Here are a series of housewarming invitation wording examples for you to use or customize for your invitation.
1. We landed in a bigger space because of our growing family and want to celebrate with our very best friends. So please come and enjoy our new place with a night of delicious treats and good company!
2. We heard that Santa Claus is coming early this year because he knows about the housewarming party we’re throwing. If you want some of the cookies before he gets here, you better hurry!
3. I want you to know that I’ve moved into a new place, and I’m having everyone over. I can’t wait to get the whole gang together. It will be just like old times but in a new location. It is an “open house” theme, so come and go as you please. It will be wonderful to see you.
4. We all know the best part of a new home all to yourself is the ability to walk around naked without a care in the world. Although if you come to my housewarming, I promise to keep my clothes on.
5. The [last name]s have finally gotten their own nest! When we began this journey of buying a new home, we knew that it wouldn’t be possible without our loved ones. As a show of gratitude, we’re celebrating with the people that mean the world to us. Please come.
6. Champagne? Dessert? Music? Oh my! Bring your smiles and dancing feet to help me celebrate my new place. We’re going to be boiling milk and rice, burning sage, and doing some other fun housewarming traditions that don’t involve somehow locating a Tibetan space-clearing bell.
7. Our outside fire is crackling, and the teapot is singing. All the room is missing is your warmth. We are planning a party for everyone to enjoy our new home with a party out in our big backyard. Hope to see you there.
8. We never anticipated the ins and outs of buying a house, but now that we’ve accomplished this colossal feat, we can think of nothing better than sitting back and relaxing with you at our new place. It’s going to be a block party with the whole neighborhood invited, so come meet some new folks!
9. We have a new mailing address and a new place to call home. We’re excited to welcome you to it and have planned a scavenger hunt inside the home with a prize at the end. So bring your thinking caps and come enjoy the fun!
10. The moving truck is gone, the boxes unpacked, and we’ve settled in. Now it’s time for you to come join us for a night of drinks, appetizer, and games on [date], starting at [time]. We’re opening up our home to our friends and family. We’re looking forward to seeing you there.
11. I’m grateful for all the support you’ve given me over the years. Without you all, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I need you yet again, this time to make my new house into a home with your presence. Please let me host you in my new house from [time] until [time] on [date]. I will be serving appetizers and drinks, and won’t take no for an answer!
12. Friends, we just met our neighbors, and they’re already trying to sign us up for their weekly book club! Quick, come over to our new place and show them we have enough friends. Bring room in your tummies and your dancing feet.
13. I’m in love! With a house. I am all settled in my new home and loving it. After all that unpacking, I’m finally ready to invite people over. I’ve been looking forward to hosting a party and can’t wait for you to be here. I have been making preparations, so I sure hope you can come and help me enjoy my new home!
14. Home is where the heart is, and so we would love nothing more than for your heart to be there, too! Help us christen our new home at our housewarming party this Saturday at 11 am. Please come as you are and be ready for great beer, great BBQ, and great conversation. Shoes are not required.
15. Our flock has flown out of their old nest and into a new one, and we want to celebrate with our closest friends and family by throwing a small party at our new place. Bring your appetite for some of [host’s/hostess’s name] home cooking and come on over with the family!
16. I’ve made you my friend because I care about you deeply. I don’t know where I would be without you. I appreciate the way you have always celebrated my victories with me. I know you’ll be pleased to know I’ve found a new home. Please come join me for yet another celebration. I promise I’ll be at your next celebration, too.
17. We have no idea how to put all this IKEA furniture together, so would you mind helping us out by putting together one item? We will provide champagne, delicious bite-sized nibbles, good music, and lots of memories. Oh, and can you also bring the furniture? Just kidding. See you at our new place!
18. Not even our wildest dreams could imagine that we would be standing in our new house, hands full of keys, but an empty space. Would you come to fill it up with your laughter while you nibble on tasty appetizers and enjoy my cocktail bar?
19. No one likes to be alone in a new house that’s empty, especially me. My housewarming wouldn’t be complete without the people I love most, so I hope that you can join me for this momentous occasion. Come casual, be relaxed, stay late. Don’t worry about a gift – my gift is your presence!
20. Come over and help me celebrate moving into my new house. This may just be a ploy to get you to help me unpack the boxes, but you won’t know until you come to see for yourself.
21. Moving houses is like riding a bike. At first, you need training, but once you advance to two wheels, it’s a mix of enjoying the ride and falling down. We picked ourselves back up, so let’s have a ball at our housewarming!
22. When we started this journey, we didn’t know what an obstacle course it would become, so we ask with great relief and excitement for you to come to see our new place and rejoice in the good news!
23. We want to start our journey in our new home with a bash! Please take a break from your busy lives and join the festivities. Unlocking the door to our new home wouldn’t be as satisfying without your company.
24. Let’s get together and take a moment to be thankful for the good fortune in our lives. Moving can be stressful, but we’re lucky to have people like you to keep our heads on straight during trying times. Please come help us unwind and have some fun!
25. Good conversation and good food make a home. Come help us turn our house into a home. We’re having a party, bring the family and get ready to have some fun. By the way, the next party will be in 30 years after we pay off our mortgage.
26. No housewarming is complete without my friends to share my joy and help me christen my new home! Do me the honor of eating my snacks and making a toast to what I hope will be the first of many get-togethers with you in my new home.
27. We’ve finally found the perfect place to settle into the wonderfully mundane parts of adulthood. Won’t you come to kick it off with a celebration? We would be over the moon if you could come and make some memories with us.
28. Our new house is fitted with all the finest frills, lightning-fast wifi, and a fully-stocked fridge. All we’re missing is an appearance by a horde of hungry friends at our housewarming party. Come one, come all!
29. We’ve got a new house, but it won’t feel like home until you’re in it. Please come join us. You’re practically part of the family. It would mean so much to have you there.
30. Welcome home – to our home, that is! We’ve finally found the house of our dreams and are excited to share it with you. Bring the whole family. We’ve got plenty of room and can’t wait to celebrate with you.
31. Let’s kick off our heels, loosen our ties, and drink to the end of a week and start of a new beginning in our home. We take pleasure in showing off our hard work, but more so in hosting you. Please come and join us!
32. There’s no real way to thank you for all that you’ve done for us, but we’d like to invite you to our housewarming. We’ll provide the gifts! We’ve got a fun evening planned, and we hope you can make it.
33. I’ve always wanted a place to fit in, and now I’ve found it. This is more than just a house to me – it’s what I needed all along. As transformative as this place has been for me, I hope you’ll find some magic in it, too. Please come join me in enjoying it.
34. A house is more than just a place to take your shoes off. It’s a place to belong, and we’d love to have you feel as at home here as we do. All you need to bring is yourself. You’ll be in good company.
35. Celebrate with us by coming to the unveiling of our new home! Many sleepless nights and long days have brought us to this moment, and it wouldn’t mean a thing without you by our sides.
36. A new house is not a home until we can celebrate with our favorite people, so please grace us with your company at our upcoming housewarming. We will be breaking in our kitchen and serving dinner at [time] on [date].
37. Windows are in, walls are painted, and now we’re ready to welcome you for a visit. The theme is Stock the Bar, so do us a favor and bring a bottle or mixer and be ready to help us drink it. See you at [time] on [date].
38. There’s a party going on, but we can’t have it without you. We’re breaking in our new home with a shindig, and we need you to make it complete. Do us the honor of celebrating with us, and bring your whole family.
39. We’re moved in and having a housewarming party! It’s a tiny house with a big heart (and a big backyard) and hardly any furniture. Hope you can come and fill it with memories, laughs, friends, and family. We hope it becomes the first of a tradition of good times together.
40. Please join us for the joyful occasion of christening our new home. It needs a name, and we need you. We can’t wait to see you.
41. With your warmth and laughter, we can turn our new house into our home sweet home. It would be a pleasure to host you at our first party, as one of our nearest and dearest. Please bring the entire family.
42. You’ve become like family to us, and we can’t imagine a home without you in it. To celebrate moving into our new home, we’re having a small gathering of the most important people in our life, and that’s you! Please come and be with us as we create new memories in our special place.
43. Help us make our house a home! We’re having a little party, and we’d love it if you’d join us.
44. It’s a party! And we’ve found the perfect spot. Come to our new house, the new party central to you. Bring a drink. We’ve got the food covered.
45. Your patience and guidance have been immensely helpful while I’ve made these big decisions in my life, so let’s celebrate a new chapter at my housewarming.
46. You’ve always been a good friend to us, and we deeply appreciate it. You’ve welcomed us into your home, now let us return the favor. We’ve moved into our new place and having a housewarming party on [date] from [time] to [time]. Bring the whole family. Come and go, or come and stay…just come!
47. Hip, hip, hooray! We are pretty darn happy that we are in our new house. Now, all we need is you. Come for food, drinks, and fun. Casual attire. The theme is Beers from Around the World, so please bring a couple of 6-packs, and let’s party!
48. It’s hot out there, but cool in our pool! Come and cool down with us at our new digs. Bring your bathing suit, a pool toy, and even a friend. The more the merrier.
49. As our friends you’ve warmed our hearts, now please help us warm our home. There are still a few boxes, and everything’s not yet perfect, but it is overdue to see you all. So please help us celebrate!
50. We’ve finally settled down and bought our first home. We’d love it if you could come to help us celebrate at our housewarming potluck this [time] on [date]. Bring your favorite dish, your family, and your smile. Can’t wait to see you all!
Best Quotes for Your Housewarming Invitation
“There is no place like home.”
L. Frank Baum
“Home is where the heart is.”
Joseph C. Neal
“Home isn’t a place, its a feeling.”
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
“Home is where you feel at home and are treated well.”
“A house is no home unless it contain food and fire for the mind as well as for the body.”
“I believe wherever dreams dwell, the heart calls it home. So may you untangle yourself from the twist of melancholy and ley your thoughts carry you back to the birthplace of your truth.”
“Home is a shelter from storms-all sorts of storms.”
William J. Bennet
“A good home must be made, not bought.”
“Home is where we should feel secure and comfortable.”
“The home should be the treasure chest of living.”
“Home is where you feel loved, appreciated, and safe.”
“There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.”
“Home is where somebody notices when you are no longer there.”
“A home is a kingdom of its own in the midst of the world, a stronghold amid life’s storms and stresses, a refuge, even a sanctuary.”
“The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”
“A home should be a stockade, a refuge from the flaming arrows of anxiety, tension and worry.”
“The ultimate luxury is being able to relax and enjoy your home.”
“Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.”
“Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.”
“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”
“A house is made of brick and mortar, but home is made by the people who live there.”
“I want my home to be that kind of place – a place of sustenance, a place of invitation, a place of welcome.”
“Home should be an anchor, a port in a storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love.”
Marvin J. Ashton
“Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.”
Sarah Ban Breathnach
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.