Crowdfunding on Kickstarter
As crowdfunding takes off, so has Kickstarters rise in popularity. Seeing more than 5 million visitors each day with 3700 projects funded with 18 million dollars, Kickstarter has become the most popular website to seek crowdfunding.
• Launched a total of 68,878 projects.
• Raised a total of 336 million dollars.
• Seen a total of 73,859,544 visitors.
Projects that Grew the Quickest
1. Ouya – A portable game console build on the Android OS with free games and other fun media content.
2. Double Fine Adventure – In 6-8 months, developing their next game which is a classic point and click adventure.
3. Pebble – An app customizable watch where you can download new watchfaces, use sports and fitness apps, while receiving notifications from your phone.
4. Elevation Dock – A dock designed for the iPhone that works with cases and built at a new level of quality and minimalist design.
5. Wasteland 2 – A sequel to the popular 1988 RPG and predecessor to the Fallout series.
6. Amanda Palmer – Release of new album by Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra.
7. The Order of the Stick – The goal of this was to reprint the out of Print book and reach new readers with existing fans.
8. Shadowrun Returns – The game that brought back one of the most cherished and designed game settings as a 2D turn based RPG for tablets and PC.
Projects by Categories
• Film and Video – $86.14m
• Games – $56.34m
• Music – $52.04m
• Design – $50.90m
• Technology – $21.90m
• Publishing – $16.77m
• Art – $15.63m
• Food – $11.28m
• Theater – $10.82m
• Comics – $9.25m
• Photography – $5.34m
• Fashion – $5.20m
• Dance – $2.69m
It is determined that 12% of projects that finished, never received a single pledge. However, 82% of projects raised more than 20% of their goal and were successfully funded.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.