Who uses social media more frequently, men or women? If you don’t know, it’s probable that the answer is going to surprise you. The other thing you’re going to want to understand is that when it comes to the question of men, women, and social media activity, the answer isn’t quite as simple as you might think.
Who Uses Social Media More? Men or Women?
In order to accurately answer the question of social media usage amongst men and women, there are a few things that you’re going to need to keep in mind:
1. Seventy-four percent of internet users are currently using social media.
2. 76% of the women currently using the internet are also using social media.
3. 72% of the men currently using the internet are also using social media.
4. Women are more likely to use social media to stay in contact with friends than men are.
5.39% of the men who access the internet are doing so through their mobile device. By comparison, a whopping 69% of the women who access the internet are doing so through their mobile device.
6. Currently, 71% of internet users are using the social media giant Facebook. In terms of men, women, and social media usage, this translates to 66% of the men who are internet users, and 76% of the women who are internet users.
7. Men have an average of 254 posts on Facebook. Women have an average of 394. The above figure means that women have 55% more posts on their wall than men.
8. Women also tend to have more friends on Facebook than men do. Women have roughly eight percent more friends on Facebook than men.
9. A stunning 69% of female Facebook users are playing games. By comparison, only 31% of the men on Facebook are playing games.
10. A little under 20% of those who are currently using the internet are Twitter users.
11. 15% of male internet users are using Twitter. 22% of female internet users are using Twitter. This means that over forty million more women visit Twitter than men.
12. Women also leap ahead of the guys on Instagram. 15% of male internet users are using Instagram, but 20% of female internet users are using it, too.
13. In terms of specific brands, Red Bull, Monster, and the NFL are all significantly more popular with men on social media than with women.
14. 33% of female internet users are on Pinterest. Only 8% of the guys have accounts.
Clearly, some interesting differences between genders.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers