Here are some great Thanksgiving messages to friends to use to let them know you care.
1. Friendship plays such an essential part of our lives, but we rarely take the time to express how important our friends are to us. This Thanksgiving, I want to tell you how grateful I am for your friendship. You are the kindest and most generous person I know. Gratitude is a natural response from those who are lucky enough to have you in their lives. I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving!
2. I am full of gratitude for the friendship you have shared with me over the years. May we be thankful all through the year. Happy Thanksgiving.
3. Four hours for the turkey, two hours for the pie, and another three hours for the green bean casserole. Thanksgiving is all about hard work and using your time wisely. That’s why it’ll take me a thousand hours to lose the Thanksgiving weight! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend!
4. Thanksgiving is a timely reminder to pause and give thanks for the many beautiful things we have in our lives. I feel incredibly fortunate to have you as my friend. Since Thanksgiving is the time to honor those we care deeply for, I pause to voice my gratitude for you, my friend. I hope that your day is full of food and laughter, as you gather with those that love you. Happy Thanksgiving.
5. This year has been full of ups and downs. We’ve stood together on the peaks of high mountains, and the depths of low valleys. I’m so thankful to have been there with you for those times. Happy Thanksgiving!
6. Brightly colored leaves, an ornately laid out table filled with favorites, and the company of those we care about. This year, I am thankful for the opportunities to connect that this holiday brings. Hoping that your Thanksgiving brings all this and more.
7. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family! May your day be full of love and laughter as you come together to celebrate your gratitude for each other. Your friendship is like a shining jewel in my life, cherished and well-guarded. So, be sure that as I gather with family for our celebration, I will speak your name as I list all the reasons I have to be grateful. Thank you for being my friend.
8. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. You know how passionate I am about football: sweaty, attractive men rolling around on the grass together. There’s nobody I’d rather share these moments with than you! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend!
9. I’m not thankful for material things this year: not new clothes, not electronics, not evenings out for dinner. None of that matters when I have friends like you to make life feel extraordinary. Happy Thanksgiving.
10. Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful friend. Wishing you all the joys of the season, including warmth when it is cold, support when it is needed, and the opportunity to stop and give thanks.
11. Thanksgiving is full of beautiful memories spent with our families. Our friendship has been close like family, but better. We can’t choose which family we are born into, but we choose who walks along life’s journey with us. Those we choose are called friends, but they should be called our chosen family. So, this Thanksgiving, my friend, you are part of my family. I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving!
12. When we think about the Thanksgiving holiday, thoughts of turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie fill our minds. However, as Thanksgiving draws near, my mind is filled with a year of reasons to be grateful. I am truly fortunate because I always have a long list. So, as I express my gratitude this year, I want you to know that I will speak your name. I hope the love and faithfulness you have shown me will be poured back out on you in abundance in the coming year. Happy Thanksgiving, friend!
13. Happy Thanksgiving! This year, as we stuff ourselves with food and watch the parade on TV, I want you to remember one thing: I’ll be mad at you if you don’t trample somebody to get me a cheap TV on Black Friday. Luv ya!
14. I am sending you Thanksgiving wishes this year from many miles away. You are an incredible friend, and I wish I could see you to tell you how important you are to me. Your strength and integrity have always inspired me to be a better person. I hope that your Thanksgiving is filled with fun and laughter as you gather with all of those who you hold dear. Happy Thanksgiving.
15. To my best friend: you’re sweeter than pumpkin pie, sweet potato casserole, and apple cider all combined! I am the luckiest person in the world to have someone as delightful as you to celebrate Thanksgiving with. Happy Thanksgiving!
16. Happy Thanksgiving to my friends I hold so dear. May all the delightful attributes of the season be with you, a house filled with the delicious smells of your favorite foods, the Macy’s parade on television, and great conversations around the table.
17. The season of Thanksgiving brings with it so many beautiful memories. Really, who would not want to celebrate abundance and gratitude? I think it is healthy for us to reflect on the wonderful things in our lives. Friendship is something we should cherish. It is rare to find a true friend, so I count myself highly favored to have found you. I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving as you celebrate the abundance I see in your own life. Happy Thanksgiving.
18. Promise me something on this special Thanksgiving: if you die in the Black Friday stampede, I’ll get to be the one to inherit your leftovers. Promise? Happy Thanksgiving!
19. This Thanksgiving, I’m not only thankful for the turkey on the table and the autumn leaves falling outside. I’m thankful to have a friend like you. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend.
20. On this exceptional day, it is important to stop for a moment and think about the good things we are lucky to have. Above all, I am thankful for my friends, without whom I would be lost. Happy Thanksgiving.
21. Christmas is about presents. Easter is about chocolate. Valentine’s Day is about, well…nevermind. But Thanksgiving isn’t just about turkey: it’s about appreciating friends like you! Happy Thanksgiving!
22. They say that Thanksgiving is the one day where we can gorge ourselves on food, go to sleep at eight in the evening, and ignore our family when they talk…But with a friend like you, we do it every day. Happy Thanksgiving!
23. I could say thank you a million times, and nothing would be able to capture the gratitude I feel because I have you as a friend. You’re someone I can goof around with, but also talk to all night until the sun rises. Happy Thanksgiving to one of the best friends I could ask for!
24. Let us stop and give thanks on this special day. I am thankful for the company of great friends, the freedoms we enjoy every single day, and the opportunity to be present and enjoy a delicious meal. Happy Thanksgiving.
25. Thanksgiving is all about fun, food, and especially friendship. But you’re not just my friend, you’re my family, too. Thank you for being such a big part of my life this year. I’m thinking of how grateful I am every day! Happy Thanksgiving.
26. As we celebrate this historic day, let us stop and think about all the things we have been through in our lives to arrive at this day. The hardships and triumphs, the tears and the joy, the loss and the gain. And through it all, I have been very fortunate to have you, my friend, by my side. Happy Thanksgiving.
27. Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate abundance, and my life spills over with the abundance of love and friendship. So, as we celebrate this day of gratefulness, your name graces my list of reasons for which I offer up gratitude. Thank you for your friendship, and I hope that your day is a memorable one.
28. May all the bounty of the season be bestowed upon you. May your table always be full, with loved ones gathered around. I hope that this Thanksgiving is even more special than the others.
29. We gather at Thanksgiving to celebrate and remember the beautiful things in our lives for which to be grateful. I am thankful for my family, my health, and so much more. I am also thankful for you, my friend, who has been a part of my life for so long. I appreciate who you are as a person, and I am grateful you are a part of my life. I send all my love to you and your family this Thanksgiving. May it be a wonderful one.
30. If I got to choose how I spend Thanksgiving, I would spend my time with you: eating pumpkin pie straight from the pie pan from the grocery store and falling asleep on the couch. Happy Thanksgiving, and don’t tell my parents!
31. Happy Thanksgiving to the best friend I could ask for. The best part of my year has been all the laughs we’ve had, the adventures we’ve been on, and the times you’ve helped me when I was down. There’s nothing better than friendship this Thanksgiving.
32. Fall is the start of our holiday season, and I love it! The leaves are changing colors, there is a crispness in the air, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Thanksgiving is founded on the tradition of expressing our gratitude for the many good things in our lives. This year, I am grateful for my family, health, and friends like you. I wish you and your family a very joyful Thanksgiving!
33. To my beloved friends: wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings. Even though this is one of the biggest holidays we celebrate, when I have friends like you, it feels like we have the warmth and comfort of the holiday all to ourselves. Thank you for your friendship, and Happy Thanksgiving.
34. When I was a kid, I didn’t really understand Thanksgiving. All I knew was that I got to eat turkey! These past few years have shown me what this holiday is all about: being grateful for the wonderful people in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving to you, wonderful person!
35. The expression of gratitude is often a neglected gift. This Thanksgiving, I am reflecting on how grateful I am to have a friend like you. You go above and beyond the expectations of friendship. It is as if we have known each other our whole lives. Thank you for being such a great friend. I wish you the happiest of happy Thanksgivings full of love and warmth!
36. Traditions make our Thanksgiving memories unique. The way the turkey smells as it cooks throughout the day, the sound of the day’s football game in the background, and the time we spend together. I am thinking of you this Thanksgiving, and hope that it is the happiest ever.
37. Fall is a beautiful season, and Thanksgiving is its highlight. Coming together and expressing gratitude is a lovely thing to do, in fact, one which we should practice daily. I am grateful that I have you in my life, so thank you for being a fabulous friend. You are a cherished part of my life, and I wish you a happy and fulfilling Thanksgiving.
38. Each year, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade winds through the streets of New York, football teams go head to head in an effort to entertain, and you and I stop and give thanks for the privileges we have, one of which is our friendship. What are truly fortunate. Happy Thanksgiving.
39. The beauty of Thanksgiving is that each one of us can find reasons for which to be grateful. This Thanksgiving, I wanted to let you know how important you are to me. You are one of the most beautiful things in my life. I hope you have an incredible Thanksgiving surrounded by the people who love you! Happy Thanksgiving.
40. Tomorrow we venture out to try and get the best deals of the season, fighting the crowds and participating in the madness. For today, however, we stop and give thanks for all the marvelous things we have in our lives, such as the company of good friends. Happy Thanksgiving.
41. Thanksgiving has finally arrived, so our hearts turn towards gratitude. As we spend time with our families this year, let us reflect on why we are grateful. Our friendship naturally makes my gratitude list as I reflect on the memories we share. I wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving!
42. As we head into long, dark nights of winter, we sit down with friends and enjoy a traditional feast. It’s a priceless time to be together, savor delicious food and decadent desserts, laugh, and love. These are the things I am thankful for today. Happy Thanksgiving. May it fill you with all the warmth of the season.
43. Thanksgiving is about more than food, football, and fun. Thanksgiving is for remembering and expressing gratitude for the things we are fortunate enough to have in our lives. Friendship is something we can take for granted, yet in our moments of need or rejoicing, our friends are the ones we want to call first. Thank you for being my friend. I hope your Thanksgiving Day is incredible!
44. Today is a day when we stop and give thanks, for the bounty in our lives, for the relationships we treasure and for all the things yet to come. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.
45. Our lives are so busy, and we seem to be going in several different directions simultaneously. Living like this does not give us the time we need to practice gratitude. Gratitude is why I love Thanksgiving. It offers us a moment to breathe and take it all in. This Thanksgiving, I am grateful I have been gifted you as a friend. Your fierce loyalty to our friendship makes me feel appreciated. Thank you! I hope that you and your family have a memorable Thanksgiving.
46. The turkey is dressed and ready to go, your trimmings on the way. The football game is underway, and our loved ones are about to gather and express their gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving to my dearest of friends.
47. This Thanksgiving, I reflect on the past year and all the things I have gone through in my life. As the dust settles from the upheaval, some people have faithfully remained in my life. You, my friend, are one of my steadfast people. Thank you for being my friend, and I wish you nothing but the absolute best this Thanksgiving!
48. I never thought I would have such a dear friend. During this season of giving thanks, I am thankful that you are in my life, for the laughs we share and the confidence between us. Wishing you an amazing Thanksgiving.
49. Gratitude is a natural outflowing of a contented heart. My heart is overflowing with gratefulness because I have such an understanding and like-minded friend like you. My wish is that your Thanksgiving would be full of precious memories as you celebrate with all those who love you. Happy Thanksgiving!
50. The leaves have fallen from the trees and cooler temperatures have arrived. It is time to be in the company of friends, to set the table and give thanks. This year, I am thankful to have found a friend as outstanding as you. Happy Thanksgiving.
51. Thanksgiving is a time for us to pause and reflect on all we have in our lives for which to be grateful. I probably do not tell you often enough what your friendship means to me. You are always there when I need you, so for this reason, you are on the top of my gratitude list. I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
52. Thank you for being the friend that I need, for supporting and caring about me. Know that I cherish our friendship, and I hope that you have a fantastic Thanksgiving.
53. We pause at this time of year to think about all the things in our life for which we should be thankful. Our friendship has been one of the best parts of my life, mostly because your generous spirit makes you an ideal friend. I look forward to many more years of friendship. I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, with all my love to you and your family.
54. Whether the gathering is small or large, simple or ornate, it is always an extraordinary affair. This year I am thankful for the great friends in my life. Wishing you all the best this Thanksgiving.
55. I love Thanksgiving because it is a celebration of the abundant reasons for gratitude in our lives. My life is a cornucopia of reasons to be grateful. I am truly fortunate to call you a friend, and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate you. You inspire me to be a stronger and better human. Thank you! I hope your Thanksgiving is memorable and fulfilling.
56. Thanksgiving is a time for celebrating the abundance of goodness in our lives. I am gifted with a beautiful family and a pleasant life. Among the cherished things in my life that I am grateful for is having you as my friend. Therefore, I celebrate the abundance of my life today, which includes you, my friend. I wish you a fabulous Thanksgiving with those you cherish!
57. Happy Thanksgiving to you, my dearest friend. May we remember to be thankful for the beautiful things in our lives all year round.
58. It is a beautiful time of the year when we practice being grateful. This Thanksgiving, you and I are many miles apart, but I feel that our hearts are still as close as ever. Our friendship is at the top of my gratitude list. I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your family, and I look forward to seeing you soon!
59. Thanksgiving has always been an honored tradition in my family. As a child, I remember anxiously awaiting the arrival of my extended family members. People have always been at the forefront of our celebrations. We celebrate family and friends at Thanksgiving and express our gratitude for their presence in our lives. You are one of the people I am celebrating this year. Thank you for being a great friend! I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.
60. My dear friend, I wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. You have been my cherished friend for so many years. I feel closer to you than a lot of my family, so you are more like a family member than a friend. Thank you for always being there to laugh, cry, or celebrate with me. I hope that you will be surrounded by all those you love and will have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Best Quotes for Thanksgiving Messages to Friends
“A new survey found that 80 percent of men claim they help cook Thanksgiving dinner. Which makes sense, when you hear they consider saying that smells good to be helping.”
“If you want to save a species, simply decide to eat it. Then it will be managed – like chickens, like turkeys, like deer, like Canada geese.”
“Thanksgiving is a magical time of year when families across the country join together to raise America’s obesity statistics.”
“Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.”
“Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Halftimes take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence.”
“A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.”
“If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There’s turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Someone needs to tell the turkey, ‘Man, just be yourself.'”
“Coexistence: what the farmer does with the turkey – until Thanksgiving.”
“Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
“We’re having something a little different this year for Thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we’re having a swan. You get more stuffing.”
“Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.”
Wilbur D. Nesbit
“Why is Thanksgiving such a smart holiday? Because it’s in Know-vermber.”
“I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.”
“Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother’s tasted better the day before.”
“I approximated the Black Friday experience at home by hurling myself into a wall a number of times and then ordering online.”
“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.”
“Cooking Tip: Wrap turkey leftovers in aluminum foil and throw them out.”
“The Thanksgiving tradition is, we overeat. ‘Hey, how about at thanksgiving we just eat a lot?’ ‘But we do that every day!’ ‘Oh. What if we eat a lot with people that annoy the hell out of us?'”
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
“Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.”
“The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.”
“Turkey for the girls and Turkey for the boys. My favorite kind of pants are corduroys. Gobble gobble goo and Gobble gobble gickel. I wish turkey only cost a nickel. Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!”
“My Thanksgiving is perpetual. It is surprising how contented one can be with nothing definite – only a sense of existence.”
Henry David Thoreau
“Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.”
“The Thankstini: A fun and delicious new novelty drink I invented. Cranberry juice, potato vodka, and a bouillon cube. Tastes just like a turkey dinner.”
Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother
“You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.”
“What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?”
“I can’t cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast.”
Charlie Brown in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
“If you wish to make an apple pie truly from scratch you must first invent the universe.”
“Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.”
“To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.”
“When I was a kid in Indiana, we thought it would be fun to get a turkey a year ahead of time and feed it and so on for the following Thanksgiving. But by the time Thanksgiving came around, we sort of thought of the turkey as a pet, so we ate the dog. Only kidding. It was the cat!”
“Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.”
Native American Saying
“Thanksgiving is America’s national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty.”
“It took me three weeks to stuff the turkey. I stuffed it through the beak.”
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.”
“I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.”
“Turkey: A large bird whose flesh, when eaten on certain religious anniversaries, has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude.”
“Gratitude can turn a meal into a feast.”
“It’s not too much food. This is what we’ve been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny, this is our finest hour.”
“Real ballplayers pass the stuffing by rolling it up in a ball and batting it across the table with a turkey leg.”
The below infographic provides interesting facts about the celebration of Thanksgiving and other trends and behaviors commonly associated with the holiday. An average of 1 out of 10 people does not cook a turkey on Thanksgiving. Over 40% of families have their dinner completely made from scratch. On this day alone, the average person consumers 4,500 calories.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.