Here is a selection of birthday messages for sons of various ages, including several for first-born sons.
1. Happy Birthday to you, my dear son. I hope that this birthday finds you with your dreams within reach and your happiness at its fullest. As each year passes, you become more and more a [young man/man] of integrity. You value things that are of the highest moral character and make me very proud to call you my son. I celebrate the day you arrived in this world and my life. I wish you a wonderful birthday celebration!
2. On your birthday, I would like to take the time to reflect on all our beautiful memories together. You were my first son, and as a rookie parent, I read everything I could find on what to do. As I look back, I see that we have done many fun things together and overcome many of life’s obstacles. You are my finest accomplishment, son, and I am very proud of you. I hope your birthday is full of the love of those close to you and the joy you deserve. Happy birthday.
3. Today you are a [young man/grown man], but it seems like it was only yesterday when I held you in my arms for the first time. I will always have the memory of you in my arms because it was the moment you captured my heart. You are such a wonderful son and an exceptionally kind person. I am very proud of you and wish you a very happy birthday, with all my love.
4. Dirt, messes, bugs, and bullies – this is what came to mind if I thought of boys before I had a son. Now, however, I think of sweet smiles and cuddles, of protection and love. That is all down to you, my sweet boy. Have a wonderful birthday.
5. In life, people come into our lives and fill our hearts with joy. Son, for me, you are one of those people. You fill my life with so much happiness and love. You are my greatest helper for all my projects and, in many ways, my closest relationship. I hope your birthday is full of many fabulous things because you deserve them all!
6. Today is the day you, my son, came into the world. You arrived, and in the middle of all the chaos of our lives at that time, all eyes were on you. Now, as you get older, I see the wonderful person you are becoming, and my heart swells. May you have an amazing birthday.
7. Until the moment you were born  years ago today, I had never known true joy. You fill every day with fun and happiness and it is the biggest honor of my life to be your [father/mother]. Being your [dad/mom] is the most important job I have and it’s my responsibility to make sure you have plenty of happy memories. So let’s build more dens, climb more trees, toast more marshmallows, and enjoy this year ahead. Happy birthday, son. I love you.
8. You will always hold a special place in my heart because you are my first-born son. The moments we have shared are genuinely among the best memories I have. You have grown into such an amazing [young man/man], and I am so very proud of you. With all my love, I wish you the very best birthday!
9. Each year as you grow older, son, I find myself thinking more about what your future holds. The career you will choose, the type of student you will be, how you will treat others. Whatever the future holds, know that we will always be here for you. I hope your birthday gives you more happiness than you ever imagined.
10. Each year on your birthday, we celebrate the day you joined our family, a day that made me so happy I could not stop smiling. Each year I watch as you get a little taller, a little stronger, a little more clever, and you make me happier than I ever thought possible. You’re a very special boy, today and every day. I’m so proud to call you my son and wish you the happiest of birthdays. Now let’s have a ton of fun!
11. The first years of your life have gone by so quickly. They are full of good memories and laughter. I look forward to many more years of memories ahead as we walk through life’s journey together. I am thankful for all the joy you bring to my life and the amazing [young man/man] you have become. I hope your birthday is overflowing with love, friendship, and happiness!
12. Son, perhaps we do not tell you often enough how important you are to us. Every day your loving personality fills us with such happiness. We feel incredibly fortunate to have you in our lives. We can now see how you interact with your wife and children, and yet again, we are amazed at who you are as a person. You have become a man of dignity and strength, and our heart swells with pride because of it. We wish you a very Happy Birthday!
13. The day you were born sent my life on a brand-new trajectory because you were my first-born son. It was all brand new, and I had no idea what I was doing. Here we are so many years later, celebrating the day of your birth. You are the best gift I have ever received, and I am thankful for you every day. I wish you all the good things you desire on your birthday, with all my love.
14. Each year holds new lessons, challenges, and opportunities. Make the most of everything life hands you, and all your dreams will come true. I wish you an exceptional birthday, my beloved son.
15. Throughout my life, you have played many roles. You have been my fishing buddy, hunting buddy, and much, much more. However, the best thing you have been to me is my son. I celebrate you today for the amazing person you are and want to tell you how proud I am to call you my son. I am hoping your birthday is full of surprises, happiness, and much love.
16. As I look back on my life, I count the day you were born as one of my most significant days. You were my first son, and I was somewhat terrified at the thought of messing up your life. Now, many years later, I can say that I could not have dreamed for a better son. I wish you a wonderful birthday, my son, filled with much love and happiness!
17. I know [teenaged boys/men] do not like to discuss emotions, but it is your birthday, so here it goes. You are special to me in so many ways, but first and foremost, because you are my beloved son. I have always considered you as my most cherished accomplishment and most precious gift. Your presence in my life makes me a better person. As we celebrate the day you were born, I wish you all the joy possible on this special day. I love you and Happy Birthday, my son!
18. We celebrate you today as our son, and for the [young man/man] you have become. Our happiness is overflowing because the love you possess spills over into so many lives and touches those in need. You are our greatest pride and joy! We wish you an amazing birthday filled with much love. We hope that all the things that bring you joy will be yours today.
19. On your birthday, I want you to know just how much it means to me that you made it into my life. Every day is brighter, every joke funnier, and every memory sweeter because you are in it. Happy birthday to my first-born son.
20. The incredible experiences you have brought to my life as my first-born son are more than I could list here. The new parent learning curve was challenging, but the joy you bring into my life far outweighs those and more. My precious son, I hope that your birthday is full of all the good things you long for and deserve. I love you and wish you a very Happy Birthday!
21. We are so lucky to have such a special son in our lives. You are full of endless energy and tenacious, sometimes to a fault. Your laughter and smile are contagious, and your personality often leaves us in amazement. We wish you an incredibly happy birthday.
22. Because of the person you are, my life and this world are far better places. Your moral compass and integrity shine brightly in a dark world, and I take great pride in calling you my son. I wish you the best birthday ever and hope that joy and love surround you always. I join with all who know and love you and celebrating you this day. Happy Birthday, son!
23. You, my son, have an imagination that knows no limits. Ever the explorer, you are always finding trouble, even though you set out with the best intentions. Although you can be a chore, I would not change any of it for the world. You are my sunshine, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
24. Today is your birthday. Every year, when your birthday comes, I take time to reflect on the day you were born. My first-born son, I had no idea what to expect, and I would not change a thing. Happy birthday.
25. Having a son is an exciting adventure, never knowing what could happen throughout the day. I hope that you always try to live a life of adventure. If you do, you will always be fulfilled. Happy birthday, son.
26. On this, your birthday, I want to tell you how proud I am of the [young man/man] you have become. The moral ethics by which you live your life and your leadership skills are commendable. My heart swells with pride every time someone talks about you. Honestly, you have far surpassed all my dreams and expectations. I am wishing you the absolute best this birthday and look forward to sharing many more to come. Happy Birthday.
27. I have always only wanted the best for you, my son. Not just because you are my son, but because overall, you are a wonderful human being. You are good, through and through. I count you as one of my greatest gifts and assets. I hope you have the happiest birthday ever and are surrounded by all those who love you because you deserve nothing less. Happy Birthday.
28. I never thought I could love someone so much, but then there you were, and I could not remember what life was like before you. It is a privilege to be your mother. I wish you every happiness for your birthday, my oldest son.
29. I am sending birthday happiness and love to you from across the miles. I wished I could be there with you. However, I am happy knowing you are well and flourishing as the wonderful [young man/man] that you are. I know that on this special day, those who love you will be all around you, showering you with love and gifts. I wish you the absolute best birthday, with all my love.
30. Happy birthday to my son. May you always find the courage to do what is right, and the patience to forgive yourself for failing. Know that you are an outstanding person and that we love you to the moon and back.
31. Son, your smile lights up my heart, and I am so very grateful you are in my life. As everyone who knows and loves you celebrate the day you were born, I wanted to join with them and tell them how special you are to me. You deserve all the gifts you could ever want, and my greatest gift to offer is my undying love. Happy birthday, my dear son!
32. Celebrating a birthday is an especially important event. After all, where would you be without today? All my love to you, my son, and have a happy birthday.
33. Having a son like you always fills us with such pride. We feel that it has been a great privilege to raise you. Thank you for being you! Your personality fills our lives with joy, laughter, and many beautiful memories. With the passing of each year, you have become dearer and dearer to us both. We love you and wish you a very happy birthday!
34. There is a special bond between a father and son, something I had never dreamed of before you arrived in this world. We are two of a kind, and I am forever thankful that you are in my life. Happy birthday. I love you.
35. I have watched you successfully traverse many milestones in your life. Maybe we could call this birthday yet another milestone for you. I have witnessed many changes in your life this past year, and the way you have dealt with each one has made me very proud. Let us be thankful for another year of life together. Thank you for being such an outstanding person and an exceptional son. Happy birthday!
36. I remember the times when you looked up to me as you were growing. You said you wanted to be like me. It brings me great joy to see that you have far surpassed anything that I have ever been. You are a far better man than me, and I could not be any prouder! I wish you a very happy birthday with all my love.
37. Our world can be a very challenging place, but we have seen you navigate it with such strength and dignity. You have always been a shining light in our lives, and it brings us pride to see your light brighten the lives of others. We are so very proud you are our son, and we hope that your birthday is full of much love and joy because you deserve all of it, son. With all our love, Happy Birthday!
38. Before you were born, we talked and dreamed of the type of man you would become. We wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that you are so much more than we ever dreamed you would be. You give us so many reasons to be proud of you, and we are grateful we can call you our son. As we celebrate your birth, our greatest desire is that your life will continue to be a beacon of goodness everywhere you go. Happy Birthday, son, we love you!
39. Your birthday provides a wonderful opportunity to tell you how much we love you. As your parents, we have tried our best to set you up for success in life. We are so happy to see you now full of confidence and ready to take on the world. What comfort it brings us to know that whatever this world throws your way, you will take it on with great strength and confidence. Happy birthday, young man, we both love you very much!
40. Son, you have always been our shining achievement in life. We have done many wonderful things, but you are the legacy that we will leave in this world. Our hearts are delighted to see that you are a loving and honorable [young man/man]. We know that as you go through your life, you will always be a source of love and strength to those around you. We hope that your birthday is overflowing with the love of friends and family. We love you and Happy Birthday!
41. Every birthday is another chance to stop and think about our lives, and when I do, I am overwhelmed with the joy you have brought into my life. To say that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me wouldn’t even come close to how I feel about you, my son. You are my sun and my sky, my stars and my moon, my waves and my ocean. You are my life. I love you, forever, and then more. Happy birthday.
42. [Name], my son, today is a very special day – a day we will fill to the brim with the love, laughter, fun, and happiness you deserve. Big birthday hugs to you! Thank you, son, for making me smile every single day.
43. My dearest son, from the moment you arrived in the world you have been my little ray of sunshine. You brighten my life with your smile and tickle my heart with your laughter. Happy birthday, son, I love you with all my heart.
44. As your mother, I’ve always enjoyed watching you grow, learn, and develop. It warms my heart to know that you have turned into such a smart person of integrity and courage. I wish you the best birthday that you could ever have. Happy Birthday!
45. Happy Birthday from Mom and Dad. Both of us are very proud to be your parents. You’re intelligent, patient, you’ve got your father’s resolve and your mom’s good looks. We’ve never been happier for you!
46. You’ve got another birthday coming, and we both wish you all the best. We wish you the best time, the best food, the best company, and the best memories that your birthday can muster. It has been a pleasure to watch you and the family you have made for yourself learn and develop, just as we did when you were at home so many years ago. You’ve made your mother proud. Happy Birthday, son!
47. As your parents, we pride ourselves on how responsible you’ve turned out to be as an adult. That being said, it’s your birthday, and we’d be happy to never hear about how irresponsibly you conduct yourself while celebrating. Have a happy birthday. You only live once, so live it up (but stay safe) on your special day!
48. A son is a special and unique gift. He brings warmth and love, and frustrations beyond measure, but gives hugs and cuddles like no other. May you have the happiest of days, my son, on this your birthday.
49. Being your mother has been the most fulfilling adventure of my entire life and I cannot imagine life without you. I am so grateful to have you, my son that brightens each and every day. I see you try your best to fit in with your friends and to do everything that is “cool” for your age, but when I look at you, I see my beautiful boy, who consistently amazes me. Happy Birthday to my little boy and my first-born son.
50. I’m so happy to be your father on this special day. Being with you every day is the greatest gift that I could ever ask for. Year by year you are growing up into a wonderful young man and I’m very proud to call you my son. Happy birthday, [name].
Best Quotes for Your Birthday Message for Your Son
“Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.”
“I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.”
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“It is not flesh and blood, but heart which makes us fathers and sons.”
Friedrich von Schiller
“Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.”
“There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.”
“The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.”
“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.”
“And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself.”
“Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
“Never, ever ever ever ever give up.”
“It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.”
“It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get back up.”
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
“Do it or not. There is no try.”
“No struggle, no success. The stronger the thunder, the heavier the rainfall.”
“Dreams don’t work unless you do.”
John C. Maxwell
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
“If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.”
James A. Baldwin
“Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.”
John C. Maxwell
“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.”
“It’s not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.”
“Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.”
“I don’t do drugs. I am drugs.”
“If you have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough.”
“Go the extra mile. It’s never crowded there.”
Dr. Wayne D. Dyer
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
“I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.”
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
“Don’t stay in bed unless you can make money in bed.”
“The best way out is always through.”
“It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.”
“Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.”
“A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.”
“You’re never a loser until you quit trying.”
“There is no greater privilege in living than bringing a tiny new human being into the world and then trying to raise him or her properly during the next eighteen years.”
James C. Dobson
“If you can dream it, you can do it.”
“Today I am the happiest man in the world, my son was born and thanks to God for this gift.”
“He doesn’t know you’re watching him, but in this special, reflective moment, you realize he’s growing up. I mean, really growing up.”
“Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.”
“The weak fall, but the strong will remain and never go under!”
“All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”
Michael John Bobak
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
“The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak that resists.”
“When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.”
“Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.”
Orison Swett Marden
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
“Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.”
“Hardship prepares ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength.”
Corrie ten Boom
“Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.”
Robert Downey Jr.
“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
“Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith.”
Kareena Kapoor Khan
“Be strong enough to let go of what belittles your worth.”
“Anyone can give up; it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, that’s true strength.”
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
“When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
“My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.”
“Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.”
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.”
“And above all things, never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that.”
“Choose rather to be strong of soul than strong of body.”
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
“The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.”
“You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.”
“Everything is hard before it is easy.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Do not let difficulties overcome your true purpose; overcome difficulties with your true purpose. Show difficulties what you can do with your life and do something with your life to difficulties. Awake! Arise! Dare to realize who you truly are and what you can truly do! You can do it! Awake and do something!”
Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
“Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
Robert H. Schuller
“The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.”
“Realize your true strength when people reject you. In actual fact, they do not reject you. They only show you your real strength.”
Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe
“Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”
“Your strength doesn’t come from winning. It comes from struggles and hardship. Everything that you go through prepares you for the next level.”
“You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.”
James A. Froude
“Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won.”
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Don’t give up when dark times come. The more storms you face in life, the stronger you’ll be. Hold on. Your greater is coming.”
“Nothing else so destroys the power to stand alone as the habit of leaning upon others. If you lean, you will never be strong or original. Stand alone or bury your ambition to be somebody in the world.”
Orison Swett Marden
“Through persistence, self-knowledge, prayer, commitment, optimism, a resolute trust in God and the building of your own personal moral strength, you can enjoy the blessings of a deeper faith and face the difficulties of life with courage and confidence.”
Norman Vincent Peale
“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
“One of the greatest gifts you can give your teenage boy is the gift of letting him know you get it. You’ve been there.”
Sebastian R. Jones
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
“My wild, wild son, run free. Ooh, you’ll know it when you’re where you’re supposed to be.”
Armin van Buuren & Sam Martin
“Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.”
“Courage conquers all things: it even gives strength to the body.”
Publius Ovidius Naso
“You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.”
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.”
“To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.”
“Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals.”
“Men are what their mothers made them.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Statistics have shown that first-time fathers can be considered one of the proudest parents of all, posting about their children more times on social media than any other parent. Almost 60% of fathers post family photos at least a few times a week, with a fifth of them posting videos. Mothers lead fathers with being more likely to become a fan or or follow a brand online, at 38%, versus 25% for dads.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.