Home » Statistics » 19 Good Internet Search Statistics

19 Good Internet Search Statistics

When information needs to be found, a search engine is usually where someone winds up finding themselves. With over 3 billion people on the internet today, this means an awareness of today’s internet search statistics is important to the growth of any brand.

More than 5.7 billion searches happen through Google alone every single day. In 2014, there were 2.095 trillion searches conducted.

Internet Search Facts

This is why search engine optimization is so critical to the success or failure of a brand. When it is done correctly, it can provide amazing results. Unfortunately there are far too many people who don’t have a complete knowledge of the SEO industry and so businesses lose money and feel jaded. Don’t ignore SEO. Here’s why.

  • Brands that choose to blog will have more than 400% more indexed pages that can be found through search results, which means each blog post can become a landing page.
  • 61%. That’s how much lower it costs to create inbound leads when compared to the costs of outbound leads.
  • The percentage of businesses that consider their blog to be an integral part of their online profile and reputation: 81%.
  • Up to 8 out of 10 internet users who use search engines will completely ignore any paid ads that are generated by their search terms.
  • 3 out of 4 people will never scroll past the first page of results for their preferred search terms.
  • Leads that have been generated through search engine optimization close 7x more frequently than leads generated by traditional outbound marketing.
  • On Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
  • 70% of all links that search engine users will click are organic links.

Many SEO professionals focus on Google because it accounts for up to 70% of the total search market, but ignoring the other 30% of searches is a mistake. A brand must be fully represented on the internet today to get the best results. With so many people looking for authentic results from their preferred search terms, selecting the most valuable keywords that accurately represent a specific brand will be the #1 priority for any new domain that is looking to make an immediate impact.

Can Your Brand Be Found Online?

  • 25%. That’s the percentage of sales that came about because of internet search results from US PCs, laptops, and mobile devices in 2010.
  • 82% of people who are on the internet regularly will use searches to help locate needed specific information.
  • 93% of all online experiences with a new brand today start when an internet users finds the brand through a search engine result.
  • 9 out of 10 US internet users above the age of 14 will research and browse products that are discovered through internet searches, even if the items weren’t part of the original reason for searching.
  • More than 100 million people use the mobile internet for searches on a regular basis.

In 2014, Google had a global revenue that was reported to be $66 billion. In comparison, the average annual revenues for Amazon are $74.4 billion. Their market value is listed at $377 billion, which is 3x greater than Facebook. Google is the most popular home page for all users, including mobile users, and 91% of adults with a mobile device are within an arm’s reach of one 24/7. 85% of the world’s population has used the internet to make at least one purchase. Getting found through internet searches can’t be ignored.

This Is Why Internet Searches Are So Important

  • When Google suffered a 5 minute outage, global web traffic dropped by 40%.
  • 56% of people who use Google will search for themselves.
  • Half of all internet searches are secure searches.
  • 65% of internet keyword searches will produce videos as a result. 40% of searches will return images.
  • Just 6% of web traffic is estimated to come from paid search mechanisms.

It’s time to take a brand’s online marketing seriously. Relying on paid results only could mean a brand misses 94% of the traffic that could be headed their way. With organic leads producing so many clicks and internet saturation growing rapidly, now is the time to emphasize SEO before even more traffic get lost to the competition.

Internet Search Timeline

About The Author
Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog each month, his path to success was not easy. Go here to read his incredible story, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors." If you want to send Brandon a quick message, then visit his contact page here.