Although creativity isn’t something you can create out of thin air, there are things you can do to stimulate your creative energies. Everyone is creative to some extent. The key is to find the process that will unlock your potential. There are a number of things you can do to get some ideas going.
Your Creative Process
Here are some tips that can help you to find your creative stride:
1. Build a creative foundation. You should always have a sense of curiosity about the world around you. Engage your passions as frequently as possible, and in as many ways as you can. Look for general sources of inspiration, as well as things that are specific to what you’re trying to accomplish.
2. Absorb your information. Look at the things you’ve brought together. Try to see them in as many different lights as you can. See what connects, and what doesn’t connect.
3. Don’t think things to death. If you find yourself facing a difficult problem, turn your attention instead to something else that’s going to stimulate your mind. The solution to your problem can often reveal itself to you in this way.
4. Be ready for ideas. Inspiration can strike at any time, so make sure you’re ready to commit your idea to paper. You may find that as you link more and more concepts together, your mind will be in a better position to think of something.
5. Develop your ideas: Take a critical eye to your ideas. What you want to do is develop your ideas into actual solutions.
6. There are a number of things you can use to assist you during the creative process. One such idea is to use cards that emphasize lateral thinking strategies.
7. The lotus blossom concept involves taking a central concept, and then moving outwards with possibilities presented in an iterative fashion.
8. Consider the 6 different thinking hats that are used to represent the different thought processes. These hats are white, yellow, red, black, yellow, blue and green. For example, green represents alternative ideas, a proposal, a provocation, or a change. Red consists of a feeling, emotion, or intuition.
9. Try a mass brainstorming session. This involves writing down as many ideas as you possibly can.
10. A reverse brainstorm looks at things that have caused the problems.
11. Set limits for yourself. If you have to write, limit yourself to the number of words you can write.
12. Never stop trying.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers