Here are some holiday “thank you” messages that are perfect examples of what to say to thank someone for their friendship and support.
1. This has been a crazy year, and I haven’t seen anywhere near as much of you as I would have liked. But I think of you every day and am so grateful for all the times we have been able to catch up by phone and video chat. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and can’t wait to see you again in real life!
2. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I hope you have a happy and festive holiday season, filled with singing, dancing, laughter, and all the things that make you smile.
3. Thank you for all the times you have been there for me this year with a hug or a willing ear. I hope you have the merriest of times over these Christmas and New Year holidays.
4. Thanks for being the person who pushes me to be the best I can be, and for making me believe in my dreams again. You deserve joy and happiness these holidays, and I hope you receive that and so much more.
5. Your energy and love for life are simply irresistible, and I am delighted that you have infected me with your happiness. I know you will be having a wonderful holiday, but I wanted to say thanks, and I wish you the greatest joy and success for the new year.
6. Thank you for being there to stop me from doing stupid things and to catch me when I fall. I don’t know what I would do without your friendship. This holiday season, I wish you happiness, good health…and that you are ready to go out and make some trouble with me soon! Happy holidays!
7. At this time of the year, I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and am grateful every day that I have you as a friend. Wishing you and your family the happiest of holidays.
8. Happy holidays! I hope your new year is full of bright promise, just like you. Thank you for being a true friend and a fantastic lunch and coffee companion.
9. I hope your holidays are bright and merry, your stockings are stuffed, and your home is full of love and laughter. Thanks for being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on.
10. Thank you for helping me get out of my comfort zone this year. I have never had so much fun! I know you are planning to spend these holidays with those you love, and I hope you have a wonderful time.
11. I am so grateful to have you as a friend. I always know I can rely on you to make me laugh and pick me up when I’m feeling down. Happy holidays and an even happier new year.
12. Thank you for everything you do for me and for our whole family. You truly are a wonderful person, and we can’t wait to share some of these holidays with you. Until then, have a fantastic time with those you love.
13. As I write this, I just know you will be filling your house with fantastic decorations and the irresistible smells of home-baked cookies. No one does Christmas quite as well as you. I treasure our friendship, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
14. Thank you for your kindness and support this year. Your words and simple gestures like texting me for a quick chat or meeting for coffee helped me more than you will ever know. I hope your holidays are festive and full of love and happiness.
15. I am so glad that we met! You have helped me learn to take each day as it comes and to find happiness and beauty in even the smallest things. Happy holidays to you and your family.
16. Thank you for always being there for me. I can’t tell you how much your friendship means. I hope you have joy and love and happiness over these holidays and into the new year.
17. At this magical time of year, I just wanted to say thank you for being such a wonderful person. Your warmth, generosity, and kindness have touched my life, and I hope you have a joyful holiday season.
18. Thank you for always being there with your laughter, your smile, your wise words of advice, and a helping hand. Wishing you the happiest of holiday seasons.
19. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. May the new year bring you all the things you have been working so hard to achieve and the success you deserve. Thank you for being such a great friend and an inspiration.
20. Thank you for filling my weeks and months this year with laughter and adventure. Life with you as a friend is never dull, and I hope you have a wildly enjoyable holiday season with your family.
21. I hope your holidays and new year sparkle with happiness and joy, just like I feel whenever I spend time with you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.
22. This winter season, I hope that you are ready for Santa to visit you because you are very deserving of his gifts. You have been my shoulder to cry on, my brain to pick, and my helping hand. I wish you the absolute best of holidays and thank you sincerely for your friendship.
23. Happiest of holidays to you, my dearest friend. Thank you for sharing so many incredible adventures with me this year. I can’t wait to get together to start planning new escapades for the new year.
24. Thank you for the chats, the movie outings, the helpful relationship advice, and for all the laughs. You are an incredible friend, and I hope your holiday season is as wonderful as you.
25. Thanks for helping keep me sane during all the craziness of this past year. I’m not sure how I would have coped without your funny posts and knowing I could always reach out to you and hear your voice. Have the happiest of holidays, my friend, and I look forward to seeing you in the new year.
26. Thank you for giving me one of the greatest treasures of my life, your friendship. I feel like the richest person in the world simply from knowing you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday with your family and the new year brings you great success.
27. Thank you for another year packed full of shared and wonderful memories. I wish you and your family great joy and happiness during this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
28. The winter holidays are the perfect time to gather around the Christmas tree with our family and friends and exchange not only gifts but also joy and heartfelt wishes. My heartfelt wish is for you to have a fantastic holiday and a Happy New Year. Thank you for being such a good friend to me all year long.
29. My friend, this winter, I hope that the jolliest of holidays brings you and your family together. I thank you for being someone who is always there for me in my life, and I hope you truly enjoy all that this festive holiday season has to offer.
30. There is no friend that I hold closer to my heart than you, and I want to thank you for being such a priceless treasure in my life. I wish you cheerful days full of wonder, love, and joy with your loved ones this holiday season. I look forward to seeing you soon!
31. On this most glorious of celebrations, may you and your family enjoy a wonderful Christmas together. I hope Santa rewards you for being my rock this past year by showering you with gifts and granting all your wishes. Thank you, my friend.
32. They say that we are truly lucky in this life if we have even one real friend. Because of you, I am truly lucky. May this Christmas be white and shower down gifts and good wishes upon you and those closest to your heart. My dearest friend, I wish you a fabulous winter celebration and a Happy New Year.
33. In case you are wondering, I am thankful for our friendship every day of my life. Life gets crazy, and I don’t always reach out, but just knowing you are there makes all the difference. You are very special to me, and I thank you. May the end of this year bring you an unforgettable holiday season, filled with happiness, good cheer, and peace in your heart. I can’t wait to catch up soon.
34. When I think back on the last year, what I am most thankful for is our friendship. Thank you so much for being there for me, dropping what you are doing to listen or help. You mean everything to me, dear friend. I wish you and your family a most memorable winter holiday, filled with love, cheer, and many gifts. Warmest wishes and a Happy New Year!
35. May this season of joy and cheer bring Santa to your home, and may he shower you with the gifts of love and peace. You certainly deserve it for being such an angel in my life, transforming my world into one of warmth and love. Wishing you a joyous winter season and Happy New Year!
36. The end of the year is the perfect reason to celebrate all that you have achieved in the last 12 months, and to give thanks for those people who have made it all possible. You have made this last year possible for me. You have anchored me when I needed it, and also supported me and held me up when that was what I needed. Thank you. I am so grateful for you. May your holidays be bright and full of wonder.
37. As we are reaching the end of this year, I look back in gratitude for our friendship and am excited about planning new adventures together in the coming year. For all the good things still to come, a Happy New Year!
38. Yet another year has passed, and with the joyous winter celebrations knocking on our doors, my hope for you is that your holiday season is warm, calm, and restful. You have worked so hard and juggled so much this year, and somehow still had time to be a tremendous friend to me. Thank you for always being there, and enjoy the holidays!
39. We wish we were there to celebrate this memorable holiday together, but we want you to know that you are in our hearts and thoughts, and we wish you a magical Christmas and a Happy New Year!
40. To [name], Santa’s favorite elf, I know you’ve been good this year. You’ve been a selfless friend, always willing to help and eager to comfort. Thank you so much for giving me the gift of friendship all year long, and I hope you receive many magical gifts as well this wonderful holiday season!
41. [Name], happy winter holidays, and I hope you enjoy all the joy and good tidings this magical season has to offer. Because of our friendship and who you are, you have already made Christmas come for me every day this year. Thank you.
42. The most awaited celebration is here to put a smile on your face, just like you have put a smile on my face all year long. Thank you for being my absolute best friend in the whole wide world. Happy holidays, bestie!
43. The true nature of Christmas is kindness, and friends like you make it Christmas 365 days of the year. Thank you for bringing such joy to my life. Happy winter holidays!
44. I hope Santa brings us cash this year so we can go out and tear up the town together. But seriously, I want to thank you for being someone who makes my life better just by being there. I hope you have the best of holidays, and let’s have some fun soon!
45. There are no words to truly express how important your friendship is in my life. Thank you for believing in me, talking with me, and always being ready to help. I hope the brightness of joy and peace fills your heart and home this festive season. Enjoy these magical winter holidays together with your loved ones.
46. There is no better time of year than the winter holidays to wish your loved ones joy, so I wish you joy, but also want to thank you. Through thick and thin, you have been there for me. I have never doubted the true friend I have in you. Thank you for that gift, and happy holidays to you and your family.
47. [Name], thank you for supporting me and listening to me as I work through so much that has been going on in my life. Thank you for always being at the other end of the phone and never getting sick of my issues. I am so grateful that I have you to go through this life with. It means the world to me. Happy holidays, my dear friend.
48. I know I’m a little weird and have a lot going on, so thank you for sticking by me and pretending that I’m normal. It gives me the stability I need in my life – that constant force – to know you are there for me and never judge me. I can be who I am, and I couldn’t be more thankful for your friendship. You are my Christmas magic every day of the year. Happy winter holidays and a Happy New Year.
49. Just like your friendship has given me unforgettable comfort and joy, may this year’s winter holiday be unforgettable and joyous for you in all ways possible. May you hold your loved ones close, sharing sweet moments and smiles. You are my friend for life.
50. Leave all your worries on the doorstep and open your heart to the joy and cheer that Christmas has to offer and share it with your loved ones, now and always. You are an unforgettable friend, and I hope you have an unforgettable holiday!
Best Holiday “Thank You” Quotes
“It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.”
“Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.”
Jean de la Fontaine
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
“It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.”
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
Winnie the Pooh
“Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.”
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
“A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
“A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.”
“A true friend encourages us, comforts us, supports us like a big easy chair, offering us a safe refuge from the world.”
H. Jackson Brown
“Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”
Woodrow T. Wilson
“He who endures penance and hardships for another delights in that person’s company.”
Malik Muhammad Jayasi
“A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.”
“A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”
Arnold H. Glasgow
“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”
“There are moments in life when all that we can bear is the sense that our friend is near us; our wounds would wince at consoling words that would reveal the depths of our pain.”
Honore de Balzac
“Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.”
“Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth, wanting ten times more to tell you a loving lie.”
“Awards become corroded. Friends gather no dust.”
“One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.”
“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”
“No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend until he is unhappy.”
“A friend shares the good times and helps out by listening during the bad times.”
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.”
John Churton Collins
“What is a friend? I will tell you…it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.”
“True friends are those who really know you but love you anyway.”
“A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.”
“Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.”
“You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.”
Laurence J. Peter
“Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”
“Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.”
“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”
“There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.”
Katharine Butler Hathaway
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
“A cheer, then, for the noble breast that fears not danger’s post; And like the lifeboat, proves a friend, When friends are wanted most.”
“Friendship, of itself a holy tie, is made more sacred by adversity.”
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
“I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.”
“Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.”
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”
Arnold H. Glasgow
“Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words.”
“Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.”
“Adversity not only draws people together, but brings forth that beautiful inward friendship.”
“A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.”
Frances Ward Weller
“A friend in need is a friend indeed.”
“Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them.”
“As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity.”
“True friendship is never serene.”
Marie de Rabutin-Chantal
The below infographic provides an interesting comparison of how Christmas is celebrated around the world. The tradition of Santa Claus started in the 1860s in the United States, and many other customs and traditions occur elsewhere. In Italy, Christmas goes on for three weeks, filled with gifts, singing, and celebration. Some countries have similar practices with different names and stories attached to their customs and traditions.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.