From general tips, to optimizing your layout, to creating content, to understanding SEO (search engine optimization), and to having the best social media experience, there are always things you can do for your blog.
Whether you’re just building your blog for the very first time, or if you’re looking for ways to dramatically improve the attention your blog is receiving, there are always things you can consider.
Top Blogging Tips
There are dozens of things you can do with SEO, creating content, building the layout, and much more. Here are some of the most essential of those blogging tips you’re likely going to come across:
1. When it comes to choosing a webhost, make sure you’ve researched your options carefully.
2. Don’t bother going for the most popular subjects out there, if those things aren’t actually interesting to you. When it comes to blogging, focus on the things you’re passionate about.
3. A consistent schedule with new blog posts is always a good idea.
4. Make sure your blog is backed up on a regular basis.
5. Stay away from flash.
6. Make sure your blog includes a search box.
7. Have a customized 404 page.
8. Breadcrumbs and pagination are fine concepts, but only when used in moderation.
9. Awesome headlines are always going to grab a potential reader’s attention.
10. Copyscape can help you to avoid writing content that already exists elsewhere.
11. Short paragraphs with sub-headings are a must for the actual content.
12. Lists can make it easy for the reader to scan your list.
13. Strive at all times to create content that is useful, relevant, and interesting.
See how simple it is to create a blog that’s actually worth visiting? These are the sorts of tips that virtually anyone can implement into their current or future blog.
1. Here are a few more things that are certainly worth trying:
2. Jargon doesn’t do anyone any favors. Utilize actual examples while making your points.
3. Infographics are always going to be a great way to drive home your point.
4. CTA (call to action) words engage readers, and make them feel like they are part of the solution you are proposing.
5. Proofread each post carefully, before the post actually goes live on your blog.
6. Make sure you’ve taken care of your Google authorship.
7. Google Analytics can help you to keep track of your performance.
8. Canonical URLs should be used properly.
9. Make sure people can share your posts across social media.
10. Social bookmarking sites are always a good idea.
11. Interact with your readers and other blogs.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.