Beer Brewing Industry Growth and Statistics
The beer brewing industry has been the fastest growing segment of beer in recent years through increasing revenue, market growth, and job growth. Recent statistics provided released by the Brewers Association outline industry growth and total US brewery statistics.
2012 Craft Brewing Industry Growth
1. Retail value: $10.2 Billion
2. Jobs: 108,440
3. Volume industry growth: 15%
4. Revenue growth: 17%
5. Barrels sold: 13,235,917
6. Volume in shares sold: 6.5%
7. Increase in dollars of sales share: 10.2%
8. Regional operating craft breweries: 97
9. Total operating craft breweries: 2,347
United States Total Brewery Industry
10. Total US beer market: $99 Billion
11. Overall beer sales increase from last year: +0.9%
12. Imported beer: +1%
13. Barrels sold: 200,028,520
14. Barrels imported: 27,712,665
15. Total operating breweries in US: 2,403 (highest since 1880s)
Top 5 States for Craft Breweries
A listing of the top 5 states with the most craft breweries in the United States as published by The New Yorker.
16. Califoria – 316 breweries.
17. Washington – 158 breweries.
18. Colorado – 151 breweries.
19. Oregon – 140 breweries.
20. Michigan – 122 breweries.
Highest Growth States by Percentage
Michigan – 20%
Pennsylvania – 21%
New York – 22%
North Carolina – 23%
Texas – 23%
5 Largest Breweries in the United States
A listing of the top 5 largest breweries and current production in the United States industry.
21. Boston Beer Co. (Samuel Adams) – 2,125,000
22. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – 966,007
23. New Belgium Brewing Co. – 764,741
24. The Gambrinus Co. (Shiner) – 605,896
25. Deschutes Brewery – 255,093
5 Fastest Growing Brands for Craft
26. Dales Pale Ale
27. Lagunitas India Pale Ale
30. Shiner Light
Overall Beverage Alcohol Market
Released by the Demeter Group Investment Bank is a comparison of the beer industry to the overall beverage and alcohol market in different categories.
31. Market Share
32. Absolute Growth
33. Supplier Share
The Chemistry Behind Boston’s Sam Adams Brewery
An explanation of the four primary components of chemistry that goes into crafting Boston’s infamous Sam Adams Beer.
Snapshot of Beer Movement
The independent beer movement has caused craft brewing to see significant market increases in recent years. Three different qualities of craft brewing exist from small to traditional and independent. These small breweries have become a primary driver in industry growth.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.