National Boss Day started in 1958 and is a day designed to honor the achievements and leadership of your boss. You do not need a specific day for complimenting your boss or to find nice things to say to your boss. The below messages and quotes show your gratitude and appreciation for being a great boss and examples of how to praise your boss in words.
1. I didn’t think it was possible to have a boss who makes me excited for Mondays, but you’ve done it. You make me feel like the work I do matters. Under your leadership, my professional abilities have no limit. Thank you for being such a great boss.
2. I cannot believe how lucky I am to work under someone like you. I hear stories of difficult bosses from others, and it makes me realize how fortunate I am to have a boss that’s as understanding and intelligent as you are. Thank you for choosing me.
3. Every plane needs a pilot, and I’m grateful you are ours. You have shown me that hard work and a willingness to improve yourself are traits that can get you far in life. I know that as long as you’re in the driver’s seat, we’ll continue to do great things. Thank you for being the best boss ever.
4. I do not think that I have ever actually said thank you for being a good boss. It is long overdue, so please accept my gratitude and appreciation for the way you fulfill the position of supervisor so diligently. I am always happy to come to work here and hope to continue here for years to come.
5. It is impossible to explain how much your supervision has meant to me over the years. I am so thankful that I have this job. I simply cannot imagine working anywhere else, nor for anybody else. Count me in for the long haul.
6. Thank you for helping me get a good grip on my responsibilities. You have shown me the value of persistence in making sure a job is done well. It is a quality that I hope to master as time goes on. I know I am learning from the best. Thank you for being a great boss.
7. Success starts from the top. Your supervision allows me to flourish in my position. It’s because of your direction that this company does as well as it does. You truly are a great boss.
8. In these times, I am privileged to have a job that brings me incredible personal satisfaction every day. I know this is not something to take for granted. Thank you for being my boss and helping me to be productive and feel fulfilled in my role.
9. Thank you for being an outstanding boss. Your willingness to give me opportunities to prove myself and take on new challenges means the world to me. Under your leadership, I feel like I have learned more than I have anywhere else. Thanks for being so incredible.
10. Every team needs its captain to be successful. Your leadership has been invaluable to my growth, both professionally and personally. You make everyone feel comfortable and valued. Thank you for being a great boss.
11. It’s rare that a boss takes time to understand their employees as you do. You don’t hear it enough, but thank you for being such a fantastic manager. I have learned so much just from observing you, and you give me the confidence to do my best work. Thank you for being the best boss.
12. I am loving my job. Thank you for all the training and advice you have given me so far. I am very appreciative of your willingness to answer all my questions, especially as I feel I am still learning. I am enjoying all the varying aspects of my job. You are the greatest.
13. I know I don’t say it enough, but I am eternally thankful for your mentorship and guidance over the years. You have taught me everything I know about this job. I always look forward to coming to work because of you. Thank you for being the best boss.
14. Thank you for being such a great boss. I truly value the opportunity I have been given to work for you and am learning so much. My goal in the long term is to become a great asset to the company. I want to express my gratitude for investing in me as your employee.
15. Your helpfulness and patience over the years have helped form me into the person I am today. You have always been clear with what you expect from employees, and you inspire me to do the best job I can do. I am lucky to have the best boss around.
16. Thank you for everything you do to make the work environment such a positive place to be. It is a real privilege to have you as my boss. From the very first day, you made me feel welcome. I realize that I have already grown and increased in my ability, all thanks to your excellent supervision.
17. Some bosses feel they deserve respect, but you have truly earned it. You are always willing to lend an ear and offer advice. You always seem to have a tip or trick to solve every problem. I know that I’m learning from one of the best. Thanks for being great.
18. Thank you for all the commitment you show to the team. It makes such a difference to know that you are invested in the success of each person, as well as the whole team. Everyone is different, yet you manage to pull us all together. You are the best boss ever.
19. I respect you enormously. It is a new experience for me to see someone who is genuinely interested in the people who are under their supervision. Thank you for being approachable and someone I can come to if I have any difficulty that I am unable to handle on my own.
20. I wanted to express how much I admire you. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. It has been amazing to see the company growing and be a part of that. I am excited for the days ahead, confident that business will continue to thrive.
21. Thank you for letting me learn from you and for freely sharing your knowledge. That is not the case everywhere, so it is a rare thing to find somebody eager to mentor others. I will continue to apply myself and hope that one day, I will be as proficient as you are.
22. Working under your leadership has been the best thing to happen to me in my professional life. The way you are able to take a tactical approach to any problem is motivating. I hope I get to work for you for many more years.
23. Thank you for always having time to talk to me about my mistakes and how I can fix them. Your method of teaching makes it very easy to understand what went wrong and how to best remedy the problem. You’re the best boss I’ve ever had.
24. I’ve always appreciated your willingness to work the extra hours with us when things get tough. I am privileged to have a boss that cares about us as people and help us along the way. Thank you for being the best boss ever.
25. You have always supported me in my role. It can be challenging at times, but I am very thankful that you make yourself available and that your office door is always open. With your support, I am well-equipped to navigate any issues that crop up. Thank you for all you do for me.
26. Just in case you didn’t know, you are the best boss a person could ask for. I appreciate how you respect each and every one of us employees as if we were equals. It makes me feel like I am an important part of the company. Thanks for being great.
27. Thank you for your excellent leadership. I am amazed at your commitment and the standards of excellence that you achieve from your employees. I will always strive to improve and do my best for this company.
28. Working with you is an experience I will carry with me for my entire career. You have shown me the qualities that make a great leader – patience, kindness, diligence, and inspiration. You are a great boss, and I want to follow your lead in the years to come.
29. Thank you for taking the initiative in so many ways, as you strive for the success of this company and the prosperity of the employees who work here. You excel in many leadership skills, and I am excited to be working in this dynamic environment.
30. The office atmosphere is always supportive, and that’s because of you. You are responsible for setting the example everyone else follows. I will take the lessons I’ve learned from you and apply them everywhere in life. Thank you for being an amazing boss.
31. You have given me the opportunity of a lifetime. I will endeavor to justify the faith that you have placed in me. Thank you for the encouragement I have been given so far. It is wonderful to be a part of this exceptional team.
32. I just want to say thank you for being such an attentive boss. You genuinely want the best for your employees, and that means a lot. I know how stressful it can be to have so much responsibility, but you manage it with incredible grace. I am lucky to have a boss like you.
33. I am so grateful for my employment here. Your decisions benefit everyone and are very fair. This helps the overall sense of teamwork and respect between employees. Thank you for creating and facilitating this environment.
34. Thank you for taking me under your wing and showing me the ropes. Your clear guidelines and expectations take away a lot of unnecessary guesswork and make my job much easier and less stressful. I just want you to know how appreciated your efforts are. You truly are the best boss in the world.
35. I hope to deliver great performance at work in appreciation for the time and effort you have put into my training. It has been an exciting season of life, learning new things. I fully intend to reciprocate your kindness by doing my best.
36. Thank you for always being so helpful. You make it easier for me to deal with difficult issues when things go wrong. You are patient, and that gives me a lot of confidence. You are exactly the kind of person that makes people want to continue to work here.
37. Honestly, it is a pleasure to work for you. I cannot express just how much having this job has meant to me. I would never have had the opportunity to do what I really love if you had not hired me for this amazing job. Thank you for being a great boss.
38. When anyone asks what I do, I can’t help but talk about how much I appreciate your leadership. It goes with the territory, because I would not be able to do this job without your help. It means a lot that I have a great boss who is happy when I succeed. Thank you so much for all you do for me.
39. I greatly admire you, and your character has led me to strive to be a better version of myself. I hope to develop similar qualities, and like you, be willing to try and understand new things. I now know the value of being a lifelong learner. You are the best boss ever.
40. Thank you for your leadership and for fostering a spirit of cooperation between colleagues. Sharing skills and information is a great asset to everyone. It helps me improve at a personal level, in addition to understanding the different facets of the company. Thank you for being a great boss.
Best Quotes for Your Thank You Message to Bosses
“I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.”
“No duty is more urgent than giving thanks.”
“We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.”
John F. Kennedy
“If you ever catch a great boss, it’s just such a rare thing, and it’s amazing.”
James L. Brooks
“A good boss is a person who can tolerate my complaints and still manage to say hello to me every day.”
“A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.”
“The key to successful leadership is influence, not authority.”
Kenneth H. Blanchard
“A really great man is known by three signs – generosity in the design, humanity in the execution, moderation in success.”
Otto von Bismarck
“Asking ‘who ought to be the boss’ is like asking ‘who ought to be the tenor in the quartet?’ Obviously, the man who can sing tenor.”
“I’m a big believer in picking your boss, not the job. Great people create great jobs.”
“A good manager is a man who isn’t worried about his own career but rather the careers of those who work for him.”
“The leadership instinct you are born with is the backbone. You develop the funny bone and the wishbone that go with it.”
“Leaders are influential because they live and inspire other people’s futures.”
Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
John Quincy Adams
“A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but where they ought to be.”
“Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.”
Peter F. Drucker
“Leadership is action, not position.”
Donald H. McGannon
“The greatest gift of leadership is a boss who wants you to be successful.”
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”
“A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could.”
Charles Erwin Wilson
“Nothing so conclusively proves a man’s ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself.”
Thomas J. Watson
“Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.”
“Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things.”
“No great manager or leader ever fell from heaven; it’s learned, not inherited.”
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.”
“The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.”
John E. Southard
“The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.”
“Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.”
“Managers are people who do things right, while leaders are people who do the right thing.”
“Every boss I’ve ever had has challenged me, pushed me, believed in me, and led by example.”
“No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.”
Alfred North Whitehead
“The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”
“Management is about arranging and telling. Leadership is about nurturing and enhancing.”
“A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.”
John C. Maxwell
“Yeah. You know what they say. ‘Happy captain, happy ship.'”
Many employees look up to the leadership skills and achievements of their boss at work. An estimated 78% of employees remain confident that their bosses would fight on their behalf if their job was on the line. One of the most important factors in overall job satisfaction is the ability to have a positive relationship between a supervisor and an employee. The following infographic provides some statistics and trends of bosses and their roles.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.