Global Screen Size Diversity
It was predicted by comScore that by 2014, traffic on mobile devices will exceed traffic from laptops and desktop computers. The diversity and variance in devices with which users were accessing websites was already seen at Mobify. In 2012, an analysis was carried on 200 million shoppers, monitoring their activities on ecommerce sites and sponsored by Mobify clouds. The discoveries will be of immense use to Designers and developers. Newer computers use 24 or 32 bits display hardware, and are able to display 16,777,216 different colors.
It is worthy of note that there is a huge comparison in the size of the screen. The smallest screen size is about 13.5 times smaller than the largest one. A comparison can be drawn between the screen sizes and dog sizes. Here they are:
• The Chihuahua can be likened to the iPhone with a screen size of 320 X 480.
• The Beagle can be likened to the iPad with a screen size of 1024 X 768.
• An English Bull Dog is likened to the Netbook with a screen size of 1280 X 800.
• The Labrador Retriever is likened to the laptop with a screen size of 144 X 900.
• The Great Dane can be likened to the large Desktop with size 1920 X 1080.
Global Top Ten Screen Size Popularity
The data from the analysis revealed that none of these screens was used by more than 20% of the ecommerce visitors nevertheless, the 10th popular size was used by almost 4% of users. Screen sizes will always vary and be more diverse. Take advantage of Mobify today and ensure that your website works on all screen sizes. It is presented in a tabular form.
Screen Resolution (Pixel) and Percentage of Global Share
1. 320 X 480 (Smart Phones & iPhones) – 11.4%
2. 768 X 1024 (iPads and 10 inch note books) – 7.3%
3. 1024 X 768 – 7.8%
4. 1280 X 800 ((12 Inch notebook) – 19.5%
5. 1280 X 1024 – 6.5%
6. 1366 X 768 – 13.5%
7. 1440 X 900 (Common with larger laptops) – 7.3%
8. 1600 X 900 – 3.8%
9. 1680 X 1050 – 5.1%
10. 1920 X 1080 – 6.1%
It is worthy of note that the retina display technology is made use of by the iPhone 4 and the iPad 3 so the actual display is higher than that stated here.
Last month, more than 2 million people visited Brandon's blog. He shares exactly how he took his blog from zero to 1 million monthly visitors here. His path to success was not easy. Brandon had to comeback from being disabled, by a rare health disorder, for most of his thirties. God delivered him from hardship and has blessed his family in so many wonderful ways. You can send Brandon a message here.