I couldn’t be happier for you. My wish for you is that you always have it all. Happy Anniversary, [name] and [name].
22. There are not many people that share a connection as special as yours, and I wish for that special connection to be everlasting. Enjoy your anniversary as much as you enjoy all your moments together.
23. [Name] and [name], I wish that your happiness and love will last forever, beyond this day and beyond time and space! You are a true inspiration as a couple and happy anniversary.
24. Happy anniversary to an amazing couple who has lived through so much together, including great times and some difficult challenges. When I see you, I know there are many more happy days to come. Congratulations, my friends.
25. Today is a day to remember when you first met, remember your dating season, remember your wedding day, and remember all you have been through together. Most importantly, today is a day to remember how much you mean to each other and the rare miracle you are experiencing by having one another. Happy anniversary to one of the most amazing couples I know.
26. After all of these years, your love and friendship shine brighter than ever. Congratulations on being able to keep the magic alive. You are an example for us all!
27. Happy anniversary to a one-of-a-kind couple. I have always admired the way the two of you look so happy and connected. You set the bar high. Keep up the great work.
28. When other couples are flailing around me, your connection and love for each other continues to grow stronger. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, and realize that your friends are going to force you to reveal your “secret sauce” one day!
29. I hope you cherish and nurture the precious relationship that you have together for all eternity. Something as special as you two have is a rare gift, seldom achieved in real life. Always treasure it. Happy Anniversary.
30. You seem like two of the luckiest people alive, for having found each other, for having found love, joy, and a home for your hearts together. May you never forget what makes you such a special couple and treasure it forever! Congratulations.
31. Congratulations on your anniversary. I can’t believe that [#] years have gone by since we all danced at your wedding. It is wonderful to see you looking as happy today as you did then. Congratulations on your anniversary. We know there will be many more to come.
32. Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple who have been keeping the magic of true love alive for [#] years. We wish you the greatest joy on your special day and for all the years to come.
33. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. You are perfect together and inspire the rest of us to believe that true love and everlasting happiness is possible. Hope you have a blast celebrating your [#] years together.
34. Happy anniversary to a team that is as good together in life as they are in love. You have had the wisdom to ignore a society that tells you quit when the going gets tough, and instead worked through the tough times. You are an example for us all.
35. Sending all my love and respect to the most envied couple there is. May you always be this happy and thankful for one another, today, on your anniversary, and always.
36. Happy anniversary! You have proven that true love conquers all and your love for each other reflects in everything that you two do. Congratulations on many happy years, and wishing you many more to come.
37. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. You are a dream team when it comes to love, and you truly deserve all the happiness and joy that life can offer.
38. If everyone had a love and marriage as wonderful as yours, the world would be a much nicer place. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, and thank you for showing us all what love and commitment look like.
39. We are so happy that you are celebrating another anniversary together. Congratulations on [#] years of a life lived fully, happily, and with love, respect, friendship, and joy.
40. They say all good things come to an end, yet you two have only grown stronger as a couple, through your selfless love for each other. May you continue to do so with every passing year. Happy Anniversary.
41. Happy anniversary to two genuinely amazing people. You two are a true source of inspiration that fairytale marriages do exist. I wish you an endless “happily ever after,” today and always.
42. Keep yourselves close to each other’s heart, support yourselves during the difficult moments in life, and never waver in your love for one another. Congratulations on being a one-in-a-million couple!
43. You two are every couple’s dream. You make it seem so effortless, and frankly, it is just hard to compete (so I’ve given up trying)! Congratulations to you both on your anniversary.
44. Everyone knows that real love is not easy. But you have shown us all that it is worth working together, one day at a time, to overcome obstacles and create a beautiful life together. Happy anniversary.
45. Congratulations on your anniversary. And congratulations on all the incredible things you have achieved together through your love, including your beautiful children and a house full of warmth, laughter, and hope. I wish you two a long life of health and love together.
46. Dear [name] and [name], one of the reasons I love hanging out with you is because the warmth and love you share are simply infectious. I keep hoping that some of your magic will rub off on me so that I can find a love half as good. I am so very happy for you both. Congratulations on your anniversary.
47. It is so inspirational to see a couple that respects, loves, and supports each other the way you do. Wishing you all the happiness you deserve on this wedding anniversary and for all the many joyful years that are yet to come.
48. Happy anniversary to an amazing couple. We know that this day, like so many before, will be full of the pleasures of life – family, laughter, joy, love, music, and dancing. Congratulations, dear friends.
49. For all the love, kindness, and endless devotion you have shown each other, every step of the way, congratulations! May your bond remain unbreakable for all the years of your lives.
50. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and on proving everyone wrong who said you wouldn’t last. Seeing the love and joy on your face as you look at each other shows that all the struggles have been worth it.
Best Quotes for Your Happy Wedding Anniversary Message
“Marriage is the highest state of friendship. If happy, it lessens our cares by dividing them, at the same time that it doubles our pleasures by mutual participation.”
“Marriage is a commitment – a decision to do, all through life, that which will express your love for one’s spouse.”
Herman H. Kieval
“A happy marriage is the world’s best bargain.”
“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
“This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.”
“What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life – to strength each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?”
“Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it’s a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.”
“Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone, I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One. I give ye my Spirit, ’til our Life shall be Done.”
“A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”
“The sweet companionship of eternal marriage is one of the greatest blessings God has granted to His children.”
Joseph B. Wirthlin
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
“Love is a friendship set to music.”
“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”
“The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.”
William Lyon Phelps
“The more time you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes.”
“I would say that the surest measure of a man’s or a woman’s maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse.”
Dr. Benjamin Spock
“A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.”
Pearl S. Buck
“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
“A good marriage is where both people feel like they’re getting the better end of the deal.”
“When two people become one by way of marriage, it is not only their hearts that are united, but their minds and souls as well.”
Julie Donner Anderson
“There is no remedy for love but to love more.”
Henry David Thoreau
“Time is very slow for those who wait. Very fast for those who are scared. Very long for those who lament. Very short for those who celebrate. But for those who love, time is eternal.”
“May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise.”
“Marriage provides the solace of worked-on friendship and the joy of being known profoundly.”
“The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.”
“A good marriage is a contest of generosity.”
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.”
“Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.”
“Always strive to give your spouse the very best of yourself; not what’s leftover after you have given your best to everyone else.”
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.”
“Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.”
“Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away.”
“Marriage is a feast where the grace is sometimes better than the dinner.”
Charles Caleb Colton
“Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.”
“There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye, keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.”
“Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.”
“Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that’s loved by you.”
Charles M. Schulz
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”
“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.”
“In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.”
“When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.”
“Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.”
“Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.”
“As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage He made one of two.”
“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”
“The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.”
“A marriage is a gift. It should be opened up and enjoyed.”
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”
“Where there is love there is life.”
“Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“The great secret of successful marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents and none of the incidents as disasters.”
Sir Harold George Nicolson
“Who, being loved, is poor?”
“Marriage is the mother of the world. It preserves kingdoms, and fills cities and churches, and heaven itself.”
“Marriage is such a beautiful relationship and a gift from God. It’s God’s design, created between a man and a woman.”
“Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.”
Barbara De Angelis
“The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.”
Robert C. Dodds
“Marriage is getting to have a sleepover with your best friend every night of the week.”
“To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.”
“Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.”
“There are few more powerful tools for promoting stability than the institution of marriage.”
Iain Duncan Smith
“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”
“A sap run is the sweet goodbye of winter. It is the fruit of the equal marriage of the sun and frost.”
“The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.”
“Romance is the glamor which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.”
“There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.”
“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
“Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.”
“All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”
“The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.”
“Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
“You know you are in love when the two of you can go grocery shopping together.”
“Love is a gift of one’s inner most soul to another so both can be whole.”
“The bride and groom – May their joys be as bright as the morning, and their sorrows but shadows that fade in the sunlight of love.”
Minna Thomas Antrim
Best Bible Verses for Your Happy Wedding Anniversary Message
1 Corinthians 13:13
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
1 Corinthians 16:14
Let all that you do be done in love.
And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him — a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
1 John 4:8
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
There are three things that amaze me — no, four things that I don’t understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman.
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.
Song of Soloman 2:16
My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies.
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
2 Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.
What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.
1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.
Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
1 John 4:16
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.
With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Traditionally, each year of your wedding anniversary has a designated type of gift to commemorate that specific year. The first year is paper, making it the perfect time to gift personalized stationery. The second and third years are cotton and leather. Tradition gives us specific types of gifts to give for each additional year, through and beyond the 25th year of marriage, which is a silver item. The below infographic provides some creative ideas to incorporate tradition, but with a modern twist.
The original infographic can be found at PersonalCreations.com.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.