Here are “Happy Mother’s Day” messages for friends that you can use or customize to make a mother you know feel special.
1. This Mother’s Day, no present or celebration could be enough to show how appreciated you are. No spa is relaxing enough, no bouquet is big or bright enough, no homemade gift is special enough. You are a one-of-a-kind mom, and you deserve the best Mother’s Day ever! Happy Mother’s Day, my dear friend!
2. Teacher, confidant, friend, problem-solver, Band-Aid-applier, lunch-maker, tear-wiper…As a mother, you play so many different roles for your kids. Somehow, you excel in all of them! You are exactly what being an extraordinary mom is all about. Happy Mother’s Day!
3. I know motherhood isn’t always easy. This Mother’s Day, I want to tell you a couple of things: You are good enough. You are loved. You are doing a great job, even if it doesn’t always feel like it. You’re an amazing mom, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Happy Mother’s Day, dear friend.
4. Fun used to be a late night with a few bottles. You must be having such a great time since I hear you’re often up at 3 am with at least four bottles each night. Oh, right, too bad, those bottles contain milk. Have a great Mother’s Day, and I hope your sleep thief grants you a few hours of rest.
5. Before motherhood, things were very different, like you were able to wear clothes that stayed clean for longer than an hour, drink coffee that was actually hot, and go to the bathroom with some privacy. Watching you grow into a mother and conquer each day with calm confidence has been wonderful. You could write the book on motherhood. Happy Mother’s Day.
6. Back when you were young, your mother was there for you, helping you through your little stumbles, sharing your triumphs, and growing you into the woman you are today. I’ve watched you become a mom and I’ve seen you rise to every challenge that’s come your way. I’ve seen you bring love and joy to your family and heroically keep your sense of humor throughout it all. You are an inspiration and a role model to me, to your family, and to moms everywhere. Happy Mother’s Day, dear friend.
7. Being a mom is the hardest job in the world. You have to be vulnerable but strong. You have to act quickly but be patient. Be kind, but firm. Seeing how you have blossomed into a new version of yourself through your journey into motherhood has been a beautiful story to watch. You have all my admiration. Happy Mother’s Day, my dear friend.
8. You should know on this Mother’s Day and every other day that you are enough, more than enough. You are a powerhouse. And your inner strength is unstoppable. Sometimes we lose sight of our qualities in the depths of motherhood, but I see you, and I’m here to let you know you’re the best. Happy Mother’s Day!
9. Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter…There’s lots to celebrate throughout the year, but there’s nothing quite as special as Mother’s Day. This is a day to appreciate the ones that work the hardest: moms like you! If only it could be Mother’s Day every day. Celebrate your day. You deserve it!
10. I have seen you be a friend, a sister, a wife, and now a mother. In each and every role, you have been caring and compassionate, and you have been patient and kind. My wish for you is to take some quiet time, listen to the silence, breathe in with purpose, and be proud of the gift you are to so many of us. You are irreplaceable. Happy Mother’s Day.
11. What is motherhood? For one thing, it’s a time when a trip to the dentist feels like a spa day. Happy Mother’s Day, my friend. I hope we can catch up soon and have a day that is better than going to the dentist!
12. Being a mom means saying, “wow, that’s amazing” around 100 times a day without really meaning it. This Mother’s Day, I am saying, “wow, that’s amazing” to you, and I mean it. You are a great mom. Happy Mother’s Day.
13. Watching you with your kids is an inspiration for me. Thank you for all the tips that make motherhood more manageable and take this Mother’s Day for yourself! You deserve it. Happy Mother’s Day.
14. I’ve watched you go through nights with no sleep, days with no quiet, and weeks without time to yourself. Every time I look at you, I think of how amazing it is to watch you be a mom. You’re a superhero! Take Mother’s Day to make sure you do something wonderful for yourself. Happy Mother’s Day.
15. There are lots of hard jobs out there, but nothing quite compares to being a mom. You’re working 24/7 and there’s no paid vacation! Knowing you and your extraordinary kids, it’s all worth it. Happy Mother’s Day!
16. After all the sleepless nights that come with being a mom, I hope your family gives you a well-deserved rest this Mother’s Day. Your family really has no idea how much you do and would be lost without you. You are simply irreplaceable. Happy Mother’s Day!
17. [Name], Happy Mother’s Day. I had hoped to help your kids make something useful and thoughtful for you to mark the occasion, but unfortunately, there wasn’t enough room for a vineyard. Enjoy your macaroni picture instead!
18. Wishing you a Mother’s Day full of giggles and love from your little ones. Oh, and hopefully some wine and chocolate too, because we both know that’s the secret to a mom’s heart! Happy Mother’s Day!
19. Happy Mother’s Day. Of all the days of the year, this is your one day to relax and perhaps even get to use the bathroom by yourself. Enjoy your alone time!
20. The way your kids run to you and crave being next to you is one of the most beautiful things on this planet. Every day, you show them how to be kind, be brave, and spread joy everywhere they go. You’re such a good teacher – not just to them, but to me, too. I hope you have a relaxing Mother’s Day.
21. Do you remember when leaving the house took a couple of minutes? Now it takes two bags, four toilet trips, and a cold cup of coffee, but no one makes it look as effortless as you. Happy Mother’s Day, my friend.
22. It is Mother’s Day, so today you are allowed to use, “ask your Dad” as many times as you want. Take advantage of it and enjoy your special day.
23. Watching your kids grow has been a pleasure, but watching you grow as a mother has been even better (hey, I can rhyme!). You began motherhood afraid and unsure, and now you’ve blossomed into the best mom I know. Happy Mother’s Day!
24. My dearest friend, you have been a true friend to me for so many years. This Mother’s Day, I wanted to let you know that watching you grow into a mom has been a gift to me. Your happy and adorable children are a great achievement and a credit to all the hard work you have poured into making their lives healthy and full of love. Happy Mother’s Day, my friend.
25. Superheroes come in many forms, and a mom is definitely one of them. My dear friend, you should know that the way your children look at you is the way someone looks at a superhero (because you are). Happy Mother’s Day. You really are [name’s and name’s] whole world.
26. Motherhood: when a good day means you managed to change out of your pajamas. Today, wear them all day, guilt-free. You deserve it. Happy Mother’s Day.
27. Without you to look up to, I wouldn’t be the mom I am today. You’ve taught me so much. You’ve been my shoulder to cry on, you’ve helped me solve big problems, you’ve helped me become someone I never thought I could. Happy Mother’s Day to my partner-in-crime!
28. Being a mother is such a gift. Isn’t it incredible to think of the life you brought into the world? I have watched you be nurturing and caring, and be selfless and strong. Please know I am so proud of you, and I am constantly in awe of your strength and resolve. Happy Mother’s Day, to my best friend and most courageous mom I know.
29. Throughout your life, you’ve traveled the world, you’ve tried new things, and you’ve made new friends. But nothing is quite like the adventure of becoming a mom! You’re reaching new heights with unmatched courage. I am so proud of you and your journey through motherhood. Happy Mother’s Day to you.
30. As children, you were the nurturing one who cared and who was always ready to help others. You were destined to be the most beautiful mother, and I want you to know that everyone sees the incredible job you are doing raising [name or names]. This is your day fully appreciate all that you have done for your [child/children] and the powerful and devoted person you are. Happy Mother’s Day.
31. Nothing can prepare you for being a mom. That’s why I’m so in awe of you. Without a handbook or fancy instructions, you’ve transformed into a strong, caring, determined woman. Happy Mother’s Day!
32. Happy Mother’s Day, my friend. Enjoy this one because your little one is following in your footsteps, and I remember your teenage years!
33. [Name], you are selfless, kind, and patient. You put everyone else first and always ensure everyone else is looked after. I see you do this day after day. Today, I want to let you know that I have so much respect for you, my friend. Have a truly happy and relaxing Mother’s Day.
34. Who knew that being a mother would mean taking on so many jobs! Teacher, police officer, cook, and janitor, just to name a few. I don’t know anyone that can do so much, so well. I hope you treat yourself very special today. Happy Mother’s Day.
35. Mother’s Day is about more than just breakfast in bed and bouquets of flowers. It’s about appreciating the hard work that you do every single day, so often unnoticed or insufficiently appreciated. No gift is greater than moms like you. Happy Mother’s Day!
36. Motherhood has lots of ups and downs, and I feel so lucky to have been through them by your side. We’ve been scared together, we’ve cried together, we’ve laughed together. Without your advice, I wouldn’t be here today. You’re such a fantastic mom, not just to your kids, but to me, too! Happy Mother’s Day.
37. As your kids get older and form their own relationships, they’ll know exactly what pure, unconditional love looks like – because they got it from you. You’ve made sacrifices that some people wouldn’t even dream of. Happy Mother’s Day to a very special mom.
38. You have the kindest heart and the warmest soul, my dear friend. These qualities shine through and make you a fantastic mother. Happy Mother’s Day. I hope it is filled with joy, love, and laughter.
39. One day of the year could never be enough to appreciate a mom like you. Not just on Mother’s Day, but every day, I’m thinking of you and how hard you work to care for your children. One day, they will know how lucky they are. Until then, take it from me, they are very lucky children. Have a very Happy Mother’s Day.
40. Being a mom is like having a to-do list that never ends: get groceries, pick up the kids from school, feed the kids, do the dishes, do the laundry, and then repeat. I’ve never seen anyone go through it with such grace and ease as you! Happy Mother’s Day to the mom I admire most.
41. To a great mom and a great friend: Happy Mother’s Day. Everything you do seems superhuman, although I know there are lots of difficult moments. I feel fortunate to be with you through this precious journey. Happy Mother’s Day!
42. Your kids are fortunate to grow up with a mom like you by their side. You’ve created the perfect balance between friend and mother. Every lesson you’ve taught your kids is so valuable that I’ve ended up learning from you, too. Happy Mother’s Day.
43. Motherhood is a rollercoaster: there are peaks, and then there are times where it feels like everything is going way too fast. Sometimes it’s scary, and sometimes it’s the best feeling in the world. I’m so happy to be on this rollercoaster beside you, screaming together! Happy Mother’s Day.
44. Whether your kids are one year old, ten years old, twenty years old, or fifty, you’ll always be their mother. You’ll be there for them when they’re hurt, when they’re happy, and when they’re scared. You’ll nourish them with kindness, love and comfort. They’re evolving through life with the greatest mentor in the world: you. Happy Mother’s Day!
45. Every day is a new adventure when you’re raising a family, and I know we wouldn’t trade it for the world. Happy Mother’s Day to a strong and beautiful mom. You’re the best!
46. I’m here to remind you that you’re doing an amazing job and you deserve the utmost admiration for your resilience and strength. Happy Mother’s Day to a rockstar mom!
47. On our special day, from mom to mom, I want you to know that you are appreciated, loved, and valued. All your efforts are noticed, and let me tell you, they’re magnificent! Happy Mother’s Day, my dear friend.
48. Mothers are fearlessly loving, devoted, and unconditionally generous. Even on the tough days, remember that these qualities are within you all the time. Happy Mother’s Day!
49. Witnessing the love you have for your kids has been a joy for me – to see how you love unconditionally and endlessly is amazing. There are many ways to say “thank you” for everything you do, but I’ll throw in a Happy Mother’s Day as well!
50. There’s no warm and fuzzy feeling that can top the experience of motherhood, and to see you with your kids gives me just that. Wishing you all the love in the world, and a Happy Mother’s Day.
51. You’ve accomplished so much by starting a family and devoting yourself to your kids every single day. If anyone deserves a break today, it’s you, so Happy Mother’s Day!
52. Having kids is a sacrifice not everyone is willing to make, but you and I know that seeing them flourish makes it all worthwhile. On this Mother’s Day, I hope you can laugh, relax, and get pampered! Happy Mother’s Day.
53. Motherhood means adopting many roles, as you know, but sometimes we need to shake them off and relax back into ourselves (if we still remember what that means!). I hope you have some time to rest and recuperate this Mother’s Day.
54. During both the good times and tough times in motherhood, we wear our hearts on our sleeves. I can see that yours is loving and kind, and that you deserve the best Mother’s Day these little rascals can offer. And if they can’t, you and I will escape and have a make-up day for Mother’s Day where it is a girls’ night out! Happy Mother’s Day.
55. As a mother, we have to plan ahead and pick our battles every single day. But I hope on this Mother’s Day you enjoy some well-deserved peace and pampering. Happy Mother’s Day!
56. I am so proud of you for being such an incredible mother. It is a joy to witness your journey through parenthood. Your patience, kindness, and love are apparent in everything you do for your family. Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful friend.
57. We both know that motherhood is priceless, and we wouldn’t trade it for the world. In fact, watching you develop into a fearless mom shows me what I one day hope to be capable of – so here’s to you on this Mother’s Day.
58. There have been many days that I wanted to tear my hair out because motherhood just does that to you. But having you by my side, cheering me on, has been so helpful. Thank you infinitely, and Happy Mother’s Day.
59. Being a superhero every day can be exhausting, but oh so rewarding. Remember that you’re human and need to rest, especially today. Happy Mother’s Day to one of the most superwomen I know!
60. A mother is a whisper that can be heard by those who need to hear it. She shares support and love; she encourages and motivates. A mother is a listening ear, hanging on every word, so patient and kind. A mother is a cheerleader, heard by all, brimming with pride. A mother is a song, beautiful and pure. You are all of these things, my friend. Happy Mother’s Day.
Best Quotes for Your Happy Mother’s Day Message to Your Friend
“I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.”
“There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.”
Elder M. Russell Ballard
“An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.”
“It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?”
“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
“There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother.”
Boyd K. Packer
“Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.”
“Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”
“Women bring with them into the world a certain virtue, a divine gift that makes them adept at instilling such qualities as faith, courage, empathy, and refinement in relationships and in cultures.”
D. Todd Christofferson
“My mother said to me, ‘If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.’ Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.”
“It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.”
The Golden Girls
“Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.”
“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”
“A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.”
Dorothy Canfield Fisher
“Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.”
“Women know the way to rear up children (to be just). They know a simple, merry, tender knack of tying sashes, fitting baby-shoes, and stringing pretty words that make no sense. And kissing full sense into empty words.”
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
“The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.”
“Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.”
“Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.”
“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
“A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.”
“I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.”
“Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.”
Reverend Billy Graham
“My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.”
“To be a mother is by no means second class. Men may have the authority in the home, but the women have the influence. The mother, more than the father, is the one who molds and shapes those little lives from day one.”
“Yes, Mother. I can see you are flawed. You have not hidden it. That is your greatest gift to me.”
“The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”
“Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.”
“You are evidence of your mother’s strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.”
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”
“When Eve was brought unto Adam, he became filled with the Holy Spirit, and gave her the most sanctified, the most glorious of appellations. He called her Eve, that is to say, the Mother of All. He did not style her wife, but simply mother, mother of all living creatures. In this consists the glory and the most precious ornament of woman.”
“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”
“Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
“Compassion is like mother giving love to her children. Mother’s ways are higher than others, even when everyone rejects, mother accepts with her arms open and wide.”
“Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.”
“A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.”
“A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.”
“Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.”
Robert A. Heinlein
“My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.”
“I ask you, what good is a big picture window and the lavish appointments and a priceless decor in a home if there is no mother there?”
Spencer W. Kimball
“Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”
The below infographic provides a detailed look at the most popular gifts purchased on Mother’s Day and the average amount spent. Approximately 17% of males plan to spend more this year on their mothers, compared to about 12% of females.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.