As of 2012, Starbucks gained annual revenue of $13.29 billion. Operating in over 55 countries with 151,000 full time employees, Starbucks has a stock market value of $51.64 billion. In 2012, Starbucks had a total of 17,572 stores with 10,924 in the United States alone.
Interesting Facts About Starbucks
1. Since 1987, Starbucks has added an average of 2 stores a day.
2. Santa Fe Springs, CA has the highest concentration of store locations with 560 Starbucks in a 25 mile radius.
3. Starbucks has as many employees as twice the population of Greenland.
4. The average Starbucks customer visits 6 times per month with loyal customers attending an average of 16 times per month.
5. There are 87,000 possible drink combinations offered at Starbucks.
6. The trenta size cup offered at Starbucks is slightly bigger than your stomach capacity.
7. The zip code that is the farthest from a Starbucks is in Adak, Alaska where you need to travel 1,044 for a cup of coffee.
8. At $300 million, Starbucks spends more on healthcare insurance for its employees than it does on coffee beans.
9. Starbucks uses over 93 million gallons of milk per year, enough to fill up 155 Olympic size swimming pools.
10. Starbucks uses 2.3 billion paper cups per year.
11. There are more than 300,000+ Starbucks Employees in the world.
12. Of that, the number of Starbucks employees in the United States is 157,000.
Making the Perfect Cup
A video on the global industry of Starbucks and its strategy to generate fair trade practices in Central America.
Top 10 Most Populated States with Starbucks
The below listing is of the top 10 states in the United States that has the most Starbucks locations.
1. California – 2,010
2. Texas – 604
3. Washington – 559
4. Illinois – 412
5. New York – 384
6. Florida – 375
7. Colorado – 322
8. Arizona – 248
9. Oregon – 243
10. Virginia – 241
History of Starbucks
The following infographic takes a look at the history of Starbucks and its explosive growth into one of the biggest coffee chains in the world.