Here are some “get well” messages after surgery for a friend, co-worker, or relative that you can use to send an uplifting and kind message.
1. I know this is a tough time, but with loved ones to support you and a positive attitude, you will recovery wonderfully and cross the finish line soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
2. I hope you’re feeling better after your surgery. I’ll come to visit soon to cheer you up. I’ll tell jokes and have you in “stitches.” All jokes aside, know that I’m here for you for whatever you need.
3. Now that you are through surgery, you can begin to focus on your recuperation and hopefully put this stressful ordeal behind you. Please know that we are here if you should need anything. Get well soon.
4. We’ve been friends for a long time, and when you hurt, I hurt. I’ve been so concerned about you through this experience, and I’m happy to hear the surgery went well. I know the recovery will be difficult, but you’ve got this. And I’ll be for you every step of the way.
5. Surgery is an emotionally and physically exhausting experience. You have been courageous while navigating this difficult time. We wish you a fast and healthy recovery.
6. How long have we been friends? Long enough that I know when you’re down and I can just feel that the sun isn’t shining as brightly and the skies are a little darker. I know these past few weeks of recovery have been difficult for you, and I want you to remind you that you’ll feel better soon. This is just a short period of your life. You can do this. Just take it one day at a time.
7. To hear that you responded well to treatment was the light at the end of our day. We’ve been thinking about you all the time and want to express our love and care during this difficult time. Looking forward to seeing you make a full recovery soon.
8. I know that this has been a long time coming, and I am happy for you that it is finally done. Now you can look to the future and begin to focus on building a stronger, healthier life. I am happy to help in any way I can. Get well soon.
9. I’m so sorry to hear about your recent health issues. I’ve had health issues of my own, and I know how trying it can be. As your friend, I want only good things for you. You deserve to feel better, and you will. I am sending you healing thoughts.
10. Here is to your health. It takes a formidable person to get through such a trying time. You are doing so well, and it is only going to get better. It is my sincerest hope that you get well soon.
11. It must have been hard to be separated from your friends and family while having your surgery. We are happy that it went well and wish you the best of recoveries.
12. Going through an experience like surgery is not for the faint-hearted, and you’ve shown so much strength during these hard times. We wish that you continue to grow stronger and heal quickly. Get well soon.
13. We’re so happy to hear you’re in recovery from your surgery. We’ve missed hanging out with you, so once you’re feeling better, we’d love to get together. Use this time to rest up and heal. See you soon!
14. May your recovery room be empty, your food edible, your nurses be kind, and your recuperation quick. Wishing you all the best, and I hope that you get well soon.
15. It can be discouraging when we are unwell. It’s upsetting when things that used to be easy are difficult. Recovering from surgery is a struggle but know that it won’t last forever. I am sending you healing thoughts and happy dreams.
16. I sent you this card to brighten your day and make sure that you know there are people rooting for you. We care about you deeply, and we are hoping for a flawless recovery from your surgery. Get well soon.
17. I know that surgery is hard. There has been a lot of planning, and probably a lot of worries. Know that you are now through the worst of it and can begin to be the healthy and happy person you were meant to be. Recover quickly, we miss you!
18. There’s so much to experience once you’re healed! But for now, you’ll have to enjoy it on TV and let your body rest as it is working hard to get back to normal. The world can wait for your recovery, and so will we.
19. You have successfully made it through a difficult experience. You are so brave. Take your time, and do not overdo it. Recovery is a process that requires a lot of self-care and patience. Please tell us if there is any way in which we can help with your recovery. Get well soon.
20. Just a little note to let you know we are thinking of you always. When you are ready, we will be by your side, with favorite snacks and activities at the ready. We are exceptionally happy that you are on your way to better health. Get well soon, all the best.
21. It would be our pleasure to help you through this adjustment period and see you get better and better. We believe in the healing power of community and support, so we are here for you 100%. Let us know what we can do to help.
22. Something as serious as surgery forces us to stop and evaluate the meaningful things in our lives. I just wanted to let you know that your presence in my life means so much to me. I hope that your recovery goes smoothly. All the best.
23. Now that you are through the thick of it, each new day brings you closer to recovery. It is our every hope that your recovery goes well, and you can soon put this experience behind you. Get well soon.
24. Recuperation is not an easy task, but I cannot think of anyone with a stronger will than you. I know that once you have set a goal, you will achieve it no matter what. Here is to the hard part being over, and your recovery being in the works. Get well soon.
25. It can be difficult to be in a hospital all alone, trying to process the emotions you are feeling after a significant event like surgery. Be kind and patient with yourself and know that you are surrounded by people who care about you. We are here for you when you are ready. Feel better soon.
26. You are an inspiration to us all. Your outlook through this time has been optimistic, and I know you will be back to normal soon. I am looking forward to catching up once you are home. Thinking of you, get well soon!
27. Sending you all the love and positive energy I can muster. I am so proud to call you my [friend/loved one]. I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery.
28. Life’s challenges build character, and overcoming each new hurdle makes us a little stronger. One day soon, you will look back on this time with pride, knowing you overcame a difficult situation. We are eagerly awaiting your recovery from surgery.
29. Add this to your list of odds you have triumphed over. I am in awe at your strength and perseverance in the face of something so daunting. I wish you a full recovery.
30. You have overcome so many odds in your life, and I know that this situation will be no different. Here is to your renewed health and all the things you plan to do with it. Get well soon.
31. May every day bring you one step closer to full recovery. I am glad your procedure went well and looking forward to seeing you up and running around again one day soon. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
32. Words cannot express how impressed I am by your resilience. Should you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask. May you heal quickly and get well soon.
33. Positive thinking is the cornerstone of getting better. Knowing how strong-willed you are, this should be a piece of cake. I am here to support you, whatever the need may be. Get well soon.
34. Difficult times help us to see the charming aspects of our lives. May this new challenge help you find some small things in your life that make your heart smile. Get better soon.
35. Surgery is difficult and can be emotionally draining. Know that we are here to offer whatever support you need. This situation is temporary, and hopefully, before long, it will seem like a distant memory. We are hoping to see you on the mend soon.
36. There are few people as strong-willed and resilient as you, so I know in my heart that you will become even tougher after you recover from this operation. My thoughts are with you as you recover.
37. I heard about your recent surgery. I hope your recovery is swift. I know it can be difficult when you’re not 100%, and if you ever need to talk, give me a call. You’ll be in my thoughts.
38. We’re hoping that you experience ease during this time of recuperation. Seeing our loved ones happy and healthy is all we need in this life! Get well soon.
39. In our lives, there are few things that truly matter – our nearest and dearest are the people we cherish most, so we hope that you are holding up during your recovery period. May you thrive each day as you grow stronger, and may your recovery be speedy.
40. I know you were nervous about this surgery, and you must be so relieved that it’s over. I know I’m happy that you can now get well.
41. To see one of our loved ones having a hard time is heartbreaking, so we hope that your recuperation is quick and easy. We’re here for you, and we know you’re going to feel so much better after a period of rest. Get well soon, and let us know how we can help.
42. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. You are a kindhearted person, and you deserve to be feeling your best. I hope things will improve now that you’ve had your surgery. I am sending healing vibes.
43. Sometimes it’s hard to know that a situation is out of your control, and you only have to wait to hear the results. I’ve never felt so relieved to know that you are safe and recovering well! Keep up the good work.
44. Surgery is no joke, even though we’ve had many laughs, for this I’d like to express how deeply gratified I am to see you are getting back on your feet. I hope you get back to 100% soon.
45. Even though the healing process after surgery has changed your way of life, I know that a new normal is just around the corner and going to be great. Stay positive, and we can get through this.
46. Your strength and progress have been so inspiring. I feel ready to take on any of life’s challenges after seeing you starting to recuperate from this surgery. Keep getting better.
47. You’ve been in our thoughts, and we’re happy to hear your surgery went well. Soon you’ll be back to your [beautiful/witty], vibrant self. Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.
48. In my heart, I knew that you would be able to heal quickly from your surgery, and I’ve never been so happy to be right! If you need anything, I’m here for you.
49. We’re over the moon to know that you made it through one of the most trying times in your life. You’re immeasurably special to us, and we can’t wait to see you during your recovery. Get well soon.
50. I hear you’ve been knocked off your feet, but soon you will be as good as new. While you heal, put this card nearby to remind you that someone loves you and is rooting for you to get better.
Best Quotes for Your “Get Well” After Surgery Message
“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
M. Kathleen Casey
“Isn’t it unnerving that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?”
“Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
“Sleep, riches, and health to be truly enjoyed must be interrupted.”
Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
“This too shall pass.”
Persian Sufi Poets
“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”
“It always seems impossible until its done.”
“I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.”
“I wonder why you can always read a doctor’s bill and you can never read his prescription.”
Finley Peter Dunne
“Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint.”
“The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.”
“Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.”
Marcus Tullius Cicero
“I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better.”
“Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.”
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
“There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.”
Henry David Thoreau
“It’s not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.”
“Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.”
“The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity – the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor.”
“Friendship is essentially a partnership.”
“You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.”
“Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.”
“Although the world is full of suffering, it’s full also of the overcoming it.”
“One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.”
“The best of healers is good cheer.”
“Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.”
“I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much.”
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
“I enjoy convalescence. It is the part that makes the illness worth while.”
George Bernard Shaw
“Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.”
“In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”
“Okay, so today you are feeling low. But soon you will be better you know. Listen to the doctors you meet and before you know it you’ll be back on your feet.”
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
Charles R. Swendoll
“There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.”
Orison Swett Marden
“Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.”
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
Best Bible Verses for Your “Get Well” After Surgery Message
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a Rock, except our God?
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.