Born into Technology Generation Z
Generation Z are those born between 1992 and 2010 of which most of them are early teenagers. They are also referred to as a silent generation, a digital generation, an iGeneration, net generation and generation quiet. They are responsible for the shaping of the perception of brands and products.
Characteristics of Generation Z
• They prefer instant gratification.
• They spend most of their formative years on the web, communicating via the internet with little verbal communication skills.
• They are not interested in physical meeting and development of sustainable relationships.
• They hold privacy in high esteem.
• They see no reason to step out of their homes and are not interested in living by any social norm.
• Most teens who makes use of social media make purchases online.
• For every five, four will make use of social networks this year.
• They are not interested in brands as much as they are interested in the products.
• Of all US teens aged 12 to 17, 96% makes use of the internet monthly.
• Their interest is in finding and sharing as much as they can share.
• They are a generation of self-branders, loving the instinctive nature of the iPad as compared to other mobile devices.
• They communicate more through instant messages always updating and sending lots of text messages monthly.
• Old marketing methods do not appeal to them as they are discovering more ways to make information go viral.
• Generation Z is beginning to join the workforce. As far as they are concerned, there must be transparency, self-reliance, personal freedom and flexibility as far as the work place is concerned.
• It is better to ignore them as trying to force them fit into the traditional work environment might just lead to frustration.
• Most of them like to spend time searching for jobs or just job hunting.
• They expect access to social media at their place of work.
• They are most likely unable to sustain themselves as a household.
• They expect to be heard and responded to.
• As far as they are concerned, connectivity through modern means is as important as breathing.
• Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn and all forms of social media is part of their lives.
• They are the first to live in a world that gave them the guarantee of having what their parents never had.
• There is no Job prospects for them upon Graduation.
• Through the use of educational games and collaborative projects, educators can engage generation z better.
• Home schooling has become increasingly popular with them.
• There is an increased visual learning as Gen Z is involved in using the web.
• There is an increase in blogging and other types of online activities like podcasting, video editing and design.
• Incorporating games in the lives of Gen Z makes them more productive.
• The trend of education is changing as they are made more streamlined and more straight forward.
• As compared to Gen Y, Gen Z will be more organized.
• They speak with more action and less noise.
• Their decision is more likely to be based on family discussions.
• They may be the most loyal generation since 1970.
• They are more interested in conversation than engagement and expects more from the brands as compared to before.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers