Below are 125 touching and thoughtful “sympathy” messages and sympathy quotes to help you when offering words of sympathy for the loss of a brother.
1. I am so sorry for your loss of your brother. I wish peace and comfort to both you and your loved ones as you go through this journey of mourning and healing. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.
2. Only those who are lucky enough to have a brother can understand the bond between them and the pain of losing them. My heart aches for your loss, and I wish I could take the hurt away from you. My love and deepest condolences go out to you and your family.
3. I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now, and I am at a total loss for words. I am thinking of you, pulling for you to get through the grief and on to happier days. I truly hope that you find comfort in your family during these dark times. Please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences for the loss of your brother.
4. I heard about the loss of your brother, and my heart aches for you. If I could, I would bring a day when your happy memories of him are stronger than your sadness from his passing. I am here for you, any time of the day or night.
5. I was sad when I heard you had lost your brother. I hope you find comfort in knowing that death cannot take away your memories of him or the happy times you shared. Please call me if you want to talk or need anything at all.
6. Nobody understands what you’re going through unless they have lost one of their siblings. It doesn’t seem like enough to say that I’m sorry for your loss. I want to do more and bring you relief from your sorrow. If you can think of anything I can do, please let me know. In the meantime, I am thinking of you.
7. Words seem so trivial compared to the pain you are feeling from the passing of your brother. I am truly sorry for your loss and for what you are feeling as you grieve. Please accept my sincerest condolences for the loss of your brother.
8. My soul was filled with sorrow when I heard about the passing of your brother. I cannot imagine the emotions you must be feeling as you absorb this loss. I want you to know that I care about you. I stand by, ready to help you in any way I can. Sending my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your brother.
9. Your brother’s passing saddens me, and my heart goes out to you during this time. Let me know if I can bring food over or help with some housework. I am here for you in any way you need, just let me know. I am so sorry for your loss.
10. I wish we could enjoy the beginning and middle of life, and then skip the ending. I am thankful that you have memories of him from while he was here, and hopeful that I can support you as you process what has happened. Please know that I am only a phone call away.
11. My thoughts are with you as you mourn the loss of your brother. I hope you find comfort and peace in the arms of those you love. You and your family are in my thoughts, and I send you all my sincerest condolences. Please let me know how I can help you during this difficult time.
12. I know I cannot take away your grief. I cannot imagine the pain from the loss of a brother. But please know that I share your hurt and am with you through this tough period. I am sending my deepest sympathies to you.
13. Please know you have my deepest sympathies following the loss of your brother. I am here to help share your grief, to listen to your memories of him, or simply to sit quietly by your side. Anytime, anywhere, please just ask.
14. I don’t have the right words to express how sad I was to hear about the passing of your brother. My soul absolutely aches for you. Please receive my sincere condolences, and my offer to help you through this difficult time. I am truly sorry for the loss of your brother.
15. I know it is hard, and I am sorry you are going through this. Please know that you are not alone. I am here, phone in hand, waiting for you to say you need a hug or support. Whether it is a few days or much longer, I am here when you are ready.
16. I was sad to hear about your brother. He may no longer be physically here, but I am confident he will always keep an eye on you, and his spirit will be here to give you strength and support throughout your life. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.
17. I am saddened that your brother has departed. When a loved one leaves this earth, it is clearly hard on us. For them, I would like to think they are at peace and free from the chains of this world. I hope that his peace becomes your peace as you go through the healing process. I am thinking about you.
18. Death may have taken your brother, but he lives on through our memories. He will always be with us inside our hearts and minds. Please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences for your loss.
19. I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear of your brother’s passing. He will always be remembered for who he was and who he touched in this world. I send my sincere condolences.
20. I share in your sorrow and I grieve with you over the loss of your brother. I really believe that he is looking down on you today, and will be always. May he rest in peace, and please know I am here for you.
21. It was a pleasure to know your brother. He will be remembered and loved by everyone around. I hope you know that you have all of my support.
22. Your brother meant a lot of things to a lot of people. His passing will expose the enormity of the difference he made in the lives of others. Please receive my deepest condolences for the loss of your brother.
23. Everyone knows how much your brother means to you. Knowing that, it became all that much harder to hear that he had passed. Please accept my sympathies as you and your family remember him.
24. I was saddened to hear about the loss of your brother. I know he was special to you, and that the love you shared will light your life always. Sending you my love and condolences at this dark time.
25. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you as you navigate this painful loss. Your brother would be so proud of your strength and determination during this trying time.
26. I am so grateful that I had the chance to meet your brother, to get to know him and to call him a friend. He enriched everyone’s life, and that makes the sorrow and pain of his passing even greater. Please let me know if there is anything you need.
27. The news about the loss of your brother came as a shock to me, and I can’t possibly understand what it must feel like to experience the loss of a brother. You have my deepest condolences.
28. People will always remember your brother and will reminisce over all of his outstanding qualities, along with all the joy he brought into life. Please accept my deepest condolences.
29. Your brother loved you very much, and I know without a doubt that you loved him deeply as well. With a heavy heart, I offer you my most sincere condolences and sympathy for the loss of your brother.
30. Words cannot describe how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Your brother filled our lives with happiness, laughter, and smiles. Please accept my sincerest condolences.
31. Your brother was one-of-a-kind and will be missed by everyone whose lives he touched. I am deeply sorry for your loss.
32. The pain of losing your brother is so much greater because he was loved so much. I hope that with every day that passes, your pain diminishes slightly, but I know your love for him will never dim. Please accept my sincerest condolences.
33. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you as you navigate this painful path. Your brother will be truly missed, and everyone who knew him is heartbroken by this news. Please accept my deepest sympathies.
34. Please accept my condolences over the passing of your dear brother. He was, and will always be, loved by many, and missed by all. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.
35. Your brother was such a good man. He was taken from us too soon, and I mourn his passing with you. Please accept my deep condolences.
36. I am very sorry for your immense loss. Your brother was a wonderful man who will be dearly missed by all who knew him. Please accept my condolences for your loss.
37. Everyone who knew your brother was touched by his warmth and kindness. I hope that knowing there are so many people who loved him and will always remember him gives you some small comfort at this incredibly sad time.
38. Your brother was and will continue to be an inspiration to so many people. I am heartbroken about your loss and wish to extend to you my deepest and most sincere condolences for the loss of your brother.
39. You have my condolences for the loss of your brother. Please know that I am thinking of you as you mourn, and sending my love to help you heal.
40. Please know that I am with you during this challenging time. I am mourning the passing of your brother and am here for you if you need me. I send my deepest sympathy for the loss of your brother.
41. My heart is with yours during this time of deep and difficult sorrow. I cannot comprehend the pain you must feel, but I will do my absolute best to support you. I am very sorry for the loss of your brother.
42. I was hit hard over the news of your brother’s passing and cannot imagine how you are coping. I know you are strong, but please reach out to me to lean on. The loss of a brother must be difficult beyond words. I am sending my deepest and most sincere condolences over such a painful loss.
43. The burden of the loss of your brother is a heavy one, and I want to extend to you my deepest sympathies. He will be missed and revered by everyone who knew him.
44. Though his time of suffering is now over, yours has just begun over his loss. Please allow me to help comfort you while you grieve over your brother, and I extend to you my heartfelt condolences.
45. May time, love, family, and friendship help you in getting through the pain of the loss of your brother. He will be remembered and missed. I am truly sorry for the loss of your brother.
46. Take time to grieve. Your brother was more than worth it. Please accept my condolences and also my offer to give you any help that you might need to help you through this incredible challenge.
47. I know that you and your brother were very close. Please know that I deeply care about you, and you can talk to me whenever you are ready. I send my deepest sympathy for the loss of your brother.
48. Goodbyes are always challenging, and this time is no different. I hope you find comfort in knowing that your brother was cherished by all of us and will never be forgotten. May he rest in eternal peace.
49. Your dearly departed brother will always remain in your memories. I am extremely sorry to hear about his passing. I hope you know that you can lean on me and I will be there for you.
50. I want to express my utmost sympathy to you and your loving family. Your brother will never be forgotten. He was an inspiration to us all. Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your brother.
Best Sympathy Quotes for the Loss of a Brother
“Life has to end. Love doesn’t.”
“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”
Winnie the Pooh
“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.”
“Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.”
“A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.”
“When you die, that does not mean you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live.”
“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…”
Alfred Lord Tennyson
“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That signifies nothing. For us believing physicists the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”
“God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.”
James M. Barrie
“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
“In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods of tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life.”
“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”
“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.”
“Look closely and you will see almost everyone carrying bags of cement on their shoulders. That’s why it takes courage to get out of bed in the morning and climb into the day.”
“As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.”
“The holiest of all holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; the secret anniversaries of the heart.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
“On this bald hill the new year hones its edge. Faceless and pale as china, the round sky goes on minding its business. Your absence is inconspicuous; nobody can tell what I lack.”
“We need never be afraid of our tears.”
“The dead never truly die. They simply change form.”
“While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.”
“Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.”
Sir Walter Scott
“It takes strength to make your way through grief, to grab hold of life and let it pull you forward.”
“I’ll be seeing you / In all the old familiar places / That this heart of mine embraces / All day and through.”
“He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o’er-fraught heart and bids it break.”
“You gave me a forever within the numbered days.”
“The grave itself is but a covered bridge, Leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.”
“When he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun.”
“There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start.”
“Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.”
“People touch our lives if only for a moment, And yet we’re not the same from that moment on, The time is not important, The moment is forever.”
“In the gardens of memory, the palaces of dreams, this is where we will meet.”
Alice Through the Looking Glass
“What is lovely never dies, But passes into other loveliness.”
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
“Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
“We do not have to rely on memories to recapture the spirit of those we have loved and lost – they live within our souls in some perfect sanctuary which even death cannot destroy.”
“When we have joy we crave to share; we remember them.”
Sylvan Kamens & Rabbie Jack Riemer
“Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.”
“Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life.”
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
“No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.”
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.”
“Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.”
Henry David Thoreau
“Say not in grief that they are gone, but give thanks that they were yours.”
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.”
“Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.”
“Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.”
Alphonse de Lamartine
“Given a choice between grief and nothing, I’d choose grief.”
Best Sympathy Bible Verses for the Loss of a Brother
Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
And if children, then heirs — heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
1 Corinthians 15:51
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Corinthians 15:42
So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
1 Corinthians 15:20
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.”
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
1 Thessalonians 4:15
For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:54
When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 John 4:4
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
Funeral costs over the years have outpaced the rate of inflation. In the last decade, the costs of a funeral have increased by almost 4%. Traditional service fees can run over $1800 with a casket costing more than $2200. Almost half of individuals prefer their families to have a celebration of life funeral and maintain low overall costs. The below infographic provides common trends and statistics for funeral costs in the 21st century.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.