Ice Cream Industry Statistics
An estimated 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream and related desserts are produced each year in the United States generating an average of $10 billion annual revenue. Two thirds of that industry is represented by those that take home ice cream with the remaining segments going to local and nationalized ice cream shops. Majority of the top manufacturers in the United States are family owned businesses that have been in the industry for the better part of 5 decades. The average American consumes almost 22 pounds of ice cream per year.
Top 10 US Ice Cream Brands
A listing of the top ten ice cream brands and factories in the United States are gathered below.
1. Ben & Jerry’s (Waterbury, Vermont)
2. Goody’s Chocolate and Ice Cream (Bend, Oregon)
3. Graeter’s (Columbus, Ohio)
4. Boulder Ice Cream (Boulder, Colorado)
5. Berkey Creamery (Penn State University)
6. Turkey Hill Experience (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania)
7. Velvet Ice Cream (Utica, Ohio)
8. Blue Bell Creameries (Brenham, Texas)
9. Homeland Creamery (Julian, North Carolina)
10. Blue Bunny (Le Mars, Iowa)
How Ice Cream is Made
The following video is a documentary of how ice cream is made.
Top 10 Novelty Desserts
More than $2.2 billion is spent each year by 62% of American households on novelties. The top ten brands and total sales for their brands are listed below.
1. Private Label – $330 million
2. Nestle Drumstick – $132.5 million
3. Klondike – $126.1 million
4. Dreyer’s/Edy’s – $95.5 million
5. Whole Fruit Popsicle – $88.7 million
6. Weight Watchers – $86.3 million
7. Smart Ones Silhouette – $81.1 million
8. Haagen-Dazs – $57.9 million
9. Klondike Carb – $56.7 million
10. Klondike Slim a Bear – $49.5 million
Top 10 Most Popular Ice Cream Flavors
3. Cookie Dough/Cookies & Cream
4. Butter Pecan/Swiss Almond
5. Mint Chocolate Chip
7. Rocky Road
9. Peanut Butter
10. Cherry Vanilla
Highest Ice Cream Consumption in the United States
The following infographic outlines the top ten cities and states in the United States for ice cream consumption.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers