Here are examples of sincere and thoughtful sympathy messages to use for the loss of a child.
1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, a life so full and bright has been taken from us too soon. When I remember [name], I am reminded of their spirit, of their kindness, and their laughter. Sending you our love and know that you are ever-present in our thoughts. We will endeavor to see you as soon as you feel ready to receive visitors. Please know you are not alone in your sadness, and I hope you can find comfort in sharing this together with others.
2. Let me step into your sorrow and weep with you. I can’t think of greater sorrow than that which comes from losing a child, and my heart breaks for you. If I may, I would like to ease the demands of your everyday life during this difficult time. I would like to pick up groceries or take your [children/pets] out. Anything at all, please let me know. My absolute deepest condolences to you and your family.
3. The loss of [name] is such terrible news. I hope you find the strength from knowing that you were such a wonderful parent, that you made their days bright and happy. They spent their days loved and cherished. I know this cannot bring them back to you, but please know that their memories were happy, and you gave all of yourself, and, in return, had the most wonderful [boy/girl] who was a credit to you. Their memory lives on forever in our minds and our hearts.
4. Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things in our lives. Saying goodbye to a child is unspeakable. It is so deeply saddening and painful. Please know that you are not alone. We stand together with you in sadness, and stand together with you in pain. Please know you are loved and supported.
5. Your [name] is a deep and heartfelt loss to the community. A vivacious and bubbly character, who lit up every room [he/she] entered. Know that every time I see the sun shine, or a flower in bloom, I am reminded of [name]. The community joins you in mourning and shares your sadness.
6. You may feel as though you need to put on a happy face, that you should have it all together, but you do not. Should you need to fall to pieces, I am here to sweep them up. If you need to scream into the wind to lessen the pain inside you, I will hold your hand in support. Know that I love you, and I am here.
7. When I heard the devastating news of your loss, I wanted to share with you some thoughts that I hoped would provide some comfort, love, and support during this time. A child loves unconditionally and lives in each and every moment. Please know that your [son/daughter] had the most beautiful and wonderful moments and memories with you. Each family moment is a treasured memory within your heart that can never be taken away from either of you.
8. Please know we share your sadness and your pain. The loss of your [name] is felt by so many as their joy touched so many hearts and lives. I wish to take some time to share with you my available times to help with [housework, cooking, and childcare]. I know these gestures will not ease your pain, but I hope to give you time with your thoughts and time to process such a tragic loss. In time, I hope we can share our memories fondly. Please contact me whenever it is convenient.
9. The loss of a loved one, the loss of a child, is an unimaginable pain. With time I hope you feel comforted by memories of love and warmth. When the breeze blows gently, remember their softness, when the sun shines brightly, remember their spirit, when the river bubbles slowly, remember their kindness. Take comfort in the memories that surround you. Sending you all our love, thoughts, and well wishes at this deeply saddening time.
10. [Name] was such a beautiful child, in more ways than I can count. Words cannot express just how sorry I am for your loss. I would like to help you with any communications you need to send out to other family and friends, in the hope that it may lift a tiny portion of the weight from your shoulders. Know that you are in our thoughts.
11. Sending condolences on the loss of [name], such a loving child. So happy and spirited, their kindness and warmth shone like a beacon of light and will be so greatly missed. I hope you are able to take comfort in hearing all of the wonderful memories people share with you over the coming days and weeks, and that these memories help you to build strength and find peace to cope with such a devastating loss. We thought so much of your [son/daughter], and their presence will truly be missed among us all. We are here for you, to listen and love.
12. A tragedy such as this can never make sense, such a beautiful, sweet spirit whisked away before their time. I am terribly sorry for the loss of your amazing [name]. I would like to help you by making any necessary phone calls or arranging transportation for any out of town visitors. Let me know. Sending you my love.
13. To have known [name] was a privilege and brought joy and warmth into our hearts. I know the pain you feel at this time is overwhelming. I hope that with time, we can all heal together and bring joy and warmth to others’ lives, remembering every time we do, that we share a piece of [name] with others we love and care for.
14. Your loss is so very sad, and when I heard about it, I wept. I cannot imagine your pain. I am here for you and your family at this difficult time. I would like to take the time to help with your other children, to allow you some time in thought. Please contact me and let me know when would be convenient to take them out for the day, whenever you are ready.
15. Upon hearing the tragic news of your loss, I wish to offer my condolences, my thoughts, and my support. I am able to help with any childcare or home arrangements while you concentrate on being able to say goodbye in the best possible way. Know that I am here for you, to listen and to love.
16. My deepest condolences to you, my dear friend. One day you woke up, and everything changed. While you are navigating this new and difficult time, I would like to help in dealing with the various people and places in your community. Let me answer uncomfortable questions and help you avoid sad looks. Let me go to the grocery store, or pick up your dry cleaning. I am here to help you get through this.
17. My heart wept when I heard about your news. I am deeply and truly so sorry. I would like to prepare meals for you and bring them over. I know this is such a small gesture when thinking about the scale of your loss, but I hope it makes your time a little easier. When you are ready, please know I am here to listen, with a heart full of love for you and your family.
18. Since the loss of your child, you have been left behind, trying to adapt to a new life that is dark and full of grief because it is void of them. I am sorry for your loss. Allow me to help you by making phone calls or sending messages. I want to try and make your life just a little easier as you process your grief.
19. I cannot begin to imagine your pain, and how deep you feel the loss of [name]. I hope you can take some comfort from knowing how loved and cherished [he/she] was within the community and in our hearts. We will continue to share memories and [his/her] spirit always, and hope that this is something that in time you feel the strength to do with us.
20. Right now, you are probably in survival mode, just trying to breathe and put one foot in front of the other. The loss of a child is inconceivable. There are no words to describe just how sorry I am. I am having some items delivered to you in the hopes that they provide you comfort.
21. I hope you know you are not alone at this time. You are loved and cherished within our community. Your [son/daughter] was a beautiful light that shone. I am available to come over during the weekends, to help with housework and meals, and to make life a little bit easier during this very difficult time of tragic loss.
22. I am so deeply sorry to hear about the loss of [name]. It is a parent’s greatest nightmare come true. I would like to offer my help with your arrangements. Please let me know if I can do anything to ease your burden.
23. After just hearing your tragic news, I wanted to reach out and share my condolences. [Name] was such a beautiful soul and a happy child, and their absence will be forever missed. May you find the strength to carry on and know you do not have to face this alone. I am able to help with your home and pets. Please know I am here, and I am available to offer support.
24. Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your family during this terrible time. If we can help you care for your other [child/children], please do let us know. I cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow. Thinking of you.
25. To share what I want to share with you is so hard to put into words. Your [name] was a wonderful child, full of fun and laughter. They were so mischievous and had a look in their eye as if they had a secret they wanted to share. I am reminded of them so frequently each and every day and want you to know that their memory lives on for me, as I am sure it does for many others. So sadly no longer with us, but so far from forgotten. I do hope this gives you comfort. Sending all our love and thoughts.
26. Thinking of you during this time of suffering. It is such a twisted and unfair turn in life. When time permits, I would like to drop off some meals for you and your family. I hope it helps, however minuscule or irrelevant the gesture may seem. Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
27. Please accept my heartfelt condolences at this most saddening time. Your [son/daughter] really was the kindest and most thoughtful child. Qualities I have no doubt came from you as a parent. As time heals, I hope you are comforted by the fact that their kindness and thoughtfulness within the community will be missed, and we hope to be that little bit kinder and that little bit more thoughtful as a tribute to your [son/daughter]. All our wishes are with you during this most difficult time.
28. We were deeply sorry to learn of your profound loss. Your darling [name] was a wonderfully kind and gentle soul. During this time, it may be difficult to continue with the monotony of regular life. I would be happy to help with chores around the house or running errands. Know that we are here for you always.
29. While we cannot begin to understand why something so awful would happen, we can try our best to commemorate your beloved [name]. We would love to help with taking care of day-to-day tasks that now seem impossible. All our love.
30. When a child is lost, a cry of sadness is shared around the world. For a child is the purest and most joyous of all. Know that the days you shared were so full of happiness, and your [name] knew how loved they were. Although their time was not as long as we hoped, it was so full, full of love, laughter, warmth, and joy. A life lived full of happiness. The greatest gift you have ever given.
31. When I heard the news, I was overcome with emotion. A beautiful child such as your [name] had so much to give and touched all of our lives. I am sending my thoughts and well wishes, now and every day. I hope that your pain eases with time. Please know we are here to cry with you in sadness and share memories of joy with you, reflecting on the life of [name] and remembering the times we shared together.
32. I know that you are going through an unimaginable loss, but I wanted to tell you that I am here for you no matter what you need. I promise to listen and respect your space when needed. I love you, and I want you to remember that you are not alone.
33. Your [son/daughter] really was the brightest of stars that shone. Every time I look at the night sky, I think of them as the brightest star in the sky. Filling the night sky with their happiness and their laughter. I hope as time moves on, you find ways to share memories and are comforted by these memories. All our love and thoughts are with you at this time, and always.
34. Our deepest condolences on the loss of your child. I know that you probably feel like you must be strong for others right now, but know that I am here if you need to fall apart. I am ready to jump in and take care of anything that seems too burdensome during this time.
35. I am sending my heartfelt condolences. A parent’s love is timeless, as is that of a child. Although no longer together physically, your love is still ever-present. Your love was known and felt deeply by both of you, and not a moment goes by where your [son/daughter] didn’t feel the constant love and support you provided. I am always here for you, whenever you need me.
36. I am so sorry that you are experiencing such a heartbreaking loss. It is impossible to find the right words to say, as if there were anything that could possibly temper the anguish that comes after losing a child. When you are ready, I would like to help find the right person or support group to help you work through your unimaginable grief. I cannot even begin to understand the depths of your pain. If there is any burden I can shoulder for you, please let me know.
37. I am deeply saddened upon hearing about your devastating loss. Your [name] was always such a bright and happy soul. With time, I hope your memories provide comfort, and their bright soul continues to shine through you, as [he/she] remains forever in your heart.
38. Words cannot express the devastation the loss of your darling [name] has caused. We are here for you, whatever you need. We are here for you through the tears, and will not ask you to talk about anything. Know that we care deeply for you and your family.
39. We are sending our deepest condolences on the loss of your dear child. We have so many fond memories of [name] and will honor [his/her] memory by recalling them often. We have several beautiful pictures and videos that we would like to share when you are ready.
40. Saying goodbye is such a hard thing to do. We are not saying goodbye to [name’s] memories though. Our memories can never be taken away. As long as we take the time to remember and share what a wonderful child [he/she] was, their memory forever lives on. Their kindness and warmth touched us all, and we are all so much better for knowing [name]. Please know we offer support and love at this difficult time.
41. Be patient and kind to yourself during this awful period. You have suffered a great loss, and it will take a long time to recover. We are here for you, whether it be to weep with you or lash out at the deep injustice of your loss. We will check in often, whenever you need us.
42. To be given the most beautiful, loving, and stable family home is truly a gift. To grow, surrounded by love and kindness, is the most wonderful gift you have given. The time you had with [name] was full of happiness and love. Please know that this will live on forever. We are sending love and support through this most challenging time.
43. There will be days when you cannot possibly imagine getting out of bed and trying to live life as though nothing has happened. On those days, know that you can reach out to me. I will be there, in your corner, helping you manage. Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. Please lean on me and let me help you through this time.
44. In this time of suffering and uncertainty, I wanted to express my sincerest condolences. I would like to come to your house for a quiet visit, where I offer my support to you in whatever way you find most comforting. I want to help you get through this in any way I can.
45. I am sorry for your loss. I cannot possibly imagine the waves of grief that must be washing over you after the loss of [name]. There is nothing worse than the loss of a child, and your beautiful [boy/girl] is no different. My thoughts and love are with you.
46. The day your [name] died, the ground shifted under your feet, and everything you knew was taken away. I am so sorry this has happened to you. I would like to offer my support to you by taking your other [children/child] out for a few hours this week. I will check in with you soon.
47. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family constantly. The pain you must be feeling is unfathomable. I would like to cover for you at work this week, along with anything else you should need. I am here for you and you are not alone.
48. Please accept my condolences for the loss of your beautiful child. I am going to check in with you often so that you know my support is there should you need it. There is no obligation to respond if you are not up to it. I am thinking of you.
49. After hearing the most saddening news of your loss, please accept my deepest sympathies. The loss of a child is truly heartbreaking, and I wish to share with you my wishes to help and comfort you during this time. Please know my door and heart are always open to you.
50. A shoulder to cry on, someone to hold you, or simply being there to help you with your grief – this is what I promise to be for you during this dark period of your life. I am so deeply sorry for your devastating loss.
Best Quotes for Your Message for the Loss of a Child
“You gave me a forever within the numbered days.”
“Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.”
“Life has to end. Love doesn’t.”
“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”
Winnie the Pooh
“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.”
“Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.”
“In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods of tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life.”
“As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.”
“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
“He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.”
“In the gardens of memory, the palaces of dreams, this is where we will meet.”
Alice Through the Looking Glass
“We need never be afraid of our tears.”
“The grave itself is but a covered bridge, Leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.”
Sir Walter Scott
“Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life.”
“Say not in grief that they are gone, but give thanks that they were yours.”
“Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
“I’ll be seeing you / In all the old familiar places / That this heart of mine embraces / All day and through.”
“Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.”
Henry David Thoreau
“What is lovely never dies, But passes into other loveliness.”
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
“We do not have to rely on memories to recapture the spirit of those we have loved and lost – they live within our souls in some perfect sanctuary which even death cannot destroy.”
“The dead never truly die. They simply change form.”
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.”
“Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.”
Alphonse de Lamartine
“It takes strength to make your way through grief, to grab hold of life and let it pull you forward.”
“They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.”
“People touch our lives if only for a moment, And yet we’re not the same from that moment on, The time is not important, The moment is forever.”
“Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.”
“When he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun.”
Best Bible Verses for Your Message for the Loss of a Child
In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.”
To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead.
1 Thessalonians 4:14
For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:53
For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
1 Corinthians 15:51
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
And everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?
2 Corinthians 4:16
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
2 Corinthians 5:8
Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
More than half of child mortality in the world occurs in five countries. This is primarily attributed to infectious disease, pneumonia, diarrhea, malaria, and measles. Almost 7 million children under the age of 5 have died globally in 2012. Increasing the cleanliness of water, distributing antibiotics, and increase protection measures for children can help to lower risks of death.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.