How to Enable SEO in Magento
Magento is an excellent web tool to use and can exhibit flawless Search Engine Optimization if you turn on its SEO tools. Read through the following article for a step by step guide to enabling SEO in the Magento program.
1. Turn on “use web server rewrites.” To get there, first go to the top tool bar and select Configuration. Then go to your left side bar and choose Configuration General Web. Then click under Search Engine Optimization to turn on “use web server rewrites.”
2. Next go to Design, which is also under Configuration. Under HTML Head, add your brand name and give each page an informative, succinct title, such as About Us, Contact Us or Products. This will make your webpage easily navigable and the heading will pop up on search engines.
3. Next, focus on content management. Your content should have sprinkled key words, but don’t add in so many key words that you content becomes uninformative for your customers. Only use your target key words once. Write quality, original content for everything including your product descriptions.
4. Next, under General, type in a concise, self-explanatory URL. Your URL should reflect you company name and avoid using articles a, an and the. This makes your URL memorable and easily typed into the search bar.
5. Remember to use appropriate headings. These will pop up within Magento as Heading 1 and Heading 2. Make sure that each page has one Heading 1 and only a few Heading 2s. Keep your content short and organized by breaking it up under these headings.
7. Now you are ready to prepare your site map. Format it in .xml then send it off to all the major search engines. To generate your site map in Magento, go to your top bar under Catalog Google Sitemap.
8. Now review your website for appropriate pagination. No website should have more then two “creases” or times to scroll down. Lengthy web pages bore users who will move on to shorter content. Format your pages correctly using html tags rel-next, rel=prev, and rel=canonical. Use your robots to erase unnecessary pages from your display.
9. Now review every image on your website. Does it have an appropriate image alt tag? Format informative image alt tags using keywords from your text.
10. Last but not least, review your website one more time for navigational flow. Tweak your internal linking system if you have to so that your website flows seamlessly through your pages and that each and every page is easy to get to from any other page.
Use these ten tips to increase your search engine exposure and up your SEO scores.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.