Jeff Immelt Leadership Style and Success
Jeff Immelt is the ninth Chairman and CEO of General Electric. In office since 2000, Immelt operates holding positions in GE Plastics, Appliances, and Medical business.
10 Keys to Leadership
Jeff Immelt cites his succcess as part of the 10 keys to leadership that he believes and followers represent him as an above standard leader.
1. Understand the bredth, depth, and context of your purpose and objective in the world.
2. Simplify on a continual basis.
3. Align and time manage by mandating leader priorities.
4. Measure outcomes and reward employs accordingly.
5. Set a direction for the organization.
6. Use communication to align people with that direction.
7. Take personal responsibility.
8. Leave a few things unsaid to allow employees to problem solve and execute to a greater organizational benefit.
9. Like people and treat them fairly.
10. Mentor and encourage the completion of personal goals within the organization.
Jeff Immelt Leadership Quotes
“There are 24 hours in a day, and you can use all of them.”
“The purpose of this generation of GE leaders is to make the company as good externally and commercially as it has always been operationally and financially.”
“Despite a volatile environment, our fundamentals remain very strong.”
“The world becomes more competitive, every day.”
“It’s appropriate to step up our current activity and affirm our faith in the long-term prospects of the company.”
“I think the underlying economy is still pretty darn good.”
“I’m responsible for this company. I stand behind the results. I know the details, and I think the CEO has to be the moral leader of the company.”
“It’s about performance with integrity. That’s what you have to do.”
“We really don’t see a double dip, just slow economic growth.”
“GE’s end markets continue to show solid growth, and our businesses are performing very well.”
Personal Leadership Style
Jeff Immelt is known as being very team orientated. With a peronable demeanor and likeness about it, he is one of the few CEO’s to exist that will place someone in a high level position and demote you from that position if you do not step up at the rate expected.
As a team oriented leader, he observes high concern for his people but also carries a high concern for results. Jeff Immelt is the kind of leader that will work with you and encourage his team, but his decision making is highly driven by resuls.
Jeff Immelt is also a dedicated leader that looks for anything that he can get a hold of to provide his employees with the tools they need to success. This is thought of as being a part of the path goal theory.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers