Below are touching and thoughtful “sympathy” messages to help you when offering your condolences for the loss of someone’s brother.
1. I was so saddened to hear about the loss of your brother. He was simply an incredible guy. I know the bond between you was strong and that the connection and love you shared will light your life always. Sending you my love and condolences at this terrible time.
2. It is devastating that your lovely brother is no longer with us. I want to offer my deepest sympathy and condolences to you. I hope that you are able to work through this difficult time.
3. Your brother led such an honest and pure life. He was taken from us too soon, and we all mourn this terrible passing with you.
4. Only those who are lucky enough to have a brother can understand the bond between them and the pain of losing them. And few people are lucky enough to have had a brother as wonderful as yours. Our love and deepest sympathies are yours.
5. I hope you know that you can lean on me during this difficult period of time. I will do anything I can in order to help you cope with the loss of such a tremendous brother and friend.
6. Nobody can understand what you’re going through without having lost one of their siblings. But we are all sorry for the incredible loss that you’re suffering and hope that there is some way we can help you through these difficult times.
7. I know I cannot take away any of your grief following the devastating loss of your brother, [name]. But please know that we all share your pain and will be with you every step of the way through this dark period.
8. My soul was filled with sorrow upon hearing of the death of your charming brother. I cannot
imagine your sadness during this time. Please accept all of my condolences.
9. Your brother’s passing is heartbreaking, and if there is anything I can do to help you get through this difficult time, I’ll always be available — my soul aches for your loss.
10. Though your brother was a big part of my life for a long time, I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now. Please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences for your loss.
11. Everyone who knew your brother was touched by his warmth, kindness, generosity, and his incredible sense of humor. I hope that knowing there are so many people who loved him and will always remember him gives you some small comfort at this incredibly sad time.
12. I know that your brother would be so proud of you today. He is looking down at you today, and always. May he rest in peace.
13. There aren’t any appropriate words I can come up with to express how deeply impacted I was to hear about the passing of your brother. Please receive my condolences, and offer to help you through this exceptionally challenging time.
14. Please know you have my deepest sympathies following the loss of your [name], your brother, and best friend. I am here to help share your grief, to relive your memories of him, or simply to sit quietly by your side. Anytime, anywhere, please just ask.
15. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you as you navigate this painful path. Your brother will be truly missed, and everyone who knew him is simply heartbroken at this news.
16. I was so sad to hear about your brother, [name]. He may no longer be physically here, but I am confident he will always be keeping an eye on you, and his spirit will be here to give you strength and support throughout your life.
17. It is with deep sadness that I heard about the passing of your brother. Please accept my sympathies, kind wishes, and thoughts of healing.
18. Words seem so trivial compared to the pain you are feeling after the loss of your brother. But my feelings of sorrow and grief are boundless.
19. I want to express my utmost sympathy for you and your loving family. Your brother will never be forgotten. He was a shining example to all of us.
20. I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear of your brother’s passing. I will always remember him for his radiant smile and the way he fought for truth and justice in this world.
21. It was a pleasure to know your amazing brother. He will forever be remembered and loved by everyone around. I hope you know that you have all of my support.
22. Your brother meant a lot of things to a lot of people. His passing will expose the enormity of the difference he made in the lives of others. Please receive our deepest condolences for your loss.
23. Everyone knows how much your brother means to you. Knowing that, it became all that much harder to believe that he had passed. Please accept our sympathies for yourself and also to your family.
24. The pain of losing your brother is so much greater because he was loved so much. I hope that with every day that passes, your pain diminishes slightly, but I know your love for him will never dim.
25. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you as you navigate this painful loss. Your brother would be so proud of your strength and determination during this trying time.
26. I am so grateful that I had the chance to meet your brother, to get to know him and to call him a friend. He enriched everyone’s life, and that makes the sorrow and pain of his passing even greater. Please let me know if there is anything you need.
27. The news about the loss of your brother came as a shock to me, and I can’t possibly understand what you might be going through. You have my deepest condolences.
28. People will always remember your brother and will reminisce over all of his outstanding qualities, along with all the joy he brought into life. Please accept our deepest condolences.
29. Your brother loved you very much, and I know without a doubt that you loved him deeply as well. With a heavy heart, I offer you my most sincere condolences and sympathies for your loss.
30. Words cannot describe how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Your brother filled our lives with happiness, laughter, and smiles.
31. Your brother is a one of a kind and will be sorely missed by everyone who’s lives he touched. We are deeply sorry for your loss.
32. I’m at a loss for words about the news I heard about your brother. You have my sincere sympathies, and if you need anything, I’m just a call away.
33. I would like to extend to you my most sincere condolences to you and your family over the loss of your brother. If you need anything at all, I’m here for you.
34. Please accept our condolences over the passing of your dear brother. He was, and will always be, loved by more people than you realize, and missed by all.
35. I am truly sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Please let me know if there is any way that I can offer help and be of assistance. I will keep your family in my thoughts.
36. I am very sorry for your immense loss. Your brother was a wonderful and talented man who will be dearly missed by all who knew him.
37. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish peace and comfort to both you and your loved ones as you go through this journey of mourning and healing.
38. Your brother was and will continue to be an inspiration to so many people. We are heartbroken about your loss and wish to extend to you our deepest and most sincere condolences.
39. You have my condolences due to the recent loss of your brother. I hope that you can bear this pain and honor your brother’s incredible memory for the rest of your days.
40. Please know that we are all with you during this awful time. We are all mourning the passing of your brother during this horrible time.
41. My heart is with yours during this time of deep and difficult sorrow. I cannot comprehend how hurt you must feel, but I will do my absolute best to support you.
42. We had incredible times with your brother and were hit hard over the news. Please receive our deepest and most sincere condolences over such a difficult loss.
43. The burden of the loss of your brother is a heavy one, and I want to extend to you my deepest sympathies. He will be missed and revered by everyone who knew him.
44. Though his time of suffering is now over, yours has just begun over his loss. Please allow us to help comfort you while you grieve over your brother, and we extend to you our heartfelt condolences.
45. May time, love, family, and friendship assist you in getting through the pain of the loss of your brother. He will be remembered and sorely missed, and we are sorry for your loss.
46. Take time to grieve. Your brother was more than worth it. Please accept my condolences and also my offer to give you any help that you might need to help you through this incredible challenge.
47. I know that you and your brother were very close. I am so sorry about your loss and want you to know that you have friends that you can talk to who cares.
48. Goodbyes are always challenging, and this time is no different. I hope that your brother knows how cherished he was by all of us.
49. Your dearly departed brother will always remain in your memories. I am extremely sorry to hear about your recent and sudden loss. I hope you know that you can lean on me.
50. Death may have taken your brother too soon, but it can never erase the wonderful memories. He will always be with us inside our hearts and minds.
Best Sympathy Quotes for the Loss of a Brother
“Life has to end. Love doesn’t.”
“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”
Winnie the Pooh
“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.”
“Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.”
“A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.”
“When you die, that does not mean you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live.”
“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…”
Alfred Lord Tennyson
“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That signifies nothing. For us believing physicists the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”
“God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.”
James M. Barrie
“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
“In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods of tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life.”
“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”
“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.”
“Look closely and you will see almost everyone carrying bags of cement on their shoulders. That’s why it takes courage to get out of bed in the morning and climb into the day.”
“As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.”
“The holiest of all holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; the secret anniversaries of the heart.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
“On this bald hill the new year hones its edge. Faceless and pale as china, the round sky goes on minding its business. Your absence is inconspicuous; nobody can tell what I lack.”
“We need never be afraid of our tears.”
“The dead never truly die. They simply change form.”
“While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.”
“Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.”
Sir Walter Scott
“It takes strength to make your way through grief, to grab hold of life and let it pull you forward.”
“I’ll be seeing you / In all the old familiar places / That this heart of mine embraces / All day and through.”
“He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o’er-fraught heart and bids it break.”
“You gave me a forever within the numbered days.”
“The grave itself is but a covered bridge, Leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.”
“When he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun.”
“There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start.”
“Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.”
“People touch our lives if only for a moment, And yet we’re not the same from that moment on, The time is not important, The moment is forever.”
“In the gardens of memory, the palaces of dreams, this is where we will meet.”
Alice Through the Looking Glass
“What is lovely never dies, But passes into other loveliness.”
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
“Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
“We do not have to rely on memories to recapture the spirit of those we have loved and lost – they live within our souls in some perfect sanctuary which even death cannot destroy.”
“When we have joy we crave to share; we remember them.”
Sylvan Kamens & Rabbie Jack Riemer
“Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.”
“Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life.”
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
“No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.”
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.”
“Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.”
Henry David Thoreau
“Say not in grief that they are gone, but give thanks that they were yours.”
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.”
“Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.”
“Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.”
Alphonse de Lamartine
“Given a choice between grief and nothing, I’d choose grief.”
Best Sympathy Bible Verses for the Loss of a Brother
Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
And if children, then heirs — heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
1 Corinthians 15:51
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Corinthians 15:42
So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
1 Corinthians 15:20
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.”
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
1 Thessalonians 4:15
For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:54
When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 John 4:4
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
Funeral costs over the years have outpaced the rate of inflation. In the last decade, the costs of a funeral have increased by almost 4%. Traditional service fees can run over $1800 with a casket costing more than $2200. Almost half of individuals prefer their families to have a celebration of life funeral and maintain low overall costs. The below infographic provides common trends and statistics for funeral costs in the 21st century.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.