To show your teacher appreciation for his or her hard work and dedication, here are some great teacher appreciation messages you can use or customize with your own words.
1. Dear [teacher’s name], thank you. I already know you will be one of those teachers that I remember for life. The lessons you have taught me about how to question, how to explore, and how to search for a deeper answer will stay with me forever. Thank you for those gifts.
2. They used to say, “those who can, do and those who can’t, teach.” I think there is nothing further from the truth, since what you have done for me as a teacher has been beyond helping me understand and love a subject, but created a path in life for me. Thank you! Your guidance has meant the world to me.
3. I wanted to say thanks for being such an inspiring and motivating teacher. Every lesson with you has been fun. But it has also been challenging and has helped me fall in love with learning and [subject name]. Thank you so much.
4. Dear [teacher’s name], I will forever remember you as my favorite teacher for all the great things you have taught me and the patience and flexibility you’ve shown me whenever I was struggling. Thank you for always being there for me when I needed it. You are the best.
5. I wanted you to know that I think you are the greatest teacher. When I doubted myself, you always believed in me. When I tried to get away with doing the bare minimum, you challenged me to do better. I know I am a better student and a better person because of you. Thank you.
6. They say teachers are just as important as parents for a teenager. After having the honor of being part of your class, I can honestly say that I finally understand the meaning behind this saying. Thank you for guiding me not only through a difficult subject, but through life. It means a lot to me.
7. Thank you for the energy and enthusiasm you bring to the classroom every day. I, and the rest of the class, are motivated, engaged, and completely engrossed in your lessons, which seem to fly by far too quickly. You really are so talented.
8. Being in one of your lessons is like venturing into vast tracts of an unknown jungle with a great explorer as our tour guide. Sometimes you surprise us with rich and fascinating facts and other times you slowly lead us on a journey where we can discover things for ourselves. Thanks for making learning so much fun!
9. When I think about the future, I feel slightly scared and daunted by the next steps in my schooling and the problems in the wider world. But I know that I, and the rest of my classmates, are equipped with all the knowledge and skills we need because we were lucky enough to have had you as a teacher. Thank you for everything you have done to prepare us to meet any challenge we face.
10. There were many subjects which I loved in school, but yours will forever remain my favorite because of how you made the subject come to life. I wish you all the best and can’t thank you enough for everything!
11. Dear [teacher’s name], I was never a fan of [the subject you taught], but because of your great abilities as a teacher, I can now say I have not only changed my mind completely, but I’ve also learned that being a great teacher takes much more than knowing what you teach. You were that person for me!
12. Thank you for challenging me to be the best I could be. Without your belief in me and encouragement, I know I would not be getting the chance to fulfill my dreams of getting into college. Thank you again.
13. Out of the many teachers I have had over the years, it is your kind and patient nature that shines the brightest in my memory. Thank you for being such a magnificent teacher and person! You will never be forgotten.
14. Thank you for caring about me enough to challenge me to strive for a bigger, bolder, and brighter future. You are a remarkable teacher and an inspirational role model. Thank you again for this past [year/semester/quarter].
15. After participating in your classes, I can honestly say that I have learned so much from you. You have inspired me not only as a teacher, but as a person as well. Hoping you will forever remain the same!
16. I used to be happy just drifting through school, being unnoticed and getting unremarkable results. With your encouragement, I am now inspired to shine and be the best I can be. I wanted to thank you for that and let you know how much I appreciate your support.
17. After being your student for so long, I want to express my deep appreciation and respect for everything that you have taught me. I will never forget you and I hope you will remember me fondly as well!
18. I am so grateful to have had you as a teacher this year. Without your support, assistance, and encouragement, I know there was a big chance I would have lost my way and thrown in the towel. Now, I am looking forward to next year and what the future might bring. Thank you for all you have done for me.
19. From all my school years so far, you are the only teacher who will forever remain in my memory as truly the ideal teacher – intelligent, warm, patient, and with a great sense of humor. I hope you stay the same and thank you for everything!
20. I wanted you to know that I think you are an incredible teacher. The way you teach makes every subject spring to life for me, and for every other kid in the class as well. Thank you!
21. I might not have been your best student, but you were my favorite teacher throughout all these years. Thank you for showing me patience, perseverance and for teaching me that it’s never too late to learn something new!
22. Thank you for helping us learn, not just about the things we need to know to pass our tests and get good grades, but the things we need to learn to be good citizens and people. You have made a huge difference in my life, and I am so grateful for you.
23. I want to thank you for all the inspiration and interesting things you have taught me as my teacher. I do not know if I will ever be lucky enough to have a teacher as fantastic as you again. Thank you for an incredible [year/semester/quarter].
24. Thank you for helping me work my way through the confusion of what exactly I want to do with my life. Now, I have a goal and a path forward, but you also helped me see that it doesn’t matter if I get there in a straight or crooked line, just that I keep trying and am true to myself. And that is the most valuable lesson of all.
25. Thank you for not just being a teacher but my mentor, a thorn in the side to keep me moving, and a member of my personal life cheer squad.
26. Moving up to the next grade is exciting, but losing you as my teacher is not something I’m looking forward to. You will forever be my favorite teacher. Thank you for all you have taught me.
27. Thank you for being such an incredible teacher. I don’t know if you realize just how many lives you have touched and changed for the better with your teaching and guidance every year. The impact of your lessons and enthusiasm will last not just for my life but for generations to come.
28. Thank you for helping to create an army of better educated, passionate, and willing students who are ready to embrace the future and help change the world.
29. It is difficult to put into words what you have taught me. But I want you to know that whenever I am facing a particularly difficult challenge or decision, I think back on some of your wise words and quiet encouragement and suddenly, the path forward becomes clear. Thank you for that gift.
30. I just wanted to say thanks and let you know how much I appreciate the opportunity to have had you as my teacher. You have changed me and my life for the better and in ways that I’m sure I won’t fully understand until many years down the road. Thank you so much.
31. Thank you for everything you have taught me and everything you have helped me learn. The two are not the same thing, but each is important. I couldn’t have asked for a better teacher in these last years of school than you.
32. I just wanted to say thanks for everything you do to teach us in the classroom, but also your endless enthusiasm and passion for activities that try to make the school community a safe, supportive, and vibrant place to be.
33. Thank you for being such an awesome teacher. You are an endless vault of information, and also a kind and patient example of what a person should be like in life. Thank you for being a teacher and role model who I will always remember.
34. As I reach the end of my time in middle school, I wanted to say thank you for helping me become the person I am today. I know I am stronger, more focused, and better equipped to deal with the next stage of my life and schooling because of the things I have learned from you. Thank you.
35. To the best teacher in the world, thank you for always knowing what to say and how to keep my attention while I was in class. It’s a rare thing for me to enjoy learning, and I am grateful that you gave me the gift of a memorable learning experience. Thank you.
36. Wherever I go in life, I know I will always remember my lessons with you as one of the highlights of my school life. Your words of wisdom will be with me forever. Thank you for those gifts.
37. I have gained a lot of confidence in myself from having you as my teacher. You have been wonderful to me in every way and I hope other teens will have the same unforgettable opportunity I had. Thank you for being my teacher.
38. It must be hard to maintain so much enthusiasm for teaching a new group of difficult teenagers every year. But you make it all seem so effortless and I wanted you to know that I really appreciate your efforts to make every lesson so fresh and exciting.
39. Years from now, when I will look back on my school days, I will certainly remember you fondly, but even more, I will appreciate and respect all you have done for me. You have taught me many interesting and useful things as my teacher and I can’t thank you enough.
40. I know I have not been the easiest student in the class this year, but I wanted to thank you for never giving up on me and for believing in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself. You have made a big difference in my life.
41. To one of the most wonderful teachers in the world! Thank you for being not only a teacher to me, but also a true mentor. I have learned a lot more than the subject you have taught us, but also how to apply this in real life and I am immensely grateful to you for that.
42. I am not sure I ever want to leave school. Sure, it can be messy and difficult and challenging, but I am not sure I will ever find another teacher or mentor who is as inspiring and supportive as you. Thank you for the time we have had together.
43. For the most extraordinary teacher there is! Thank you for being such an inspiration and for always being so kind and understanding when I needed support with my learning. Nobody else could have done a better job than you.
44. To my favorite teacher, you are an example of true wisdom and endless patience, and are a fantastic mentor. Thank you for making every class a true pleasure to attend.
45. It takes a special kind of person to become that one teacher that someone remembers fondly from their early years. It takes someone who has just the right balance between knowing what you teach very well, loving what you do, understanding your students, and being patient and flexible with your students. For me, you are that one teacher. Thank you.
46. Dear [teacher’s name], there were times when school seemed very challenging and intimidating, but you were one of the few teachers that helped me overcome my insecurities and taught me that learning is something everyone can do, if they have the right teacher. Thank you for being the right teacher for me!
47. As I am now looking towards my future, my biggest regret is that I will no longer have you as my teacher. I have learned so much from you and I will miss you.
48. I can’t thank you enough for everything that you have taught me, for showing me kindness and for helping me believe in myself when nobody else did. You will always remain in my heart as the best teacher I ever had.
49. Looking back on all the years you have been my teacher, I only now realize how far I have come thanks to you. Thank you and please don’t change. You are the perfect teacher.
50. Dear [teacher’s name], I just want you to know that I consider myself very lucky to have had you as my teacher. Thank you for being a friend, a mentor, and a guide when I most needed it!
Best Teacher Appreciation Quotes
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
“The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited.”
“Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.”
George Washington Carver
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
“If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.”
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Thomas A. Edison
“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.”
“The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”
“Learning’s a gift, even when pain is your teacher.”
“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.”
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
“Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.”
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
“Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
Anthony J. D’Angelo
“Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.”
“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
“Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.”
“Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.”
“Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”
“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.”
“The expert in anything was once a beginner.”
“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”
Henry B. Adams
Approximately 147,000 teachers are hired each year to meet the needs of a growing population. Half of those teachers quit in just 5 years. An estimated 30% of students come from families below the poverty line. The below infographic outlines interesting statistics and facts about the importance and value of teachers to our society.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.