To celebrate this annual occasion, a selection of ugly Christmas sweater party invitation wording ideas are listed below.
1. On sparkles, and shimmers, contrasting colors and themes. Wear your wildest patterns and come to be seen at our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Come and let’s make memories!
2. Come one, come all, and come ugly! This year, we’ve decided to celebrate all of the ugly parts of this year with an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. We are going to eat too much, drink too much, and have way too much fun while looking absolutely terrible.
3. Board games, playing cards, and mistletoe are all overrated. What you’re really looking for is an ugly Christmas sweater party where you can let it all hang out and have a blast. Join us for an unforgettable night of fun and friendship. Ugly sweaters are mandatory!
4. I’m dreaming of a holiday celebration filled with tacky and overdone sweaters. Make all my wishes come true by attending my Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. We will eat, drink, and do all the good stuff the holidays bring. May your days be merry, and your Christmas sweaters ugly.
5. Deck the halls and jingle the bells! It’s time for a wacky and tacky Christmas sweater party. No ugly sweater – no entry.
6. Santa talks about the naughty and the nice, but what about the ugly? To find out which of the three lists you’re on, come to our ugly Christmas sweater party. This is the most important party of the year!
7. Time for toys and time for cheer. Christmas day is almost here. Come and join our ugly sweater dinner, where every friend will be a winner.
8. This year, we have decided to celebrate the beauty of Christmas with all our ugliest friends. That’s why you’re invited to our Pretty Christmas Sweater Party! Wait, got that backward. Join us for our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!
9. You’re invited to our special Christmas bash. So here’s your chance to make a big splash! Be creative with the front and back of your sweater. For this Christmas party, the tackier the better!
10. Yuletide greetings to you and your ugly sweater. Please join us for a tacky, tasteless, hideous, unbecoming, and ugly Christmas sweater party. We will eat, drink and have a blast creating priceless memories.
11. Leave your excellent taste at the front door. There’s no room for style at our Christmas party. Go garish, go showy, go lurid and go cheap! Get ahold of the worst Christmas sweater you can and wear it with pride.
12. Forget goodwill to all mankind, we want you to disgust us with your sweater! Put aside the sparkly party frocks, dress shirts and bow ties. All you need for our Christmas party is the ugliest sweater you can get your mitts on.
13. Let’s party! Let’s get ugly! Come to our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party where we will eat, drink, and all be ugly together.
14. Christmastime is full of class and allure. Take a break from good etiquette and uncomfortable clothes at our ugly Christmas sweater party! Join us while we relax, eat, drink and be merry.
15. Don’t hide that ugly sweater away, put it on and come out to play! We are having an ugly Christmas sweater party and would really love it if you could wear something so awful that it hurts our eyes.
16. Don me now, my ugly sweater, fa la la la la, la la la la. Please join us for an ugly Christmas sweater contest and party. We will overeat, overdrink, be overjoyed and win prizes!
17. What are the pieces of an ugly Christmas sweater? Gaudy green and red, itchy wool, and tacky patterns all over. Wear your worst to our ugly Christmas sweater party. Can’t wait to see how ugly you look!
18. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Guess which one is invited to our bash? That’s right! Join us for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party where we will feast, drink and rock the night away.
19. Rudolph had it right – a big, lit-up red nose to stand out during the holidays. Let’s take our cues from the most famous reindeer of all, and party with an outrageous lack of style. Join us for this year’s Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.
20. You know Lights and Glitter and Garland and Paint. You know Tinsel and Bows, but you show no restraint. So can you predict, whose sweater will make the party a hit? Come eat, drink and be ugly at our ugly Christmas sweater party!
21. Leave the pretty bows and colorful paper for the gifts. Wrap yourself in something much less tasteful and come to our ugly Christmas sweater party. The uglier the better!
22. Red, white, and green. Knitted or sequins. Traditional or modern. We want to see it all! Bonus points if it’s all on one sweater. Come to an ugly Christmas sweater bash that is sure to be unforgettable.
23. We’re having an ugly Xmas sweater party! Please put on the most hideous Xmas knit you can find and join us for a fun-filled evening. Prize for the nastiest, most distasteful sweater.
24. So you think you own the ugliest sweater? Well, let’s have a contest decide that. Bring an empty belly and wear an ugly Christmas sweater to our Christmas bash. You might even win a prize!
25. Come one, come all, and come ugly! This year, we’ve decided to celebrate Christmas and the coming New Year with an ugly Christmas sweater party. Come looking absolutely awful!
26. Eat, drink, and be ugly! Go find your ugliest Christmas sweater and join us for this can’t miss event. There will be a buffet dinner, drinks, and good times as we gather wearing the ugliest Christmas sweaters in town.
27. We’re having a Christmas party with lots of carols, food, drink, and of course your ugly sweaters! For this year’s Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, we want to see you go all out. Let’s see who can bring the most offensive and least stylish sweater of them all.
28. Bah, humbug. Christmastime is just too beautiful! Come help us make it ugly at our ugly Christmas sweater party wearing the ugliest sweater you’ve got.
29. We say “no” to spending hours in front of a mirror getting ready. Why waste all of that time when you could be enjoying a cold beer? So, with this in mind, we ask you to wear the worst Christmas sweater available and join us to celebrate.
30. What’s the most important part of the Christmas season? It’s not the presents or the holiday cheer. It’s the ugly sweaters, of course. Wear your ugliest Christmas sweater and celebrate the Christmas season and the coming New Year with us.
31. Looking to jingle bell rock this holiday season? We can’t wait to see how ugly you can get at our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.
32. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a gathering of the ugliest Christmas sweaters. So join us for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!
33. I bet you’ve got an ugly Christmas sweater or two in your closet! Why not dust them off and celebrate with us at our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party?
34. Oh no, I heard things are going to get ugly this Christmas…because we’re having an ugly Christmas sweater party! Join us looking wacky, tacky, and just downright awful.
35. This year, we wanted a reason to pull out our ugliest, gawdiest Christmas sweaters, so we are having a merry little Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. You must come because it won’t be a party without you!
36. As you check off your Christmas list, make sure to get the ugliest Christmas sweater you can find. You’re invited to our ugly Christmas sweater party, where the dress code is mandatory.
37. Merry Christmas to all, and to all: come to the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party in your tacky, dated, and downright hideous Christmas sweater. Merry Christmas, and hope to see you then!
38. Let’s face it: looking tacky is hard. So start digging through the thrift shops or go steal from your grandma. Come to our ugly Christmas sweater party and show us what you’ve got!
39. We don’t care that you probably have a bunch of ugly Christmas sweaters to choose from. We only care that you make sure you are at our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party with the most outrageous sweater money can buy.
40. Ew, what’s that over there? Is it a piece of chewed gum? Or some decorations gone wrong? No, it’s our distinguished guest! You’re invited to our Ugly Christmas Sweater party. Normal attire will be turned away.
41. As we roll into the holiday season, we hear those sleigh bells ringing and feel the need to have a good time! We figured the best way to have fun is to host an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Dress in big colors and bold patterns. The more absurd, the better.
42. Christmas is a time of joy and peace, but sometimes a little competition is fun too! Come to our ugly Christmas sweater contest and party. The ugliest sweater will get a prize, so come looking your worst!
43. There was some magic in old Frosty’s top hat, but we think a really ugly Christmas sweater can do even better! Join us for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Wear the ugliest, wildest sweater you can find, and we’ll see what kind of magic we can stir up. We’ll gather and dance the night away, laughing and celebrating the holidays.
44. Put on your ugliest sweater, get cozy and join us in sharing in a Christmas ugly sweater celebration where we will eat, drink and be merry.
45. My ugliest sweater in the closet invites your ugliest sweater to come and share in the holiday spirit at our ugly Christmas sweater party. Come cringe at the other ugly sweaters as you celebrate the holiday season and coming New Year.
46. It’s that time of year again, so dig deep. Go to the back of your closest and dust off your ugliest sweater. Join us in our ugly Christmas sweater party.
47. Our parties always get UGLY! Don your tackiest ugliest sweater for a festive ugly Christmas sweater party.
48. Turn the lights down low, it’s time for our ugly sweater party. Join us for a merry evening where we will be doing our best to ignore the tackiness!
49. Why fit in when you can stand out? Get ugly and wear your ugliest Christmas sweater to our holiday party where we will gather around the Christmas tree and share our Christmas spirit.
50. Define your iconic look and be remembered, in all your ugly glory! Join us for Christmas fun, food and drink, and come dressed in your ugliest Christmas sweater to steal the show.
51. It’s Christmas time again, and that means twinkling lights, memories, magic and wonder. But most of all, it means ugly Christmas sweaters. Show how tacky you can get and come join us in the fun!
52. Sleigh what?! It’s an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! You are invited to see how far you can go beyond ugly, into the realm of just plain horrid.
53. We are planning an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party and, with your sense of style, we thought you would be a natural!
The below infographic outlines the essential elements of an ugly sweater. Added characteristics with 3D elements, music, and puffballs will be sure to give you even more attention. By 2012, the trend of Ugly sweater events was on the rise. From charities to marathon runs.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.