Here are a collection of “goodbye and good luck” messages for future endeavors that you can use or customize with the words you want to say.
1. We all picture our lives as if we are walking around with a camera, waiting for the perfect shot. Now that you have a chance at something new, my advice for you is to remember to focus on what is important to you. I am sure your life will be all that you wish for, and you will get the perfect shot. Goodbye and good luck with all your future endeavors.
2. Life can be like the ocean, sometimes it is calm and the waters easy to navigate. At other times, it can be full of uncertainty and troubled waters. I will be there to weather every storm with you, no matter the distance between us. Our friendship will forever remain strong. Goodbye, friend. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope for calm waters in your future.
3. You really deserve this. You have worked hard, and we are all so proud of you. Life is like a marathon and you are winning this race. Goodbye, and we wish you so much luck and success.
4. Adiós, ciao, bon voyage, arrivederci, sayonara, shalom, goodbye…but we hope to also be saying “hello” to you soon. We are happy for you, but nothing is forever, and so we hope this “goodbye” isn’t either. See you later, and be well.
5. Remember us when you have gone. A friendship like ours will last the distance, and just because you are moving on, it does not mean it is lost. So long for now and best of luck. We will speak soon.
6. So sad for me that you’re leaving. So happy for you for an exciting new chapter of your life. Knowing someone like you these past years has been a privilege, and I’m already jealous of the new friends you will make. Don’t’ be a stranger, okay? All the best to you and good luck.
7. There are letters we can pen and words we can say. Our shared memories and experiences bond us together. Now it is time for you to move on, and I know that we will continue to grow together as our friendship is tested by distance. I am always only a phone call away. Please never forget this. Goodbye and best of luck for the future.
8. I am as sure as the stars that shine at night that we will meet again, although miles part us, our friendship will remain as always. Until we meet again, my friend, good luck and farewell.
9. Our friendship is like an echo. Although we will soon be separated, it will always come back to just where we left off. You will be greatly missed, but I have no doubt in my mind that we will speak often. Goodbye and good luck with all your future endeavors.
10. So, you thought you could get rid of me by moving away? Well, I’ve got one word for you: technology. Phone, text, FaceTime, Facebook, video chat…yep, that’s right. Can’t get rid of me that fast. The good times have been priceless, [name], and I’m not letting go. Have a safe trip, and talk to you soon.
11. I didn’t expect the day to come so soon when you’d leave us to start a new chapter of your life. But I always knew you were going to do awesome things, and I’m happy to see it come true. Goodbye, and I wish you the absolute best of luck in all you do.
12. The balance of life means we cannot have a rainbow without first enduring the rain. I hope our friendship will continue after your absence, just like a rainbow. As you leave, there may be rain, but the colors of the rainbow will soon shine as we learn to be long-distance friends. There may be miles between us, but our friendship will be the same. Goodbye, and good luck in all your future endeavors.
13. Even Columbus knew the earth was round, so of course, you and I will meet again! At least that is what I am telling myself as a coping mechanism because I hate that you’re leaving. Anyway, enough about me. You will be severely missed! I wish you the absolute best. You deserve nothing short of extraordinary.
14. We planted a seed and watched it grow. Together, we saw the first shoots break through, and the and flowers bloom. Our friendship blossomed over the years, and you are someone I admire. I wish you every success in your future endeavors. You will be missed, dear friend. Goodbye and good luck.
15. Life can be like a game, and we all want to win. From what I see, it sure looks like you are winning a lot of games, and I wish you all the best so that it stays that way. You will be missed, and your absence felt. Goodbye for now.
16. Life is a journey, and we have taken many steps together. Now you are forging a new path, and I am so happy for you. Goodbye, my dear friend, and good luck. You will be missed and never forgotten. Please do keep in touch.
17. I am going to miss you like crazy when you go, but I know you’re going to kill it [in your new job/at college/at bootcamp]. I am trying my best not to be sad, and just realize that it’s a fact of life that people come and go. You, though, are one who I wish didn’t have to go. I wish you all the success, strength, peace and happiness possible. And please remember that I am only a FaceTime away.
18. Life passes us by so often, and each and every day we live on. We often don’t stop to tell someone how much they mean to us. Now that you are moving on, I simply must tell you how much you mean to me, and how missed you will be. Goodbye and best of luck.
19. Time. It moves so quickly, and we never seem to have enough. The seconds turn into minutes, and then into hours. Days into weeks, then months and years. I will find time for you, time in my day to think of you fondly, to call you or to send you a message. Our friendship is worth stopping the clock for. Goodbye and good luck. I will keep in touch.
20. Only a phone call away, but I will miss your presence every day. At least we have such wonderful technology to see us through the absence. Goodbye, good luck in your future endeavors, and take care on your upcoming journey.
21. When I heard you were leaving, I Googled, “what to do to relieve loneliness” and the national substance abuse hotline popped up. Not exactly what I was looking for. Anyway, it was great getting to know you, and I wish we could have had more time. I hope you find someone as fun as me when you move. If not, just come back, and we’ll pick up where we left off. Have a great time in your new [job/city].
22. Thank you for the laughs, tears, and all the craziness while we’ve been together in this city. I’ll miss the good times with you, but am excited that you’re moving on to new things. Best of luck for your future and stay out of trouble!
23. To me, you were always like a sunflower. You followed the sun and dared to dream. This has now taken you to a new place. May you always bask in the sun and enjoy all life has to offer. Best of luck, always.
24. The pictures in frames around my home will always remind me of you, of us, and of our dear friendship. Every time I glance at them, I will think of you, be reminded of who you are, and what you mean to me. Although you are moving to follow your dream, I will always do what I can to be a part of your life. I hope to keep in touch and wish you all the luck in the world. The most heartfelt goodbye to you, my friend.
25. There’s nothing I hate more than goodbyes – so let’s not. Instead, congratulations on what is going to be the beginning of more great things for you. I have no doubt you are going to end up ruling the world someday, so save me a spot as some lowly servant. Have a blast on the road of life!
26. No matter how many miles away we are, I hope we’ll stay close. You’ve been one of my funniest friends and the very best partner-in-crime. Your new city is lucky to have you. Goodbye, just for now, and best of luck with everything.
27. May your life always be filled with good health and fortune, as you move on to something new. We hope that you are fortunate to have good luck. Goodbye to you. You will be thought of both often and lovingly.
28. The light from your spirit has always shone on your friends and family. When you have gone, the light no longer shines. We will miss your brightness and your ability to make even the rainiest of days feel like a ray of sunshine. Goodbye, and good luck. You will be missed.
29. May the endless kindness you have spread make its way back to you in your new beginning. You have always shown great generosity, warmth, and love. I do hope that as you walk along this new path, that others treat you with the same respect and compassion you have always shown. Best of luck in all you attempt, and goodbye for now.
30. A big change and a new beginning. I know you are up for the adventure and will do great. You are ready to spread your wings and see some new sights. All the best and good luck…but you won’t need it!
31. We have photographs and memories, love, and joy. I know we will meet again, and in the meantime, I will remember you fondly and remember the fun times we had. Good luck and farewell for now.
32. You’ve been a shining light in our lives since we met, and we’re sad to see you go. But what kind of friends would be we be if we didn’t wish you success and happiness? Go get ‘em, tiger. You don’t need luck. You’ve got this.
33. As I gaze at the shoreline, I will not think of the miles that part us. I will instead think of the way we have grown and how we will keep in touch. Good luck with all the future brings and goodbye.
34. I tried to do a “gratitude meditation” as an antidote to the sadness I feel about you leaving, but when I got to the part where I had to relax my muscles, well, I fell asleep. I’m too scared to try the “breath of fire” meditation. Anyway, I’m really going to miss you, [name], but I’m so happy you’re making this awesome change and can’t wait to hear all about it. Let’s talk soon!
35. We couldn’t say goodbye without also wishing you good luck with all the things you’ll be figuring out and getting used to. You deserve all the most wonderful things in life, and we know in our hearts that you will find it. All the best and good luck.
36. I can’t read the future, but I have a really good feeling about yours. Getting to know you has inspired me in my own life, and I know you will positively influence others in your upcoming journey. Best of luck in your future endeavors. You’re going to be great!
37. Lunch breaks just aren’t going to be the same without you. Knowing that you are pursuing your dreams makes it a little easier for me, but still, you are going to be seriously missed. I hope you find all the happiness you deserve and that it is even better than you thought it would be. Goodbye, my friend, and I hope to see you again.
38. So, you just up and leave and think you’re irreplaceable? Well, we are going to find someone cooler…so we don’t miss you so much! All joking aside, the sting of losing you is a little less painful because we are happy for you. You’re taking a great step forward, and after all, you only live once. We will never forget you.
39. [Game/Guys’/Girls’] nights are going to feel pretty empty without you, so wish us luck in finding your replacement. If you ever come back, we’ll kick them out and you can have your seat back in a heartbeat. Hope to see you again, and best of luck.
40. As the first bud breaks through the soil in spring, I will think of you. When the sun beats down on a summer day, and the breeze is gentle, I will think of you. When the leaves turn golden and drift to the ground in fall, I will think of you. When we all wrap up warm by the fire in winter, I will think of you. Although we no longer share the seasons together, I still share with you my heart. Best of luck and goodbye for now. Know that I think of you often.
41. One step at a time you have walked the most amazing path and this has led you onto this next great adventure. Goodbye and good luck with everything to come.
42. I have watched you grow and thrive. Now it is time for you to start your own story. May it be one filled with light and happiness. Good luck as you start writing your own future, and goodbye for now.
43. To our friend [name], we love to see you thriving during this upcoming move. May the journey lead you to light-hearted, laughter-filled days, many success stories, lucky breaks, and new connections. You’re a force to be reckoned with, so no matter what life throws at you – remember that!
44. Working with you has been a joy. Thanks for making the days seem short and sweet, [name]. You deserve all the upcoming success in the next chapter of your life. Goodbye and good luck.
45. Your determination has taken you to new heights. We know you can achieve anything you set your mind to and are so proud of you. As you climb the next peak, know we are supporting every step you take. Best of luck, and goodbye for now.
46. Such a creative and conscientious soul doesn’t come along often, so I’m not surprised someone stole you away from us. I’ll miss your energy around here, but I’m glad others can see how great you are. Goodbye for now and hope to see you soon.
47. You’re making me into an empty nester! You’re flying the coop and leaving this city. Things will not be the same without you, but we know you’ll fit right in and thrive in your new place. Goodbye and good luck, my friend. Thank you for the memories.
48. We all know goodbyes are hard, and everyone instead opts for a “see you later,” but how about we say, “see you soon”? Don’t be a stranger [name]. And no, we don’t mean Stranger Danger. We mean, we want you to come back and visit. So, see you soon!
49. I knew this moment was coming, but I didn’t realize it would be so bittersweet! I’m thankful for knowing you and sad to see you go. Go out and knock them dead. Just make sure to remember me when you’re famous. You will rock!
50. Without having a crystal ball, I can tell you that you are working towards some pretty amazing stuff. I can’t wait to see where this change leads you, and I’m happy you’re following your heart – best of luck!
Best Quotes for Your “Goodbye and Good Luck” Message for Future Endeavors
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
“We no longer live life. We consume it.”
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Live each day as if your life had just begun.”
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.”
Henry David Thoreau
“Live for each second without hesitation.”
“Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”
“Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.”
Martin H. Fischer
“Kid, you’ll move mountains! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!”
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
“Make each day your masterpiece.”
“Keep calm and carry on.”
Winston S. Churchill
“The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of life is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give.”
William Arthur Ward
“You have just one life to live. It is yours. Own it, claim it, live it, do the best you can with it.”
“Make your life a mission – not an intermission.”
Arnold H. Glasgow
“Live all you can; it’s a mistake not to.”
“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
“Never regret anything that made you smile.”
“Dance like there’s nobody watching, Love like you’ll never be hurt, Sing like there’s nobody listening, And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
William W. Purkey
“Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.”
“Life is lived on the edge.”
“Strive for greatness.”
“Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.”
“Don’t just survive. Shine.”
“The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.”
“Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved.”
“Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.”
“Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.”
“Time is long but life is short.”
“Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
“Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.”
“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”
“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
“Life is too important to be taken seriously.”
“See the world as it is, not as you wish it would be.”
“You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore.”
“Life is a lively process of becoming.”
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
“Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.”
“Don’t count the days, make the days count.”
“My life is my message.”
“Life is to enjoyed, not endured.”
“Do anything, but let it produce joy.”
“Find people who will make you better.”
“A secret to life: Know that none of this matters, and yet…live as if every single moment does.”
“When you cease to dream you cease to live.”
“Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
“May you live all the days of your life.”
“You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”
There are many instances when people need to say goodbye. It could be a fellow colleague who is moving to a new job or a friend relocating out of state. No matter the reasoning behind it, each individual must follow the path they choose for themselves.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.