Here are Christmas messages for friends to use or customize that will help inspire you with the right words to share.
1. Your friendship is a present that gives joy all year long. You have brought more beauty to my life than the most stunning Christmas decorations. As we celebrate this year, I hope that the love and laughter of family will be with you wherever you go. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
2. When I wish upon a star this Christmas, I wish for you. I wish that you spend the holidays happy and healthy, and that you get all of the gifts you deserve. Merry Christmas, and thank you for being a great friend.
3. All the stockings are lined up across the fireplace, and the scene is set for Santa to come. But I know the most special present for me this year is not under the tree, it’s having a friend like you. Merry Christmas.
4. The beauty of my Christmas tree fills my heart with joy and reminds me of our friendship. So, it is with a grateful heart that I wish you a Christmas season of pure happiness and fulfillment. Stay healthy now and throughout the coming year.
5. Is there anything better than looking around and seeing everything blanketed in fresh snow during Christmas? Well, there is one thing. Our friendship. You are so very special to me. May your Christmas be merry, snowy and bright.
6. The tree is up, and the stockings are hung. Beauty is everywhere, and your presence is in my heart. I am thinking of you and wishing we could celebrate together this year, but will be with you in spirit. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
7. This Christmas, let’s appreciate the little things. Hot chocolate on a snowy day, bright Christmas lights at night, and the time we get to spend together. Thank you for always making my day special. Merry Christmas!
8. Some people believe that the magic of Christmas disappears as we get older. Let’s turn back the clock and prove them wrong. Let’s enjoy Christmas through the eyes of a child, with wonder, delight and loads of fun. May your Christmas be everything you’ve ever dreamed of, and the most fun one yet!
9. Break out the holiday movies! Sing to your favorite Christmas carols! The twinkling lights, vibrant colors, and heaps of sugar-filled treats fill me with indescribable happiness, just like our friendship. You are absolutely the best. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
10. Christmas is the perfect time to acknowledge the magic in our lives. The magic in my life is that I met you! You are one in a million, and I thank my lucky stars that we crossed paths. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
11. Santa is coming to town! Deck the halls, hang the stockings with care, and all that jazz. I hope that your holidays are filled with your favorite traditions, with happiness, and with laughter in abundance. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
12. A friend like you is truly special all year round. At Christmastime, I want to tell you how extraordinary you are, how much you mean to me, and that I love you. A friendship like ours is to be treasured, now and always. Merry Christmas.
13. Thank you for giving me the gift of friendship this year. You’re my shoulder to cry on, my adventure buddy, my partner-in-crime. You, and our friendship, are priceless. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
14. Christmas is a time to reflect on the year that’s past and think about the future. A time for friendship and laughter, for love and companionship. Sharing this Christmas with you, my friend, is the most wonderful gift. Merry Christmas and all my best wishes for a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!
15. Just a little Christmas card to brighten your day and let you know I am thinking about you. There are garland and lights everywhere you go, turning our world into a winter wonderland. My sincerest wish is for you and your family to have a very Merry Christmas. I am thinking of you.
16. I am lucky you have time for me, because I just can’t think of anyone else I would rather spend Christmas with. You are the best friend someone could dream of, and sharing Christmas with you will be as extraordinary as our friendship. May it glisten and shine bright, for all to see. Merry Christmas.
17. All of my best memories from this year have been from times we’ve spent together. Thank you for always making my life brighter, especially at Christmastime. Let’s have fun and make more memories!
18. This Christmas, as I think of everything I am thankful for, you rise to the top of my list. I look at the tree and the twinkling lights, thinking about our special memories and the fun we have had. You mean the world to me. Merry Christmas.
19. Christmas is a time to cherish friends like you. You are always so kind, and I hope that kindness finds its way back to you this holiday season. May your Christmas be merry and bright, full of things and people who bring you joy.
20. The joy of Christmas is all around me, yet I find myself missing you, my friend. I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy because the most beautiful time of the year has arrived, and sad because we will not be spending it together. I wish you and your family an unbelievable, joy-filled Christmas!
21. Christmas is about spending time with family, and you are family to me. I can always count on you to be there for me, and I love you, unconditionally. Merry Christmas, and warmest wishes for a New Year that is badass in every way.
22. Every time Christmas comes around, I think of our friendship and how very precious it is. Merry Christmas, dear friend. May the treasure we share warm your heart this Christmas season and throughout the year to come.
23. The holidays are here! I couldn’t let the year go by without sending you a note to let you know that you are a very special person in my life. I appreciate all that you do for me and am eternally grateful for our bond. May your Christmas be absolutely delightful, and your New Year full of happiness and success!
24. Christmas has a warmth and love that nurtures our souls and draws us closer together. My wish for you, my friend, is that you will find Christmas full of miraculous things to satisfy your soul. With all my love, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
25. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my favorite person. Whether we’re next door or we’re far away, I know you will always be there for me. Have the best holiday season ever, and make sure it’s a little crazy because I’m going to call you to hear all about it!
26. A cup of hot cocoa, a toasty seat by the fire, and all my favorite carols playing softly in the background. I’m in my perfect Christmas happy place, thinking about how lucky I am to have you as a friend. Thank you for making my life merry and bright the whole year through! Merry Christmas.
27. You have always been that friend who excels at everything in life, that friend who has to be the best. This year, it looks like you topped Santa’s naughty list…a step too far. But Merry Christmas anyway!
28. Whether we’re in the middle of a snowball fight or spending quiet time by the fire, friends like you are the best part of Christmas. Happy Holidays to the best friend around!
29. Decorating the tree, wrapping gifts, and having your loved ones over for a holiday meal are all part of the beauty and splendor of Christmas. I hope that your holidays have more beauty and splendor than ever before, bringing you the immense, deep joy you deserve. I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
30. This time of year, I think of gifts I’ve received through the years. The most cherished gifts are not things at all, but people. You are a most cherished gift. You add light and love to my every moment, even when we are not together or texting. I am so very thankful for you. May your Christmas overflow with love.
31. From New Year’s Day to Christmas Eve, I’m so glad we get to spend this time together. Life would be boring without friends like you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
32. I send you my love and Christmas cheer from across the miles. Your friendship is a cherished gift, and I will be celebrating it this Christmas. I hope your home is full of love and laughter as you gather to rejoice during this most special time of the year.
33. You are as close to me as my own family, so naturally, I miss spending time with you this Christmas. You are in my thoughts as I reflect on how fortunate I am. May cheerfulness fill your home as you celebrate the most beautiful time of the year. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
34. When I think of all that I’m grateful for this Christmas, you are one of the first things on the list. You’re such a wonderful friend, and I can’t wait to celebrate the holidays together. Merry Christmas!
35. Each year, we seem to work so hard to plan and buy and prepare. In all the busyness, I hope you insist on making time to sleep a little longer, eat a little slower, and love a little longer. Treat yourself extra well this Christmas. Have an extraordinary holiday season.
36. There are an endless number of ways to wish someone well at Christmastime. My hope is that this card will express to you my deepest wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. Merry Christmas!
37. With each new day, Christmas brings a chance to share a little joy. If I could, I would bottle up all the glee and cheer of the season and give it to you. My wish for you is complete happiness, peace and a heart bursting with love this holiday season. Merry Christmas, dear friend.
38. Christmas, a time when you turn from fashion-forward to right on target, my fashionista friend. That Christmas outfit is really working for you. Merry Christmas!
39. Have yourself a merry little Christmas, and let your heart be light! At this time of year, we can take our cues from this wonderful Christmas classic. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may you find all of the joys of Christmas in the smallest of things.
40. One of the best things about this season is the feeling of being connected to those around you. Whether it be your family, friends, or the people in your community, I hope you have the chance to bond with the people you care about, making your holidays unforgettable. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
41. The hustle and bustle, the joy in the air, the sound of Christmas carols piping everywhere. There is no other time like it. And there is no other friend like you. You mean so much to me, and I am very fortunate to have you as my friend. Merry Christmas.
42. Let’s eat, drink, and be merry. Now that it is cold outside, we can stay indoors, creating warmth and new memories together. I am glad to have the chance to be with good friends during the holidays. Merry Christmas, and all the best for a New Year that is your best year yet.
43. There is an abundance of creativity and purpose in the air at this time of year. It is tangible, and we can see and feel it everywhere we go. This is the beauty of the season, the purpose behind it all. Merry Christmas to a great friend.
44. I know that you look forward to Christmas all year long, a time when you can plan a fabulous meal for the people you love and sing Christmas songs together. I hope your holidays are full of all the things you love most. Merry Christmas!
45. Promise me that from the day you receive this Christmas wish, you will do one spectacular thing each day to treat yourself. You deserve it. You are the best friend someone could have, and you have helped me in more ways than I can count. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
46. I am grateful for your friendship, always and even more at Christmastime. As I celebrate, I will be thinking of you with warmth in my heart, because I know you are always there for me. How good it feels to have a friend like you! Merry Christmas, my dearest friend.
47. With the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, time just seems to fly. Let’s create memories this Christmas to celebrate the beautiful friendship that we have. You are one-of-a-kind, and I don’t want to let this Christmas season go by without commemorating our extraordinary bond! Merry Christmas.
48. You do so much and are so many things to so many people. Dearest to my heart is that you are a phenomenal friend to me. I hope you take time away from helping others to truly relax and feel deep joy about the extraordinary person you are. May you enjoy the merriest of Christmases with you and yours.
49. At Christmas, I like to pause and reflect on all the beauty that Christmas brings to the world. It is a time of the year when all humanity seems to show a little more kindness to each other. Since you are the kindest person I know, I am very fortunate to call you my friend. I hope the goodness of Christmas overflows in your life, now and always.
50. The best presents are not found under a tree, but in our hearts. In my heart is where I hold our friendship, one of the most remarkable presents of my life. Thank you, from the depth of who I am. Merry Christmas to you and your family during this special Christmas season.
51. As I sit and watch my children playing, my mind returns to long ago when we played together at Christmas as best friends. All these years later, I am grateful we are still friends. Memories of your goodness and love fill my life as the best gift I have ever received. I wish you, my precious friend, an amazing Christmas and a New Year full of health and prosperity.
Best Quotes for Your Christmas Messages for Friends
“Christmas works like glue, it keeps us all sticking together.”
“It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
“‘Tis the season to be jolly!”
Deck the Halls
“Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.”
It’s a Wonderful Life
“Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.”
“The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things.”
Thomas S. Monson
“Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.”
Norman Vincent Peale
“The very purpose of Christ’s coming into the world was that He might offer up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of men. He came to die. This is the heart of Christmas.”
Rev. Billy Graham
“As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.”
“There are no strangers on Christmas Eve.”
“Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.”
“Christmas isn’t about candy canes or lights all aglow, it’s the hearts that we touch, and the care that we show.”
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
“Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.”
Helen Steiner Rice
“City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style, in the air there’s a feeling of Christmas.”
“Silver Bells” lyrics
“Christmas is not a myth, not a tradition, not a dream. It is a glorious reality.”
Rev. Billy Graham
“Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.”
“And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans—and all that lives and move upon them.”
“For they traveled by night and they slept by day, for their guide was a beautiful wonderful star.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world.”
“May the beautiful lights of every holiday season remind us of Him who is the source of all light.”
David A. Bednar
“You can’t allow the forces of political correction to shut you up. I mean, why are people afraid to say, ‘Merry Christmas?’ Give me a break. If people don’t like it, yeah, they can go do something else.”
“When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.”
“Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.”
“At its best, Christmas is a mirror in which we see reflected the very best life can be. Where we see ourselves moved by generosity, inspired by hope, and uplifted by love, not only for ourselves but for the whole evolving universe.”
“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
“Christmas Shopping: Wouldn’t it be wonderful to find one gift that you didn’t have to dust, that had to be used right away, that was practical, fit everyone, was personal and would be remembered for a long time? I penciled in ‘Gift certificate for a flu shot.’”
“Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.”
“Christmas is a holiday that we celebrate not as individuals nor as a nation, but as a human family.”
“Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.”
“The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.”
Henry David Thoreau
“At Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.”
“Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us – a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead.”
“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.”
“Ah! Dearest Jesus, Holy Child, Make thee a bed, soft, undefiled; Within my heart, that it may be, A quiet chamber kept for thee.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.”
Norman W. Brooks
“Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.”
“Good news from heaven the angels bring, Glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, To crown us with the joy of heaven.”
“Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It’s lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It’s higher thought and a greater plan. It’s glorious dream in the soul of man.”
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
“The Christmas spirit – love – changes hearts and lives.”
“A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year. These make a merry Christmas!”
John Greenleaf Whittier
“Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love.”
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
“Christmas is not an eternal event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.”
“Blessed is the season, which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.”
Hamilton Wright Mabi
“Let’s just say that on this day a million years ago, a dude was born who most of us think was magic. But others don’t, and that’s cool. But we’re probably right. Amen.”
“And so this is Christmas and what have you done, Another year over, a new one just begun, And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun, The near and the dear ones, the old and the young.”
John Lennon and Yoko Ono
“It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who’s around it.”
Charles M. Schulz
“Time was with most of us, when Christmas Day, encircling all our limited world like a magic ring, left nothing out for us to miss or seek; bound together all our home enjoyments, affections, and hopes; grouped everything and everyone round the Christ.”
“Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.”
Thomas S. Monson
In the United States, more than 3,000 greeting card publishers produce cards for the Christmas season. More than 15% of these are purchased by men, with 2 billion annual cards sent during Christmas. An estimated 50 million e-cards are sent each year, thanks to technology. The below infographic outlines additional interesting facts about Christmas cards.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.