Here are Christmas messages for friends to use or customize that will help inspire you with the right words to share.
1. Your friendship is a present that continuously gives joy throughout the year. You have brought more beauty to my life than the most stunning Christmas decorations. As we celebrate this year, I hope that the love and laughter of family will be with you wherever you go. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
2. When I wish upon a star this Christmas, I’m wishing for you. I wish that you spend the holidays safe and happy and that you get all of the love and gifts that you deserve. Merry Christmas, and thank you for being a great friend.
3. All the stockings line up across the fireplace, and the scene is set for Santa to visit. But I know the most special present for me this year is not under the tree, it’s having a friend like you. Merry Christmas.
4. The lights and shiny ornaments on my tree remind me of the beauty of Christmas. They fill my heart with joy and remind me of our friendship. So, it is with a grateful heart that I wish you a Christmas season of pure happiness and fulfillment. Merry Christmas, dear friend.
5. Is there anything better than looking around and seeing everything blanketed in fresh snow? It gives us the feeling of another world, one where anything is possible. If we are lucky, it happens on Christmas Eve, while everyone is snuggled up, waiting for Christmas Day to begin. Have a very Merry Christmas. May it be snowy and bright.
6. Christmas has finally arrived! The tree and decorations are up, but as I gather with family, the one thing I find missing is you, my friend. I wish we were not miles apart this year, but I assure you that you are close to my heart and always in my thoughts. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
7. This Christmas, let’s appreciate the little things. Hot chocolate on a snowy day, bright Christmas lights at night, and the time we get to spend together. Thank you for always making my days special. Merry Christmas!
8. Some people believe that the magic of Christmas goes away as we get older. Personally, I believe that we begin to see Christmas for what it truly is, a time of year in which we selflessly put others first and spend quality time with our friends and family. Merry Christmas, friend. May it be filled with all the wonders of the season.
9. Christmas is a time for friends like you. May the season be merry and bright, and your heart filled with love. You share your kindness with others always. I hope this holiday season, the kindness you share finds its way back to you.
10. Christmas is the perfect time to acknowledge the magic in our lives. You are one of those extraordinary people that you only meet once in a lifetime. I am forever happy that we crossed paths and became friends. Merry Christmas!
11. Santa is coming to town! Deck the halls, hang the stockings with care, and all that jazz. I hope that your holidays are filled with your favorite traditions, with happiness, and with laughter in abundance. Merry Christmas!
12. A friend like you is truly special all year round. At Christmas time, I’d like to take this opportunity to share how special you are, how much you mean to me, and how loved you are. A friendship like ours is to be cherished, at Christmas time, and always. Merry Christmas.
13. Thank you for giving me the gift of friendship this year. You’re my shoulder to cry on, my adventure buddy, my partner-in-crime. You, and our friendship, are priceless. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
14. Christmas is a time to reflect on the year that’s past and think about the future. A time for friendship and laughter, for love and companionship. Sharing this Christmas with you, my friend, is the most wonderful gift. Merry Christmas and all my best wishes for a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!
15. Just a little Christmas card to brighten your day and let you know I am thinking about you. There are garlands and lights everywhere you go, turning our world into a winter wonderland. My sincerest wish is for you and your family to have a very Merry Christmas, my dear friend. I am thinking of you.
16. I couldn’t think of anyone else I would rather have by my side this festive period. I look forward to sharing the season with you. Where we can look back on our year and share our hopes for the future. I’m sure this Christmas will be as wondrous and magical as our friendship. May it glisten and shine bright, for all to see. Merry Christmas.
17. All of my best memories from this year have been from times we’ve spent together. Thank you for always making life just a little bit brighter, especially at Christmastime. Let’s make more memories this Christmas!
18. At Christmastime, I am reminded of all in my life that I am deeply thankful for, and a friendship like ours is one of those things. As I look at the tree and the twinkling lights, I think of the special memories we have shared at Christmases gone by. Merry Christmas, dear friend. I can’t wait to celebrate another one with you.
19. I cannot wait to break out the holiday movies or sing the best Christmas carols! I know you will agree, Christmas is a wonderfully exciting time of year. All the twinkling lights, the vibrant colors, and yummy smells. It fills me with indescribable happiness, just like our friendship. Merry Christmas, my dear friend. You are the best!
20. The joy of Christmas is all around me, yet I find myself missing you, my friend. I am happy and sad at the same time. Glad because the most beautiful time of the year has arrived, and sad because we will not be spending it together this year. I wish you and your family an unbelievable, joy-filled Christmas!
21. My dearest friend, Christmas is about spending time with family, and you are family to me. I can always count on you to be there for me, and I love you, unconditionally. Merry Christmas.
22. We celebrated our Christmases together as children and looked on with magic and wonder in our eyes. Now we are grown and create the magic and wonder for our own families. Every time this festive season comes around, I think of the two of us, two children fascinated by Christmas. Merry Christmas, my old friend. May it be filled with the magic of our childhood.
23. The holidays are upon us! Christmas brings many amazing things. It is a time of delights and good cheer, wishing goodwill to all. A time to stop and build a snowman or give a little gift to your neighbor just to see the smile it puts on their face. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
24. Christmas is a beautiful time to remember our friends and family. It has a warmth and love that nurtures our souls and draws us closer together. My wish for you, my friend, is that you will find Christmas full of miraculous things to satisfy your soul. With all my love, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
25. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my favorite person. Whether we’re neighbors or we’re far away, I can always count on you. Here’s to a great holiday season near and far.
26. Sending festive warm wishes to you, my friend, at Christmas. Hoping the season brings you everything you deserve and more at Christmas and the New Year.
27. You have always been that friend who excels at everything in life, that friend who has to be the best. This year, it looks like you topped Santa’s naughty list…a step too far. But Merry Christmas anyway!
28. Whether we’re in the middle of a snowball fight or spending quiet time by the fire, friends like you are the best part of Christmas. Happy Holidays to the best friend around!
29. Traditions such as trimming the tree, wrapping gifts, and having your loved ones over for a holiday meal are wonderful ways we show others how much they mean to us. I hope that your holidays are filled with the company of loved ones. A very Merry Christmas, my friend!
30. When the warmth of Christmas fills my heart, my mind turns to thoughts of the beautiful gifts I possess. The most cherished gifts in my life are people like you, my friend. You add light to my existence, and I am very thankful to have you in my life. May your Christmas be overflowing with love.
31. From New Year’s Day to Christmas Eve, I’m so glad we get to spend these years together. Life would be boring and dreary without friends like you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
32. I send you my love and Christmas cheer from across the miles. Your friendship is a cherished gift, and I will be celebrating it this Christmas. I hope your home is full of love and laughter as you gather to rejoice in this most special time of the year.
33. When I think of all that I’m grateful for this Christmas, you are one of the first things on the list. You’re such a wonderful friend, and I can’t wait to celebrate the holidays together. Merry Christmas!
34. My dear friend, you are as close to me as family, so naturally, I would be missing you at Christmas. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas celebration. You will all be in my thoughts as I reflect on how I have been so fortunate in my life. May cheerfulness fill your home as you celebrate the most beautiful time of the year. Merry Christmas.
35. Each year, we aim to have the perfect Christmas, a sort of gift to ourselves and others. We give it our all, doing things with careful attention to detail, ever-optimistic that everything will be just as we imagined it. Merry Christmas, and may it be everything you wished for!
36. There are an endless number of ways to wish someone well at Christmastime. My hope is that this card will express to you my deepest wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. Merry Christmas!
37. December arrives and brings with it all the pleasures of the holiday season. For some, it is the most wonderful time of the year. The hustle and bustle are unique, found in no other holiday. With each new day, we are given the opportunity to share a little joy. I would like to sincerely wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas!
38. Christmas, a time when you turn from fashion-forward to right on target, my fashionista friend. That Christmas outfit is really working for you. Merry Christmas!
39. Have yourself a merry little Christmas, and let your heart be light! At this time of year, we can take our cues from this wonderful Christmas classic. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may you find all of the joys of Christmas in the smallest of things.
40. One of the best things about this season is the feeling of being connected to those around you. Whether it be your family, friends, or the people in your community, I hope you have the chance to bond with the people you care about, making your holidays unforgettable. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
41. At Christmas, each of us becomes a little more patient than normal, understanding that through the year, we have each had our own unique set of challenges and experiences. If we can, we try to be charitable, without expecting anything in return. This is what makes this season so exceptional. Merry Christmas to my dear friend.
42. Let’s eat, drink, and be merry. Now that it is cold outside, we can stay indoors, creating warmth and new memories together. I am glad to have the chance to be with good friends during the holidays. Merry Christmas, and all the best for a New Year that is your best year yet.
43. There is an abundance of creativity and purpose in the air at this time of year. It is tangible, and we can see and feel it everywhere we go. This is the beauty of the season, the purpose behind it all. Merry Christmas to a great friend.
44. I know that you look forward to Christmas all year long, a time when you can plan a fabulous meal for the people you love and sing Christmas songs together. I hope your holidays are full of all the things you love most. Merry Christmas!
45. It is so rewarding to put others before ourselves, thinking about all the things the people in our lives enjoy. Carefully picking out the perfect gifts, wrapping them meticulously, and watching the receiver open it up. It is truly the best gift of all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
46. I am grateful for the people I am lucky enough to know, and never more so than at Christmastime. I always look forward to sharing the holidays, especially knowing just how special this time of year is. Merry Christmas!
47. Special activities with others, shared meals, and decorations that create the unique image of Christmas that each of us has. The holidays are a time when we create memories that will carry us into the new year, full of happiness and warmth. Merry Christmas to you. Let the celebration begin!
48. At this time of year, we do things carefully, knowing that we have almost completed the year and that the holidays may be fleeting. We carefully craft the perfect holiday in celebration of all that we have accomplished. We carefully chose the presents for our loved ones. We carefully review our lists to make sure everything is done. In the midst of all this, I hope you can relax and enjoy the merriest of Christmases with you and yours.
49. At Christmas, I like to pause and reflect on all the beauty that Christmas brings to the world. It is a truly special time of the year when all humanity seems to show a little more kindness to each other. Since you are the kindest person I know, I am very lucky to call you my friend. I hope the goodness of Christmas overflows in your life always. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
50. There are presents beneath my tree this Christmas, but I think friends and family are the best gifts. My year has been challenging in many ways, which has helped me appreciate our friendship even more. Our friendship is a remarkable present, and I celebrate it with great joy. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
51. As I sit and watch my children playing, my mind returns to long ago when we played together at Christmas as best friends. All these years later, I am grateful we are still friends. Memories of your goodness and love fill my life as the best gift I have ever received. I wish you, my precious friend, an amazing Christmas and a New Year full of all the successes of your dreams.
Best Quotes for Your Christmas Messages for Friends
“Christmas works like glue, it keeps us all sticking together.”
“It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
“‘Tis the season to be jolly!”
Deck the Halls
“Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.”
It’s a Wonderful Life
“Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.”
“The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things.”
Thomas S. Monson
“Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.”
Norman Vincent Peale
“The very purpose of Christ’s coming into the world was that He might offer up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of men. He came to die. This is the heart of Christmas.”
Rev. Billy Graham
“As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.”
“There are no strangers on Christmas Eve.”
“Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.”
“Christmas isn’t about candy canes or lights all aglow, it’s the hearts that we touch, and the care that we show.”
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
“Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.”
Helen Steiner Rice
“City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style, in the air there’s a feeling of Christmas.”
“Silver Bells” lyrics
“Christmas is not a myth, not a tradition, not a dream. It is a glorious reality.”
Rev. Billy Graham
“Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.”
“And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans—and all that lives and move upon them.”
“For they traveled by night and they slept by day, for their guide was a beautiful wonderful star.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world.”
“May the beautiful lights of every holiday season remind us of Him who is the source of all light.”
David A. Bednar
“You can’t allow the forces of political correction to shut you up. I mean, why are people afraid to say, ‘Merry Christmas?’ Give me a break. If people don’t like it, yeah, they can go do something else.”
“When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.”
“Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.”
“At its best, Christmas is a mirror in which we see reflected the very best life can be. Where we see ourselves moved by generosity, inspired by hope, and uplifted by love, not only for ourselves but for the whole evolving universe.”
“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
“Christmas Shopping: Wouldn’t it be wonderful to find one gift that you didn’t have to dust, that had to be used right away, that was practical, fit everyone, was personal and would be remembered for a long time? I penciled in ‘Gift certificate for a flu shot.’”
“Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.”
“Christmas is a holiday that we celebrate not as individuals nor as a nation, but as a human family.”
“Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.”
“The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.”
Henry David Thoreau
“At Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.”
“Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us – a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead.”
“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.”
“Ah! Dearest Jesus, Holy Child, Make thee a bed, soft, undefiled; Within my heart, that it may be, A quiet chamber kept for thee.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.”
Norman W. Brooks
“Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.”
“Good news from heaven the angels bring, Glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, To crown us with the joy of heaven.”
“Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It’s lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It’s higher thought and a greater plan. It’s glorious dream in the soul of man.”
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
“The Christmas spirit – love – changes hearts and lives.”
“A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year. These make a merry Christmas!”
John Greenleaf Whittier
“Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love.”
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
“Christmas is not an eternal event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.”
“Blessed is the season, which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.”
Hamilton Wright Mabi
“Let’s just say that on this day a million years ago, a dude was born who most of us think was magic. But others don’t, and that’s cool. But we’re probably right. Amen.”
“And so this is Christmas and what have you done, Another year over, a new one just begun, And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun, The near and the dear ones, the old and the young.”
John Lennon and Yoko Ono
“It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who’s around it.”
Charles M. Schulz
“Time was with most of us, when Christmas Day, encircling all our limited world like a magic ring, left nothing out for us to miss or seek; bound together all our home enjoyments, affections, and hopes; grouped everything and everyone round the Christ.”
“Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.”
Thomas S. Monson
In the United States, more than 3,000 greeting card publishers produce cards for the Christmas season. More than 15% of these are purchased by men, with 2 billion annual cards sent during Christmas. An estimated 50 million e-cards are sent each year, thanks to technology. The below infographic outlines additional interesting facts about Christmas cards.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.