Sending a “thank you” note to someone who gave you a graduation gift or came to your graduation is a great way to show your gratefulness. The below collection of graduation “thank you” card messages are perfect examples of the types of thoughtful messages to send.
1. I want to truly thank you for giving me such a thoughtful graduation gift. I absolutely love it and know that I will use it all the time. Every time I see it, it reminds me of how lucky I am to have someone like you in my corner.
2. Thank you so much for being there for me at my graduation ceremony. I loved having you there right by my side. It really would not have been half as enjoyable without you.
3. I know how much effort goes into preparing for events such as my graduation party. Your contributions to planning and hosting the evening turned a great night into something spectacular. Thank you for being so generous with your time, and I will always be grateful for the love you showed me by helping me bringing such a special occasion to life.
4. Thank you so much for the thoughtful gift you sent to celebrate my graduation. Knowing you were thinking of me was a gift in itself. And I know that wherever life takes me, looking at your gift will remind me of you.
5. I know I will never forget my graduation. Not just because it was such an exciting day but because you were in the audience to share the moment with me. Thank you for coming along. Your pride in my achievements and love helped me make it to the stage without stumbling – as it has done every day of my life.
6. I want to extend my warmest thanks to you for giving me this gift card. It is such a lovely way to commemorate this occasion. I am so grateful for your generosity.
7. Reading the incredibly kind words in your card filled me with such joy. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and for your generous cash gift to celebrate the completion of schooling. This has been a long journey for me, but one that could never have been possible without the love and support of so many people, including you.
8. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share this exciting day. After so many years, can you believe I have finally graduated? It was wonderful to have you in the audience during my graduation ceremony. Thank you for your thoughtful and encouraging words afterward. You have been such an inspiration throughout my studies, and I could never have done this without you.
9. I was so excited to receive your gift following my recent graduation. The money will be incredibly helpful as I get ready to [start college/my new job], but what I appreciated most was knowing you were thinking of me.
10. Thank you ever so much for attending my graduation ceremony. It meant the absolute world to me to be able to have you there. I will never forget the moments we were able to experience together.
11. Please accept my sincere thanks for your kind words and thoughtful gift card following my recent graduation. Your gift will be extremely helpful in purchasing [insert], and I promise to send you some photos of my new purchase.
12. Since my graduation, I have had time to reflect on how much it meant to have you there to celebrate the occasion with me. I am so thankful that you were able to attend and for all the encouragement you gave me to help me get to that day.
13. I want you to know that I really appreciate the gift card. My graduation day was made even more spectacular by such a heartfelt and sincere gift.
14. I will definitely be investing the money that you gave to me on my graduation day. I am so humbled by your giving and selfless nature. Truly, thank you.
15. I sincerely appreciate your personal contribution to my graduation party. Everyone at the party seemed to have an incredible time, and I know this was only possible by you going out of your way to help plan and prepare for the event. Thank you.
16. Thank you very much for the exceptional gift on my graduation day. You have made this day even more memorable and unforgettable. I am thrilled beyond words.
17. Thank you for going above and beyond by coming to my graduation party. You traveled so far, and I am so grateful to you for that. I hope that you enjoyed yourself as thoroughly as I did.
18. Thank you for thinking of me on my graduation day. I am ever so grateful for your sweet gift. It means a lot to me that you would put so much time and effort into getting me something so full of meaning.
19. Thank you so much for attending my graduation party and helping to make my day even more wonderful. I hope you had a fantastic time. I loved that it gave us the chance to dance, laugh, and sing together, just like the old days.
20. Thank you for the wonderful gift card. I will be sure to treat myself and my family to something exceptional with it. You really are the greatest.
21. Thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts on my graduation day. I promise that I will spend this money wisely. I really appreciate your supreme thoughtfulness and care.
22. Graduating and heading off to my first job as a [insert] is exciting and slightly terrifying at the same time. Your generous financial gift will help me make a great impression on my first day. Thank you so much for thinking of me and for your kindness.
23. Thank you so much for the wonderful graduation gift. I will treasure it forever and it will always be an amazing reminder of this glorious day.
24. Celebrating my graduation with family, friends, and loved ones was extraordinarily special. I hope you enjoyed the party, and I really want to thank you for your tireless efforts in planning and sorting out the logistics for the event and your creative genius with the decorations. The venue looked incredible, and it was an occasion that I will never forget.
25. I know you had to travel a long way to make it to my graduation ceremony. Your love and belief in me gave me the confidence and strength to finish my studies, and I would not have wanted to share the day with anyone but you. Thank you for being there and for everything.
26. I hope you realize how much I appreciate your one-of-a-kind gift. This graduation gift is an example of your never-ending generosity and kindness, thank you.
27. Being able to celebrate my graduation with family, friends and loved ones was just as exciting as the graduation ceremony itself. Thank you for helping to make my graduation party so wonderful. I can’t wait to let you know how I am doing in my job!
28. Thank you for being part of my graduation party. You kept everyone entertained and jumped in when I really needed some help. I cannot thank you enough for your assistance in making my party such a wonderful occasion.
29. I hated so much about school, but your faith and conviction helped me make it through. Thank you for never giving up on me and for your very thoughtful gift and card to celebrate my graduation.
30. The last few years have been enormously challenging as I have worked towards finishing school. But the wonderful support I have received from you every step of the way has helped make this achievement possible. Thank you for everything you have done, and I especially appreciate your incredibly generous gift card. I plan on spending it on [insert] to help me with my new job.
31. Please accept my deepest thanks for the gift card you sent to help me celebrate my graduation. I wish you could have been here in person to share the occasion, but I plan to save the gift card and use it for something we can both enjoy the next time we are together.
32. I hope you realize that I am so happy that you attended my graduation party. I loved being able to laugh, talk, and reminisce with you. You made this momentous occasion even more incredible.
33. Thank you so much for coming along to my graduation party. I only wanted to celebrate with the people I love, respect, and admire the most, which is why I was so incredibly grateful that you could be there.
34. Since graduating, I have had time to reflect on what I have achieved and the wonderful support everyone has provided throughout my journey. Thank you for all the times you were there at the end of the phone or email to encourage me to keep going. I am so grateful for your recognition of this occasion and for helping to make this day so special by attending my graduation party.
35. I was so thrilled to receive your exceedingly kind thoughts and gift congratulating me on my recent graduation. I am very much looking forward to making a difference in the community with my new qualifications.
36. I sincerely appreciate you recognizing my academic achievements through your considerate card and gift. I am enormously proud of having completed my studies, and it was so lovely to know you were thinking of me at this time.
37. Thank you for recognizing how hard I have studied and worked to graduate. You should know that when things got a bit tough, I always thought of you. Your own achievements and the way you always find a way to help others inspired me to keep going. I cannot wait to start my career so I can devote my life to helping others, and your very generous gift card will be a fantastic help!
38. I want to say thank you to you for making such an effort and agreeing to attend my graduation ceremony. I am so appreciative of the fact that you took the time out of your busy schedule to celebrate with me. Thank you again.
39. I am so grateful for you taking the time to help me prepare for my graduation party and for helping to create an event that was unbelievably special and memorable.
40. Since my graduation, I have been reflecting on my own achievements and thinking about just how many people helped me along the way. Thank you for being part of my journey and for your generous gift to acknowledge my graduation. I could not have achieved this without your love and support and will make sure I spend the money you sent on something to help me in my new career.
41. I want to thank you for the graduation gift, and let you know that you have been the greatest mentor ever. Without you, I would not have been able to graduate. You were always there to help me and support me, no matter what. Thank you.
42. [Teacher/professor’s name], thank you for the gift, and even more than that, for teaching me the curriculum and so many invaluable life lessons. You are undoubtedly the greatest teacher I have ever had. Your methods are simply genius.
43. Thank you so much for the graduation gift. I hope you know that I admire and respect you so much. You are such a caring, devoted, and inspiring person. Thank you.
44. [Teacher/professor’s name], thank you for being an amazing teacher. I hope that I make you proud and manage to follow in your awe
45. [Teacher/professor’s name], thank you for the gift and, from the depths of my heart, for being such an incredible teacher. No task was ever too difficult or too arduous for you. I hope that I somehow find a way to repay you for your endless kindness and goodness.
46. Thank you for the kind graduation gift. As I reflect on my graduation journey, I want to take the time to thank you for your mentorship and guidance. I am truly grateful for your insights and encouragement every step of the way and could not have achieved what I have without your support.
47. Thank you so much for your gift and your belief in me during the completion of my studies. I am incredibly grateful to you for pushing me forward during the tough times. Your support and mentorship helped me graduate with results that will allow me to follow my dreams.
48. Thank you for inspiring me to pursue my passion. You constantly stretched my thinking the whole time I was in school. With your mentorship and encouragement, I have not only become a better person, but I have graduated with the confidence to embrace all of the challenges and opportunities that will come as my start my new career. Thank you also for your very kind gift. I will always cherish it.
49. Thank you for the wonderful graduation gift, and even more, for your unwavering commitment to helping me graduate. Throughout my studies, you have been incredibly generous with your time and insights. I will be forever grateful for the times that you dared me to try harder and for your friendship and support during my studies.
50. Your support and mentorship have helped make my last few years in school so much more enjoyable and rewarding. I am incredibly proud to have achieved all my goals and ambitions, but I also know I could not have done it without you. Please accept my deepest thanks for this, and for the wonderful graduation present.
Best Graduation “Thank You” Card Quotes
“Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.”
Senator Orrin Hatch
“You get to make your own luck. 80% of success in your career will come from just showing up. The world is run by those who show up…not those who wait to be asked.”
“Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
“Don’t just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.”
“A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”
“Every person you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.”
H. Jackson Brown Jr.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
Henry David Thoreau
“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
“Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.”
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
Charles R. Swindoll
“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.”
“All our dreams can come true…if we have the courage to pursue them.”
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
“Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
“If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents – start charging for it.”
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
“It’s hard not to be afraid. Be less afraid.”
“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing.”
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”
“In order to fulfill yourself, you have to forget yourself. In order to find yourself, you have to lose yourself.”
“Always be the first-rate version of yourself, instead of the second-rate version of somebody else.”
“Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.”
“Don’t ever aim your doubt at yourself. Laugh at yourself, but don’t doubt yourself.”
“If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
“Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.”
“Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t…will be priceless.”
“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”
“Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.”
Robert H. Schuller
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
“If your uniform isn’t dirty, you haven’t been in the game.”
“Do all the other things, the ambitious things—travel, get rich, get famous, innovate, lead, fall in love, make and lose fortunes…but as you do, to the extent that you can, err in the direction of kindness.”
“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.”
“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know it when you find it.”
“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”
“Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
Harriet Beecher Stow
“When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.”
“Don’t be afraid of fear. Because it sharpens you, it challenges you, it makes you stronger; and when you run away from fear, you also run away from the opportunity to be your best possible self.”
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”
“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.”
The below infographic provides a nice snapshot of the facts and statistics regarding recent graduates entering society. Upon receiving their degrees, many recent graduates find themselves left with high debt payments and little job opportunities. This may prompt them to make alternative decisions such as freelancing, joining the military, or running away to the peace corps.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.