Visual content has become increasingly important. The statistics speak for themselves:
- 50% of all internet users have reposted a photo.
- 66% of all updates to social media contain visual content.
- 63% of social media is comprised of images.
- 54% of all internet users have posted images or videos that are uniquely theirs.
- Content that contains relevant images gets 94% more views.
- Tweets with images get 150% more Tweets.
The bottom line? People (consumers) respond better to content that contain relevant images.
1) The Survey is In Visual Content Wins.
According to a recent survey 80% of survey participants responded that images were either “very important” or important when it came to marketing optimization. It is no surprise! People are more receptive to visual content than they are to the written word because we are naturally more prone to pay attention to visual content. The brain processes visual content 60,000 times faster than it does the written word!
2) You Have Choices.
The beauty of visual content is that you have choices! There are 9 types of visual content to choose from that are all equally effective.
- Eye catching photography
- Helpful screen shots
- Charts and graphs
- Cartoon characters
- Visual note taking
- Other relevant graphics
3) There Are Some Rules.
Getting the most out of visual graphics means you do have some rules that you should follow:
– The graphics have to be relevant to have impact in other words if you are talking about monkeys and you put up a picture of an umbrella that is not going to work.
– Size counts! You do not want to overpower your content but you do not want the image to be so small that it is not noticed.
– Don’t use an image just so you have an image in your content. Use visual content where it fits in.
– Don’t use stock photos that everyone else is using. People ignore images they have seen before.
– Keep it lively! Avoid boring images.
4) Use The Right Tools.
To enhance your results use filters, the right styling and use visually colorful images. Filtering your images using similar setting will help with recognition. Use a grid approach to your images, it gives they a professional look and it is easier to overlay a grid over text. Pick bold colorful images to really grab some attention.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.