Baptisms are joyous occasions, and it can be hard to find the right words. Here are the best baptism card messages, addressed to the parents, to the child, and further down to an adult getting baptized.
1. On this special day, precious [child’s name], we celebrate this act of faith and your discipleship. May you have a lifetime of blessings, faith, hope and love. Congratulations, dear [child’s name].
2. Dear [child’s name], welcome into the Church. Today marks the beginning of your new and fresh life committed to Christ. Congratulations on this holy day, and may you be filled with love and peace from the Holy Spirit.
3. Thank you for inviting me to witness the baptism of your beautiful little angel. May God bless [child’s name] always and grant [him/her] strength and health in [his/her] life’s journey.
4. Your baby is such a precious addition to your family, and I know how happy you must all be with [his/her] arrival. Thank you for allowing me to witness the giving of your beautiful child to God through [his/her] baptism.
5. Joy and peace on this monumental day! May you always feel God’s presence, during the good times and through the bad times. Know that God’s comforting love will encircle you, lifting you up and guiding your way. Congratulations.
6. Wishing your whole family love, happiness, and blessings, now and always. May your child’s faith remain pure and steadfast throughout [his/her] whole life. Congratulations on [child’s name]’s baptism.
7. As you present your child to God on this momentous and holy occasion, may God’s love shine down upon you all and light your path to guide every day in your walk with Jesus. I pray that your hearts will always be full of the Creator’s love. Congratulations on [child’s name]’s baptism.
8. Many blessings to you on this exciting occasion, lovely [child’s name]. As you grow and evolve, remember always that God is watching over you and lighting your way. Even when you become an adult, know that you will always remain a child of God. Congratulations on your baptism.
9. Congratulations on [child’s name]’s baptism. I am so grateful to be a part of this special day for your cherished little one. May [his/her] baptismal day be the start of a long and blessed life for your child. Much love to you all.
10. This is a day of devotion and blessings for you, sweet little cherub. I hope that you always feel the love of your family, friends, and the Holy Spirit in your heart and mind.
11. The innocence and beauty of a baby are lovely to experience. It moves me to be a part of this cherished baptismal day as you entrust [child’s name] into God’s hands. Thank you for inviting me, and God bless your family.
12. May the Almighty God fill you with comfort and joy, sweet [child’s name]. Rest your head each night with the thought of a life filled with a connection to our Savior and membership in God’s family. Congratulations.
13. You are both amazing parents, and it is easy to see how much you love your baby. Congratulations on the decision to entrust [him/her] into God’s care. I can think of no better thing you could do for [his/her] future. Best wishes for all the days to come!
14. Baptism is an indication of your faith and devotion to Jesus, and today, [child’s/adult’s name], you will truly feel his all-encompassing love and friendship. Congratulations on becoming of member of the Church.
15. What a delight it will be to take part in this beautiful baptismal day with you and [child’s name]. I am very grateful to be able to witness your love and dedication as you trust God for [his/her] care. May this day be a milestone in your child’s life that is always special to you.
16. Congratulations on your special baptismal day, darling [child’s name]. You are God’s special gift not only to your family, but to the world and to God’s kingdom. May your dedication and bond to our Savior be everlasting.
17. I am sending my best wishes on this important baptismal day for you and your baby. I hope [his/her] baptism marks a long life of spiritual love in your family. It is with all my love that I congratulate you on this sacred day.
18. God bless you, [child’s/adult’s name], on this holy occasion of your baptism. May the Lord look down upon you with gentleness and generosity, and may you cherish and honor his love, now and for eternity.
19. The purity and innocence of a child is a beautiful gift from above. I celebrate your precious gift with you today as you trust God with [his/her] care. Happy baptism day, precious [child’s name]!
20. It is in God’s grace and in God’s image that you have honored us with your presence, my dearest [child’s name]. I hope you will cherish Jesus in your heart, forever and always. Congratulations on getting baptized into Christ’s church.
21. I am sending all my love and best wishes to you and [child’s name] on this special baptismal day. I know how important this day is, and I am so happy to celebrate it with you. God bless you and grant you joy in your life ahead!
22. God’s plan will lead you down a path of joy and fulfillment, and this day will mark the first of many cherished moments and memories you will share with your loved ones. Congratulations on your baptism, sweet [child’s name].
23. Congratulations, little [child’s name], on this sacred milestone. Wishing you and your entire family a memorable day that is the beginning of a lifetime walk with Jesus. Lots of love.
24. Congratulations on this milestone in [child’s name]’s spiritual life, and may God in his infinite mercy bless [child’s name] and cause his blessings to shine on your child today and always.
25. I am so excited to join with you to celebrate your baptism, [child’s name]. We wish you a lifetime of love, faith, and fulfillment in all that you want to be and in who you will become.
26. On this day, as we participate in the beautiful ceremony of your child’s baptism, I want to take a moment to express my love and best wishes for you and [child’s name]. Congratulations on this holy milestone!
27. I am sending you my sincerest and warmest wishes on the baptism of your little lamb, [child’s name]. The world is surely a better and brighter place with [child’s name] having been born into it. Congratulations on [his/her] baptism.
28. On this special day of your baby’s baptism, I am sending you all of my love and best wishes. Thank you for allowing me to participate in such a moving ceremony. God bless you.
29. Blessings on this beautiful milestone in your child’s life! I pray that [child’s name] grows with Jesus in [his/her] heart and God in [his/her] intentions. Congratulations to you and your family.
30. Dear [child’s/adult’s name], may God’s grace and blessings that you receive on this baptismal date guide you throughout your life. Congratulations on joining the Church and becoming part of the fellowship of believers.
31. God bless [child’s name] on this important milestone. May [his/her] heart and soul be cleansed by holy water and may [his/her] thoughts and intentions remain pure. Wishing your entire family the very best on this holy occasion of [child’s name]’s baptism.
32. We are so happy that God has touched your life and has saved you by his grace. Now being baptized in his name and walking in his ways, we pray that you will come to know what God has planned for you. Congratulations on your baptism.
33. We are truly humbled to be able to attend your [son’s/daughter’s] baptism. We pray [he/she] will grow and blossom in God’s healing light and always feels the warm embrace of our Lord.
34. [Child’s name/adult’s name], we’re all really excited about your baptism and being able to witness this momentous day. May this special occasion be one that is cherished by all, and that creates lasting memories. All the best and with lots of love.
35. Congratulations on the beginning of your child’s lifelong relationship with the Lord and Savior. This is [his/her] first steps on the exciting new journey of [his/her] devotion to God. God bless your family on this holy occasion of [child’s name]’s baptism.
36. Dear [child’s name], child of God, we wish you many blessings from above on your baptism. May your baptismal day be filled with peace and love and be the first of many days growing stronger in Jesus Christ. Congratulations.
37. Congratulations to [child’s name] on this sacred baptismal day. God loves all his children, and, on this momentous occasion, your child will embark on a path of righteousness and virtue, fulfilling God’s special plan.
38. May you feel God smiling upon you on your baptismal day and all the days of your life. May you come to know all the blessings of God’s gentle love as you grow to know him deeper, day by day. Congratulations on your baptism, [child’s/adult’s name].
39. Dear [child’s/adult’s name], you were brought into the world, into a loving family, and now into God’s embrace. Let the road ahead be as steady as the foundations of its beginning. Congratulations on your baptism.
40. Dearest [child’s/adult’s name], congratulations on the sacramental milestone of your baptism! May you feel God’s love and warm embrace all the days of your life. We wish you and your family many blessings in all the years to come.
41. As God’s holy water is sprinkled on [child’s name] today, may it mark a beautiful beginning of a fruitful and spiritual filled life for your child. Congratulations to the entire family on [his/her baptism].
42. [Child’s/adult’s name], may your baptism mark the start of a lifetime journey with the Lord, bringing you deep spiritual joy as you grow ever closer to knowing our Savior. May the Holy Spirit bless you and your family always. Congratulations on this sacred milestone.
43. On this memorable occasion, we gather to celebrate the baptism of your [son/daughter] in the benevolent presence of our Lord. I am thankful knowing that God’s guidance will always lead [child’s name]’s way with kindness and compassion. Congratulations.
44. Dear [adult’s name], congratulations on getting baptized! It’s a big day that you’ll remember for the rest of your life. May the occasion be filled with happiness and joy for you and all of your family.
45. Being baptized is no small thing because it is a public declaration of your belief and faith in the Lord. [Adult’s name], I am so proud of you and send you my most excited congratulations.
46. Congratulations on your baptism, [child’s name/adult’s name]! May your walk with the Lord be every bit as refreshed and renewed as you were when you came up out of that cleansing water.
47. [Adult’s name], if baptism meant nothing and was merely for show, the Lord wouldn’t have called us to do it. Congratulations on your baptism, and for being the beneficiary of fulfilling the Lord’s word.
48. [Adult’s name], most people don’t realize how big of a day one’s baptism is until they go through with it. Congratulations on your big day!
49. [Adult’s name], congratulations on your recent baptism! May it be fuel to your faith and surety in your step as you face uncertainty in the world throughout your life.
50. [Adult’s name], may your baptism create many fond memories, great pictures, and long-lasting blessings that you’d not even have considered. May the Lord bless you for being obedient to his call. Congratulations on your baptism.
51. [Adult’s name], it takes a special type of person to go through all of the steps required to get baptized. It is truly inspirational, and I congratulate you for doing so.
52. [Adult’s name], on the day of your baptism, remember all of the things that you’ve gone through. Then afterward, look ahead to all of the things that you get to enjoy in God’s good graces. Congratulations on becoming a member of the best family there is!
53. [Child’s name/adult’s name], we are all so very proud of you on this sacred milestone. Your baptism is a day to be cherished for years to come, and you’ll most certainly be blessed by it. Congratulations.
Best Quotes for a Baptism Card
“Baptism is an outward expression of an inward faith.”
“At Baptism, I received grace — that quality that makes me share in the very nature of God.”
“Baptism is not only a sacrament of our union with Christ; it is also a sacrament of our communion as the body of Christ.”
“All of us who desire the kingdom of God are, by the Lord’s decree, under an equal and rigorous necessity of seeking after the grace of Baptism.”
“Baptism is the gate through which all must enter to accomplish the Lord’s desire to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.”
Bruce R. McConkie
“We bring them Lord, in thankful hands, And yielding them up to Thee; Joyful that we ourselves are Thine, Thine let our off-spring be.”
John H. Gower
“God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them.”
John H. Aughey
“Baptism is faith in action.”
“Baptism with water is the sign and seal of baptism with the Spirit, as much as it is of the forgiveness of sins. Water-baptism is the initiatory Christian rite, because Spirit-baptism is the initiatory Christian experience.”
“In order to live a life of holiness, we must first receive new life from God — we must be born from above.”
J. Vernon McGee
“Indeed, baptism is a vow, a sacred vow of the believer to follow Christ. Just as a wedding celebrates the fusion of two hearts, baptism celebrates the union of sinner with Savior.”
“The Church does not dispense the sacrament of baptism in order to acquire for herself an increase in membership but in order to consecrate a human being to God and to communicate to that person the divine gift of birth from God.”
Hans Urs von Balthasar
“Baptism is the door of the spiritual life and the gateway to the sacraments.”
“Living in the present moment is the recurring baptism of the soul, forever purifying every new day with a new you.”
“A man who knows that he is saved by believing in Christ does not, when he is baptized, lift his baptism into a saving ordinance. In fact, he is the very best protester against that mistake, because he holds that he has no right to be baptized until he is saved.”
“When we were baptized we took upon us not only the name of Christ, but also the law of obedience.”
Robert D. Hales
“Baptism in the Holy Spirit belongs to them that believe and are not of this world.”
“Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility.”
Kate Douglas Wiggins
“It takes a lot of courage, to be baptized in his name, to die to the old self and be forever change. May God bless your life for stepping out for him, proclaiming unto others the faith you have within.”
“Baptism is the sacrament of allegiance of them that are to be received into the Kingdom of God, that is to say, into Eternal life, that is to say, to Remission of Sin. For as Eternal life was lost by the committing, so it is recovered by the remitting of men’s sins.”
“Baptism is the initial step of a faithful heart.”
“There are two sides to this Baptism: The first is, you possess the Spirit; The second is that the Spirit possesses you.”
“For that purpose Christ instituted holy baptism, thereby to clothe you with his righteousness. It is tantamount to his saying, My righteousness shall be your righteousness; my innocence, your innocence. Your sins indeed are great, but by baptism I bestow on you my righteousness; I strip death from you and clothe you with my life.”
“God’s people should be baptized because God commanded it, not because some church requires it.”
John R. Rice
“If you accept the belief that baptism incorporates us in the mystical body of Christ, into the divine DNA, then you might say that the Holy Spirit is present in each of us, and thus we have the capacity for the fullness of redemption, of transformation.”
Best Bible Verses for a Baptism Card
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Do not marvel that I said to you, “You must be born again.”
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
1 Corinthians 12:13
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body — Jews or Greeks, slaves or free — and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.
1 Peter 3:21
Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”
Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
Having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit.
And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him.
John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
There is one body and one Spirit — just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call — one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance[a] upon you and give you peace.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”
And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, “John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.
A big part of having successful religious instruction is being part of a good ministry. A common sign of a misguided church ministry is when the ministry focuses on getting new members and neglects its current members. When there is too little accountability from the church leaders, it can also hinder delivering God’s word. Another problem occurs when church leaders take their focus off of teaching directly from the Bible and instead turn their time into entertainment or storytime. The below infographic lists the most common signs of a bad ministry and the types of behaviors that help you identify them.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.