Jaw Dropping Women and Men Cheating Statistics
Infidelity in marriage is more common that people may assume. However, are women or men known to cheat more? The following statistics outline the life of cheating women and men.
A total of 53% of marriages end in divorce within the United States. An estimated 17% of divorces as caused by infidelity.
1. 70% of men admit to cheating on their wives.
2. 2/3 women do not know their husband is having an affair.
3. 50-60% of women admit to cheating on their husbands.
Related statistics of infidelity:
4. Media fields with the highest divorce rate are psychiatrists and marriage counselors.
5. 36% of men that cheat are having an affair with their co-worker.
6. 36% of men and women admit to committing infidelity while on a business trip.
7. 17% of men and women who admit to cheating emotionally or physically with their brother or sister in law.
8. The average length of an affair is 2 years.
9. 31% of marriages last after an affair has been admitted or discovered.
10. 74% of men would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught.
11. 68% of women said they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught.
A look at an ad campaign that promotes a pro adultery site.
Common Causes for Infidelity
As many may commonly believe, dissatisfaction or general unhappiness is not correlated with marriage infidelity. But, a recent study found the following common causes to be the reasoning as to why infidelity occurs.
1. Sexual dissatisfaction.
2. Low self esteem and individual personal issues.
3. Lack of similar sexual beliefs and fear of poor sexual performance.
4. Not caring about consequences.
5. Placing higher value on career, children, and hobbies.
Additional Facts and Statistics About Cheating
1. 30-60% of married individuals will engage in some sort of infidelity at some point during their marriage.
2. 2-3% of children are the product of infidelity.
3. Infidelity is becoming more common among people under 30.
4. The internet, email, and chat rooms make it easier for people to engage in infidelity.
5. Infidelity is normally not a rational choice but driven by circumstances and emotions.
6. Biological evidence indicates that long term monogamy is difficult for humans to achieve, but not impossible.
7. Almost everyone admits to having fantasies that involve someone other than a spouse.
Adultry Statistics and Trends
The following infographic outlines the statistics and common traits of infidelity occurring in a marriage. Common behaviors and trends are listed throughout.