Don’t Take Care Of Your Customers? Then Someone Else Will!
It’s no secret that competitors are a dime a dozen in this day and age. Businesses are doing all they can to outshine their competition by striving for excellence in each and every aspect. If you are looking to make a lasting impression on your customers, the obvious thing to do is to focus as much attention as possible on customer service. Here are a few tips for doing just that.
Did you know that 42 percent of employees that find themselves unable to effectively resolve customer problems say that it is due to disconnected systems or broken processes? Additionally, a whopping 89 percent of customers will stop or have stopped doing business with a company that delivered bad customer service.
We all know that customers are more likely to share bad experiences than good. But did you know that the actual statistic is that they are twice as likely to share bad customer service experiences than the positive ones? (Always remember: customer is king!)
Customers are four times more likely to do business with competitors when the problem is service rather than product or price related. On average, it takes twelve good customer experiences to make up for the one negative experience.
70 percent of purchasing experiences are based solely on how the customer feels that they are being treated. 55 percent of customers will pay a little extra if they feel they will be treated better. 83 percent say that they require at least some degree of customer support when they are making an online purchase.
10 percent is the increase in customer retention levels resulting in a 30 percent increase to the overall value of the company. Also, did you know that a customer who has had a bad experience will tell between nine and fifteen people about it? Better watch out!
Top 10 Elements of a Great Online Experience
1. 82% say it is getting their issue resolved quickly.
2. 56% say it is getting their issue solved in just one interaction.
3. 45% say it is dealing with more friendly customer service reps.
4. 37% say it is being able to follow up with the same person if they need to.
5. 28% say it is being able to save a copy, print or record the interaction they had with the brand.
6. 27% say it is having a follow up to be sure they are satisfied.
7. 27% say it is being provided customized offers.
8. 21% say it is being able to do other things while their issue is being resolved.
9. 17% say it is not having to speak to anyone at all.
10. 17% say it is having a personalized experience.