Various types of Christmas dinner traditions exist around the globe. For planning your own unique Christmas dinner, the following invitation wording ideas give you a variety of styles to choose from. Choose one to add your own special touch to the standard basics of the date, time and location.
1. Come to our lane where the snow is glistening, and into our winter wonderland for a delicious Christmas dinner among your friends. Be ready to toast to the end of 2020, toast Christmas, and toast in 2021 (and leave 2020 in the dust)!
2. As this year draws to an end, we would like to request the presence of family and friends at a celebratory Christmas dinner. Toast to this holiday season and reminisce about the many that have come before. Share in the magic of Christmas and help us create wonderful new memories.
3. Let the Christmas lights shine and the tinsel twinkle! This Christmas, we’d like to invite you to our dinner party on Christmas Day. Come celebrate Christmas and the coming New Year with us.
4. Whether you want to be sipping eggnog by the fire, at the table, or under the mistletoe, we want to do it with you. Join us for Christmas dinner and bring your Christmas spirit!
5. There will be music, mirth, stories, and we will dance the night away. Join us for a Christmas party, a celebration of the holiday season. Share delightful experiences with us and rejoice!
6. The festive season is merry and bright. Join us for an evening of wonder and delight! There will be food and drink for everyone. So come one, come all, and have some fun!
7. ‘Tis the season to be jolly and gather with those we love. Let us take this time to reunite, sharing happiness and spreading joy. Join us for a special dinner feast to celebrate the arrival of Christmas.
8. A tree all lit-up, stockings hung with care. We are all set for our Christmas dinner and all that is missing is you! Give us the gift of your presence and share a cup of cheer. Words cannot express just how excited we are to spend this holiday with the people we love.
9. We’ve made a list and checked it twice, and you’re on the list! Come to our Christmas dinner party to make sure you stay on our “nice” list!
10. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Come celebrate the holiday season with an evening of festivities, food and Christmas magic.
11. Hark the herald angels sing! Please join us for a Christmas celebration dinner and caroling. Bring your coats because we are headed outdoors!
12. Chestnuts roasting on the open fire, candy canes on the tree, gingerbread cookies baking in the oven. Join us for festive flavors at our Christmas dinner.
13. Escape Jack Frost and come celebrate the joyous Christmas season with dinner, drinks, laughter, and fun. We promise everyone will leave with memories to keep them warm the entire season.
14. As December arrives, plans for celebration are already underway. We hope that you will come to our Christmas bash to share your good spirit and be merry together!
15. Happy holidays to you and yours. In honor of this magical holiday, we will host a festive Christmas dinner and would love for you to attend.
16. Are you starting to have the holiday spirit? Well, bottle up that spirit and bring it to our Christmas Eve dinner. There will be music, laughter, and festivities that you won’t want to miss.
17. Jingle all the way to our Christmas dinner party and be ready for eggnog, dinner and reindeer games. It won’t be a party without you!
18. Glad tidings to you and your family, from our family to yours. We would like to share our holiday cheer with you at our Christmas lunch. Come eat, drink and be merry!
19. Be a grinch and say bah-humbug this Christmas, because you won’t need to bring a thing to our Christmas brunch party! Join us for a mid-morning break from the busyness of the season.
20. It’s cold outside, so please come and warm our Christmas table for dinner. We will be eating too much, drinking too much, and having way too much fun. Vegas rules: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
21. Santa welcomes all his hardworking elves to a Christmas dinner party! Come drink and be merry with us.
22. Christmas is a special time of the year, so come to our home for dinner and cheer! Bring the whole family, come one, come all. Be sure to make it, because we’ll be having a ball!
23. You are invited to a celebratory Christmas dinner. Please join us in making wonderful memories with the people we hold dear in our lives.
24. This is the time of year where we search for ways to be more generous, to connect with those around us. One of the greatest things we can share at this time of year is the company of others. Join us for a memorable Christmas dinner to celebrate this amazing season.
25. While it may be as cold as the North Pole outside, we plan to stay warm inside surrounded by the comfort of good company. This holiday, we invite our friends and family to attend our Christmas dinner celebration.
26. We are “Home Alone” this Christmas, so we are having a holiday party! Please rock around the Christmas tree with us…and watch out for the booby traps.
27. We wish you a Merry Christmas, and an even better Christmas Eve! Come to our special Christmas Eve dinner party and share your Christmas spirit.
28. You are cordially invited to our attend our Christmas dinner celebration where we will gather and celebrate with those who are special to us. Please join us for merriment and good cheer.
29. Help us fill our home with joy and the Christmas spirit! Come toast the holiday season and the coming New Year, and stay for a festive Christmas dinner.
30. The weather outside may be frightful, but you’ll find our Christmas dinner simply delightful! Join us for a scrumptious Christmas dinner and warm seasonal drinks.
31. Let us bring the merriment of the season into our home by getting together for a special Christmas dinner. It is time to gather with those we cherish, and celebrate this joyous time of year.
32. Our home is cozy and warm all winter…but it would be even better if you were here. Join us at our home for a memorable Christmas dinner filled with thanks and celebration.
33. The only thing better than the presents under our Christmas tree would be your presence at Christmas dinner! Please come, drink, and be merry with us.
34. Jingle bells in the air, snow on the ground…It’s Christmastime! Please help us celebrate the season and join us for Christmas dinner.
35. It is an extraordinary Christmas season and you’re invited to our Christmas dinner. Bring your empty stomachs and holiday spirit!
36. Under the winter stars, the world becomes calm and peaceful. Join us for a holiday dinner and share this beautiful time with us among friends.
37. You have worked long and hard this year, and you deserve a relaxing evening. We would love to see you for Christmas dinner. You don’t have to bring anything but yourself.
38. Let us make the most of this Christmas season by feasting together for a sumptuous Christmas dinner. Please join us in sharing joy and good tidings with each other.
39. Christmas is for spending time with the people we love. This year, you are invited to our Christmas Eve dinner where we will rejoice in the reasons for the season.
40. This Christmas, please join us for dinner at our home. It will be good tidings to all, and to all a very good night! (There will be a secrecy agreement to sign at the door. Just kidding!)
41. Come celebrate Christmas with us! The holiday season is all about togetherness, so please join us for a holiday dinner on Christmas Eve followed by full travel mugs of warm Christmas drinks as we carol around the neighborhood.
42. Merry Christmas to you and your family! The holiday season is upon us, and we hope you can join us for a fun-filled Christmas dinner party.
43. Jingle Bells, our joy swells, dinner’s at our home. The case of wine got here on time, so come eat and drink and play! Hey!
44. Ho ho ho! Santa told us that you’ve been good this year, so you’re invited to our Christmas dinner. Don’t forget to bring your Christmas cheer!
45. We request the honor of your presence to a most plentiful feast where we will fill ourselves with good food, good wine and even better company. Please do celebrate with us.
46. Christmas is not Christmas with you. Please come to our home to fill your Christmas stocking with priceless memories and the fellowship of those who treasure you.
47. It is at this joyous time of year, we celebrate with Christmas cheer. Where stockings are hung and the fire is lit, and where we’ve all drunk more than we care to admit. Please come to our home and celebrate the season, and if you ask why, our friendship is the reason!
48. You are invited to a formal dinner party in celebration of Christmas. We would be honored to receive you at our gathering of close friends and family to say goodbye to the past, rejoice in the present, and welcome in the future.
49. They say it is the most wonderful time of the year. For us, it really would be if you could join us for Christmas dinner. We want nothing for Christmas but the presence of our friends, laughing joyously together in the celebration of Christmas.
50. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Join us for a Christmas party to be remembered for all time. Bring an empty stomach, your Christmas spirit, and enough joy to share.
The below infographic provides some unique insight into the various customs and characteristics that define a traditional Christmas dinner around the globe. In Japan, less than one percent of the population is Christian; however, western influences have led to the tradition of consuming fried chicken during the holidays.
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.