Top Ten (10) Fund Raising Fails
It could be truly difficult raising funds. But it is easier to avoid mistakes made by newbies. Here are the top 10 mistakes made by fundraisers.
1. Not making use of charts, graphs, and analytics in the analysis of pitch materials.
2. Hard coding numbers into the spreadsheet.
3. Failing to use a base bottom on analysis.
4. Failure to relate the financial model to the narrative.
5. Not knowing the different between TAM (Total Addressable Market) and SAM (Serviceable Addressable Market).
6. Ignoring the use of the generally acceptable principle.
7. Failing to do the cash flow analysis.
8. Underestimation of the variable expenses.
9. Inadequate knowledge of your comparable market metrics.
10. The projection of $1B in revenue over the next five years.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.