The chances are good that you’ve used Adobe Acrobat as some point in your life. Acrobat is a family of web services and application software that allows for users to print, manage, create, and change PDF (Portable Document Format) files. The first version of Adobe Acrobat was released on June 15, 1993.
Since that initial release, new versions have been regularly introduced. The most recent release as of 2017 is Adobe 11, which is published as Adobe XI. There are two versions available for users to consider: standard and pro.
There is also an Adobe Acrobat option available for teams. The teams option is the same as Adobe 11 Pro with one addition: the ability to manage your user licenses through your Adobe administrative console.
What Are the Similarities Between Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard and Pro?
- Both platforms allow users to create PDF files. Users are able to export those files to other platforms and applications, such as Microsoft’s Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard and Pro allow users to turn a PDF into an editable Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file for improved accuracy with file formatting.
- Both platforms allow for users to edit the text of the PDF while in the file. Image editing is possible on both platforms as well.
- Both platforms allow users to create forms, fill them, sign them, or send them to other people to accomplish these tasks.
- Both Standard and Pro allow users to edit their PDF text and any images with full-page paragraph reflow.
Both Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard and Pro allow users to be able to sign, fill, and send forms faster because it can access data from your device’s autofill collection. Both computer and mobile platforms can access this information.
Both platforms also permit users to capture their signature with a mobile device. Once captured, the signature can be used across the entire document cloud that is provided by Adobe. You can also add comments to the PDF files by using sticky notes, highlighters, and other options.
Adobe has also equipped both platforms with commenting tools that make it easier for collaboration to occur.
What Are the Differences Between Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard and Pro?
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro allows users to compare two versions of a PDF file to review the differences between the versions. Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard requires users to save different versions as independent files and then manually compare them for differences.
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro allows users to scan documents and have them become PDF files that are both searchable and editable. Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard does not offer this option at all, but does allow you to create a PDF of a scanned file.
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro provides users with access to advanced mobile features for PDF reading and manipulation. Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard allows for PDF file reading only. Advanced features include reordering, deleting, or rotating pages on iOS and Android tablets.
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro allows a user to validate their PDF for ISO and accessibility standards. Users can also fix their PDF for ISO and accessibility. Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard does not offer this option.
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro can be used on Windows and Mac platforms, including the ability to edit text and organize pages within a PDF on an iPad. Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard can only be used with a Windows operating system.
- Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro is able to create technical PDF files in Microsoft Project, Visio, or Autodesk AutoCAD. Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard does not offer this option.
In addition to these key differences, Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro is able to automatically optimize a PDF file to reduce its overall file size. Users are able to add audio, video, and interactive elements to their PDF. There is also the option to redact content so sensitive information can be permanently removed from the file.
Users who have a need for their files to be prepared for high-end print production will want to use Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro.
Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard is available for $12.99 per month and requires an annual commitment. Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro is available for $14.99 per month and also requires an annual commitment.
Because the cost difference is just $2 per month, Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro is recommended for most users. The advantages received with the small extra investment outweigh the added cost for most users.
If you require multiple licenses, Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro for Teams is your only option. It’s pricing is the same at $14.99 per month, which applies per seat.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.