Home » Statistics » 23 Great Social Media at Work Statistics and Trends

23 Great Social Media at Work Statistics and Trends


Social Media And The Work Place

Today, social media is an essential component of just about every business industry. The obvious core of any good, effective marketing campaign, social media is quite possibly one of the most important things a business can utilize to gain exposure. The following are some facts about social media and the work place.

34 percent ever use social media while at work to take a mental break from their job.. 75.4 percent of businesses are using social media for work purposes, leaving only 24.6 percent that do not. Out of those who do use social media for business, the majority (27.4 percent) have been doing so for 1 or 2 years, 21.4 percent for 2 – 3 years, 20.5 percent for more than 3 years and 11.1 percent for less than a year.

52.1 percent of all employees are allowed access to social media sites at work for personal use. 24.8 percent of businesses only allow some employees to do this, while 23.1 percent of businesses do not allow any employees personal access to social media sites at work.

We are also starting to see that over half (73.6 percent) of businesses do not block social media sites at work. Most (64.2 percent) of businesses do not monitor social media site use at work and the majority of them (68.9 percent) have social media policies in place at work.

Personal email is the most frequently checked email (over 90 percent) in both regular employees and top management. Corporate email is checked only slightly less by all employees and management (about 90 percent).

With regular employees, Facebook messages are checked 58.5 percent of the time, LinkedIn messages 47.9 percent, Twitter 22.6 percent, blogs 21.9 percent and so on. In top management, LinkedIn messages are checked 63.8 percent of the time, Facebook 55.1 percent, Twitter 39.5 percent, blogs 22.7 percent.

Employees are interrupting work more than they would like to (42.6 percent of the time) to check their inboxes. 29.6 percent check mail less frequently, only from time to time. 23.2 percent check constantly when new info shows up and a meager 4.6 percent only check it rarely.

When comparing social media sites, Facebook is certainly a behemoth with its 1 billion active users. Google+ comes in second with 235 million active users, Twitter with 200 million or more at any given time. LinkedIn has 160 million active users and Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users.

Social media is very important in many different settings. Your businesses can benefit greatly from utilizing the popular social media sites for an effective marketing campaign. Social media and the work place have become practically synonymous. Clearly it is very important to know the ins and outs of social media sites in order to effectively run your business.

About The Author
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.