Below are some thoughtful sympathy messages for the loss of a grandmother to help you find the right words to let someone know you care about them during their time of grieving.
1. While words are not enough, I wanted to express my sympathy for you during this difficult time. It is not easy to lose a family member, especially your grandma. May we celebrate her memory with small gestures, such as playing her favorite song, or visiting a place that was dear to her. My thoughts are with you.
2. Grandma, nana, gran, grandmother. No matter what you called her, she was an extraordinary person in your life. Others may talk about you eventually moving on, that things might be “normal” again one day soon, but I know it is not that easy. The relationship with your grandmother was an important part of your life, and, although the pain will lessen over time, her absence may always be felt. I am here for you, to listen to stories about her and look through old photos, or simply just to be with you to offer you support during this difficult time.
3. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your treasured grandmother. The loss of such a beautiful person is a tremendous burden. I hope you will be able to draw strength and comfort from your cherished memories in this sorrowful time. The beauty of friendship is that we can help bear each other’s burdens. You do not have to carry them alone. Lean on me in these trying days, and let me know how I can help you. I hope you will be surrounded by all the necessary love to pick you up and carry you through this tragic loss.
4. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family as you grieve for your dearly departed grandma. Although everyone grieves in a different way, I hope that you and your family have the chance to share your sorrows and some happy memories. Know that we are here for you should you need anything.
5. I know that your grandmother was such a wonderful person and an integral part of your family. Her loss must be a profound one for your family. She impacted your lives in many ways, and you all are stronger because of her. I trust that you will learn how to cherish her in your hearts, even though she is no longer with you. You will come out the other side better for having known her. My thoughts are with you as you walk through these days of grief.
6. A grandmother is someone we can confide in or rely on for unconditional support. They are a window to the past and the connection to our ancestors. We were incredibly sorry to learn about the passing of your grandmother. She was a woman like no other, and we will remember her always.
7. I send my love and condolences to you and your family at the loss of your grandmother. When I remember your grandmother, I cannot help but think of Shakespeare’s quote, “though she be but little, she is fierce.” Her fierceness was evident in how she guarded you all like a mother lioness. Sorrow can be like a dark cloud, but remember that the sun is still shining behind every dark cloud. In time, your darkness will give way to light. I am here, ready to help you back into the sunshine, call on me.
8. During your unimaginable grief, healing must seem like it is an insurmountable challenge. Take your time, and do not compare yourself to others. Everyone reacts to the loss of a loved one in different ways. Know that your grandma’s presence remains for the rest of your life, through the shared memories of family and friends, and your own unique experiences. Our heartfelt condolences for your loss.
9. There are no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. We do not know how or when such a loss may occur, and grief comes in many ways. Perhaps you will weep inconsolably or laugh at the memory of something funny she did. It is entirely possible that both may occur at the same time. Whatever you feel it is that you need to do to ease your pain, know that we are here to share it with you should you need the comfort of friends.
10. I believe that your grandmother was a remarkable gift to your family. I was so very sorry to hear of her passing. Her life was a testimony of how grace and wisdom come from a life lived to the fullest. In time, your grief will lessen, and you will find joy again through your memories. I know that is not much help to you now, but please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and I am here for you.
11. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother’s passing. I know her loss plumbs the depths of your heart because you loved her deeply. To love and be loved is one of the greatest gifts to humanity. She has gone, but her love remains. Grandmothers are with us for a short time, but their intense love fills us to the brim. Their love is enough to get us through the rest of our lives. I hope her love is your comfort in the challenging days ahead.
12. My heart hurts for you as you grieve the loss of your precious grandmother. She was a beautiful woman inside and out who touched the lives of many. Your sadness will linger a while, but please know it is not forever. The sun will shine again because your grandmother will live on in your heart and memories. Please call if I can help in any way.
13. A loss as significant as this brings many things in its wake, leaving a significant impact socially, mentally, and physically. We may wish that we had done more, or known them better, feeling powerless now that they are gone. Take comfort in doing small things to honor her memory, such as preserving old photos and sharing them with family and friends. Love yourself even more during this time and know that you are enough. We will never have enough time to do everything we would like to do. I am here for you and truly sorry for your loss.
14. I send my deepest condolences to you in the loss of your grandmother. Such a loss is difficult to bear. I hope you find comfort in knowing that she loved and cherished you. She poured all her love into you, so all the beauty she possessed is part of who you are. You carry a piece of her everywhere you go, so her legacy is you. My thoughts are with you.
15. This is just a small note to try to express just how sorry we are for your loss. The departure of a loved one imparts a painful blow, and your beloved grandma is no different. Grandmothers share lasting advice and a love like no other. If you need a shoulder to cry on, or someone to share your grief, know that I am here for you whenever you need me.
16. A grandmother is a force of nature that holds a family together. I know you and your family are feeling the loss of your precious grandmother deeply. As you pass through these days of grief and navigating life without her, I hope all the sweet memories you have will be a comfort to you. You and your family are all in my thoughts.
17. I am sending all my love as you grieve the loss of your cherished grandmother. My hope is that soon you will be able to reflect on memories of her love and find comfort there. Slowly, the comfort will replace your pain because love conquers all. Your grandmother’s life has instilled her strength in you, so I know you will make it. Please call me if you need to talk or need help in any way.
18. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your grandmother. As you go through the grieving process, I hope you find some relief in sharing fond memories with your family and the people who knew her best. The wound is still fresh, but over time the pain will begin to lessen. We are keeping you in our thoughts.
19. It is hard to find words that may offer comfort after the loss of your grandmother. I would like to do something to help ease the burden, such as preparing some meals or running some errands for you. As time goes on, I hope that you find little moments every day where you can stop and remember her fondly.
20. Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your grandmother. Your grief right now may seem like it is more than you can bear, but you will get through this loss. Please know that I am here for you, so call me if you need anything.
21. I am so deeply sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. I wish we lived closer so I could be there for you. My heart aches because I know what a special woman she was. She brought so much joy and love into the lives of others. I hope that the pain you feel at her passing is soon replaced with rejoicing in the love you shared. You are always in my thoughts.
22. Grandmothers have been a part of our lives since birth, so it is only natural that their loss is profound. My thoughts are with you as you work through this difficult time. All the memories and love you once had are not gone. They will be yours to treasure for the rest of your life. I hope they bring you comfort as you walk through these challenging days. My thoughts are with you and your family.
23. A lot of our earliest childhood memories center around a precious grandmother. Your grandmother was a special woman who will be missed by many. She is someone who will live on in your memories. With time, the joy of knowing her will replace your grief. You will be able to rejoice because you had her in your life. Please know that I am here for you as you pass through this difficult time.
24. Grandmothers are often the glue that holds various pieces of our family together. Even though her passing leaves us in desolation, perhaps assuming her role in your family may provide some comfort. Gathering family and friends is a chance to share your grief, as well as happy memories. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss and am here to offer whatever support you should need.
25. A grandmother is a unique gift given to us to ensure we feel loved and supported. She is a person in our lives who looks after us, teaches us many things, and loves and cares for us. There is something rare about the relationship between a grandmother and grandchild, each relationship special. Our condolences on the loss of your grandmother. She was a magnificent woman.
26. I was so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious grandmother. I know you will cry many tears as you learn to live without her. I would like to think that each tear that falls results from the love she poured out on you. You miss her because she loved and cherished you. I hope that you will find comfort in the life you shared with her. In time, all the beautiful memories will replace your tears.
27. A window to the past, and a collection of family stories that could come from no one else. These are just some of the beautiful things our grandmothers share with us. There are no words to express just how sorry I am for your loss. I am thinking of you constantly during this difficult time. Please call or text if you want to talk or need a hug.
28. I was sorry to learn about the passing of your grandma. Although I did not know her well, from the stories you have told me, your relationship was special. Grandparents often know us better than our parents, and they always seem to have a little something for their grandchildren. These small things leave a lasting impact on our lives. I am here for you should you need anything at all.
29. The passing of a loved one is one of the biggest hardships we can face in our lifetime. I am sorry to learn that your grandmother has died. Let the memory of her live on in simple but meaningful ways, such as listening to her favorite song or preparing a signature recipe. I am here to offer whatever comfort or help you need during this difficult time. I am a [text/phone call] away.
30. The passing of a grandmother leaves in its wake the loss of a connection to our own familial history. They tell us stories of those who came before us or collect interesting things from days passed. They often have funny stories to tell us about our own parents, allowing us to see them in a more “human” light. Words cannot express just how sorry I am for your loss.
31. The loss of your grandmother is profound. The loss of anyone dear to us is hard. However, I think the bonds we share with our grandmothers are powerful, so the loss is more heartfelt. As you grieve the loss of your grandmother, my thoughts are with you. I hope you will find solace in all your beautiful memories. I will keep you close in my heart and thoughts.
32. It is hard to find the words to express my sympathies to you after the passing of your dear grandmother. May you find peace in remembering the moments you shared and in knowing that although she is gone, she will never be forgotten. I am thinking of you.
33. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. Her absence creates a void, and we are left to grieve the loss of a beautiful part of our lives. You will pass through these sad days and come out on the other side in victory because she instilled her strength into you. You have my deepest condolences and support. Please call if you need me.
34. The departure of a loved one is full of sorrow and sadness. We are left wondering how we should respond, what we can do to ease our own pain as well as the pain of others. I hope that you take comfort in some of the wonderful memories that you have of your grandma, whether it be the sound of her laughter or a funny phrase she would use. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
35. Your grandmother’s passing has touched me deeply. She was such a beautiful spirit, and it is hard to imagine a life without her in it. She had a unique way of touching others wherever she went, and her loss will be felt by many. She made it her life’s work to pour her wisdom and grace into your life, so through you, her love and beauty will shine on. As you grieve her loss, know that I am thinking of you, and I am here for you.
36. It is hard to imagine life without your grandmother. My heart aches at her loss. She was such a bright light, which brought hope to many living in darkness. As you learn to navigate life without her, you have my deepest sympathy and love. May you find comfort in knowing that a part of her lives on in you and me. In time, the memories of her beautiful love will replace your pain, and you will emerge stronger than before.
37. Your grandmother lived a life full of surprises and had a spirit that drew all the attention in the room. Her magnetic personality and ability to care deeply for others allowed her to cultivate many lasting relationships. We will remember her always and wish to offer you our heartfelt sympathies. May her spirit live on in you.
38. My thoughts are with you all as you deal with the sorrow of your grandmother’s loss. Grandmothers are a beautiful gift given to humanity to grace our lives with wisdom, strength, and love. As you walk through this challenging time, I hope you will find comfort in your precious memories of a life shared with her. She impressed so much of herself in you, so I know that you will always see glimpses of her in your words and actions as you walk through this life.
39. I was so sad to hear of the loss of your precious grandmother. What a bright spot she was in the lives of us all. My family and I will also miss her. I will always remember her sense of humor and the never-ending supply of hugs. May you feel my love and support as you walk through your grieving process. I am only a phone call away if you need me.
40. Grandmothers are different from our parents. They are allies, often taking our side when we need it, welcoming us with their loving embrace. Their homes can be magical places, full of treasures to be explored. Please accept my sincerest condolences on the passing of your grandmother. She was a remarkable woman.
41. Grandmothers stay with us for a time, but they remain in our hearts for a lifetime. I was sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother. I hope that remembering her laughter and love will be a great comfort to you as you grieve her loss. My heart also feels her loss because she was kind and loving to me, as if I were her grandchild. I hope you are surrounded by much love in these challenging days as we all walk through this together.
42. These days, I have been thinking about the loss of your grandmother and the struggle it must be your family. Indeed, it is a heartbreaking loss for everyone who knew her. She was a powerful example of how goodness affects the world around a person. Her goodness and love changed so many lives. So much so, I am confident we will see the results of her actions for generations to come. As your friend, I am sharing in your sorrow and sending you all my love.
43. After the passing of your grandma, I wanted you to know that her memory will be kept in our precious memories. Every time we gather for a celebration, her absence will be noted. Although it will be sad, it is a chance to honor her memory. I am sending all my sympathies to you during this difficult time.
44. Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Your grandmother was a testimony to the importance of love and kindness in our world. You should be very proud of the legacy she has left behind. I hope that the love of family and friends will comfort you as you work through her loss. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you in this trying time.
45. Your grandma lived a long and fulfilling life. Although this may not ease your suffering, in time, you will come to appreciate just how much that means. May you remember her always and reminisce as much as is bearable. My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
46. I offer my heartfelt sympathy to you in the loss of your beloved grandmother. She was everything a grandmother should be: warm, loving, and encouraging. The loss of her support will shake your world for a while. Do not worry, you will find what you need to make it through, and you will emerge stronger. May your beautiful memories sustain you, and the love of friends and family cover you.
47. With a patience that comes with experience and age, grandmas share many things with their grandchildren. The dynamics of your family may change now that she has passed, but know that her memory will live on in you. May we all live a long and fulfilling life just as your grandma did. Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
48. Your grandmother was amazing. She always had a smiling and kind face and was an integral part of your support system. There was always something distinct about your relationship, something difficult to define, your bond with her unparalleled. My deepest condolences to you and your family during this challenging time.
49. Each life has its purpose on this earth, and your grandmother’s purpose must have been to spread love and wisdom to everyone she met. When I needed someone to talk to, she was always there for me even though she was not my grandmother. She was the wisest person I have ever known. Her love and wisdom will live on in each one of us. I hope that her wisdom speaks to you from the depths of your sorrow and turns your pain into comfort.
50. The passing of your grandmother is an aching wound that has deeply impacted you and your family. I am sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you and your family can come together to share your sadness, your burdens, and your joyous memories. May each of you give and receive comfort from one another.
Best Quotes for Your Sympathy Message for the Loss of a Grandmother
“Life has to end. Love doesn’t.”
“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”
Winnie the Pooh
“On this bald hill the new year hones its edge. Faceless and pale as china, the round sky goes on minding its business. Your absence is inconspicuous; nobody can tell what I lack.”
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.”
“People touch our lives if only for a moment, And yet we’re not the same from that moment on, The time is not important, The moment is forever.”
“Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.”
“Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…”
Alfred Lord Tennyson
“The dead never truly die. They simply change form.”
“No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.”
“I’ll be seeing you / In all the old familiar places / That this heart of mine embraces / All day and through.”
“He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.”
“Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.”
Sir Walter Scott
“You gave me a forever within the numbered days.”
“We do not have to rely on memories to recapture the spirit of those we have loved and lost – they live within our souls in some perfect sanctuary which even death cannot destroy.”
“They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.”
“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.”
“We need never be afraid of our tears.”
“Say not in grief that they are gone, but give thanks that they were yours.”
“Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.”
Alphonse de Lamartine
“What is lovely never dies, But passes into other loveliness.”
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
“A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.”
“Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.”
Henry David Thoreau
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.”
“Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.”
“In the gardens of memory, the palaces of dreams, this is where we will meet.”
Alice Through the Looking Glass
“As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.”
Best Bible Verses for Your Sympathy Message for the Loss of a Grandmother
To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Corinthians 15:54
When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 Corinthians 15:20
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Corinthians 15:51
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.”
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.
1 Thessalonians 4:15
For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:42
So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
The below infographic provides a guide to cremation burials and ceremonials. Traditionally, a viewing of the casket is performed, followed by a personal and religious ceremony. A cremation is done, and then the remains are presented to the family. Sometimes, non-ceremonial cremations are done where no viewing is performed and the remains are just presented. A scattering or urn is used, based on the wishes of the deceased.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.