Eye Color Statistics
More than half of the United States population were blue eye Caucasians. Now, adds are that a baby born today will have brown eyes. By 1950, less than 35% of the American population had blue eyes. Now that percentage is 17%. Blue eyes also account for less than 8% of the global population. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the following eye color statistics exist in the United States.
United States Eye Color
1. Blue/Grey Irises – 32%
2. Blue/Grey/Green Irises with Brown/Yellow Specks – 15%
3. Green/Light Brown Irises with Minimal Specks – 12%
4. Brown Irises with Specks – 16%
5. Dark Brown Irises – 25%
Meaning of Eye Color
Blue is the most popular choice for colored contact lenses. Green and brown following in second and third place. The meaning of colors are listed below.
1. Blue Eyes – Sensitive to light, sweet and kind individuals and can reflect intelligence and lower confidence and self esteem.
2. Brown – Self confident, driven, gentle, loyal, and trustworthy.
3. Green – Fiery temper, sexiness, and high energy.
4. Hazel – Approachable, fun, and even a little mischievous
5. Grey – Wisdom and gentleness. Perceived as the least aggressive.