The color blue represents clarity, efficiency and simplicity. Blue is a strong color in web design and it is used effectively by many companies to get their message across.
As one of the primary branding colors, logos and websites in blue are widely used. Blue elicits different feelings in different types of markets. Check out some examples of how different types of websites use the color blue in distinctive ways.
- Social media. Encourage communication and sharing. E.g. Facebook and twitter
- Computer technology. Represent innovation and progress. E.g. bmc.com
- Finance. Create a feeling of solidity. E.g. bankrate.com
- Healthcare. Instil a feeling of protection. E.g. gehealthcare.com
- Airlines. Increase trust and loyalty. E.g. aa.com
- Politics. Promote unity and a sense of community. E.g. democrats.org
A great number of companies use blue in their marketing and branding efforts. Here are just some popular brands that use the power of blue:
- The Weather Channel
- Real Player
- Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Net Shelter
- Electronic Arts (EA)
- Ford Internet Explorer
The usage of blue has become so popular in web design that there are now 55 shades of blue widely used across the web.