Social Networking Addiction Statistics
As estimated 350 million social media users suffer from Facebook addiction syndrome. This has become more prominent in users between the ages of 16-25. An estimated 60% of addicts are females with 68% of users confessing to checking their social media feeds 10 times a day. Additional social media statistics are listed below that illustrate the power of social media in today’s time.
• If compared to the size of a country, Twitter would be the 12th largest in the world.
• LinkedIn signs 2 new members up every second.
• The average visitor spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube.
• 3 million blogs are launched each month.
• 97% of Pinterest users are female.
• 5 million images are uploaded daily on Instagram.
• The Google +1 button is pressed 5 billion times a day.
How Social Media Users Spend Their Time
3 hours a day on average is spent on social media for users age 15-19. Two full hours are spent interacting daily for users age 20-29. The most popular place that users check their feeds are in bed with 66% of users doing so while under the covers.
• 31% of adolescents freely admit to reading and writing on a social media site while sitting on the toilet.
• 45% of users check their timeline while eating.
• 37% of students admitted that their social media updates were more interesting than a classroom lecture.
• 55% of youth check their social media site on a mobile device versus a desktop or laptop.
Social Media Addiction
A discussion on the addiction of social media with its users.
Social Media at Work
1. The average American spends 24% of their day cyberloafing, spending 23 minutes to regroup.
2. 60-80% of people’s time on the internet at work have nothing to do with work.
3. If 1,000 employees spent 1 hour each day cyberloafing, the company could lose $35 million a year.
User Trends by Category
Facebook and Twitter
1. 18% of users can’t go a few hours without checking Facebook.
2. 61% of users have to check Facebook at least once a day.
3. 16% of people rely on Twitter or Facebook for their morning news.
1. 28% of iPhone users check Twitter before they get out of bed.
2. 26% of users check Twitter before they turn on the television.
3. 23% of users rely on Twitter for the morning news.
Social Media Addiction Statistics
The following infographic outlines statistics and trends for the most popular social media sites. An average 4 out of 5 students find that they experience negative side effects if they feel disconnected from technology for a day. This leads to the fact that most students could not go without social media for 24 hours.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers