New Year’s Resolutions Statistics
An average of 40% to 45% of Americans create one or more new years resolution each year. As time goes by resolutions tend to fade in achieving the goals originally set out by the individual. However, it research has shown that people who make resolutions are still considered ten times more likely to attain their goals than those that do not explicitly make resolutions.
Top 10 New Years Resolutions
1. Lose Weight
2. Get Organized
3. Spend Less and Save More
4. Enjoy Life to the Fullest
5. Stay Fit and Healthy
6. Learn Something Exciting
7. Quit Smoking
8. Help Others
9. Fall in Love
10. Spend More Time with Family
Tips to Succeed at your Resolution
The following video discusses tips for helping you succeed at completing your new year’s resolution.
The following statistics illustrate the common length of time resolutions are maintained each year.
1. Past the First Week – 75%
2. Past Two Weeks – 71%
3. After 1 Month – 64%
4. After 6 Months – 46%
– 45% of Americans usually make New Year’s resolutions.
– 17% of Americans infrequently make New Year’s resolutions.
– 38% of Americans absolutely never make New Year’s resolutions.
– 8% of Americans successfully achieve their resolution.
– 49% of Americans have infrequent success with their resolution.
Age Related Success
An estimated 40% of individuals in their 20’s will achieve their New Year’s resolution. Only 14% of individuals 50 and over achieve their resolution each year.
5 Tips to Succeeding
1. Be specific in your goal.
2. Make your resolution realistic.
3. Make it known and gain support.
4. Make it measurable by time to track your progress.
5. Make your resolution fun and rewarding.
New Year’s Resolution Statistics
The following infographic takes a look at common new year’s resolution goals with statistics and tips for increasing success.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers