The Secret to Perfect SEO
Follow these simple steps to achieve perfect Search Engine Optimization.
1. Use a short URL. Your URL should be as concise as possible and contain keywords related to your company and brand. Avoid URLs that cannot be easily typed in without a reference. Your URL should be easy for your users to remember after only hearing it once. This will turn your ugly URL into a leverage SEO-friendly permalink URL.
2. Use informative title tags. Start your title with a keyword. If you can trim your title down to just one or a few keywords, you will the best title. You site will attain higher rankings with keyword rich titles.
3. Engage your user with visual content. Sprinkle high-quality videos and images throughout your web pages to attract your user’s eye. Use infographics to quickly and easily explain concepts to your users. Use videos to give customer testimonials or instructional guides about your products. Your users will end up spending more time on your website if they are presented with a variety of content including textual content, infographics, photos and videos. Engaging your user can rank you higher on Google’s search engine.
4. Use external (outbound) links that redirect your user to more information on sites away from your site. This will build your website’s credibility and help Google hone in on your topic. If you are backed by information from credible sites that you link back to, people will trust you as an expert and believe what you say.
5. Insert your keyword into your text early on and only use it once. Feature your keyword in your introductory paragraph or within the first 100-150 words of text. This is like your college’s essay’s thesis or main idea. You want your keyword to be delivered in the first 100 words of your article so that people (and the Google robots) know what your article is about.
6. Put a heading on every page. Within your website HTML, this is known as your H1 tag. Evey website should feature this H1 tag or heading to give continuity and flow to your site. This also gives your website a polished, professional appearance. This headline should be short and tell your reader within 5 seconds what this particular page is about.
7. Speed up your website. Remember, if you have a choice between Wil E. Coyote and Road Runner, you want to be the Road Runner. Your website should load as quickly as possible so that users do not get annoyed and move on because of slow loading times. The speed you want to shoot for is loading in 4 seconds or less. This may seem impossible, but you can get your site there by compressing your images, switching to a faster web host and using a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
8. Don’t use a one word title, use a three to four word title. Construct your title by choosing one keyword and then bracketing that key word with related modifiers like the year, a positive word like “great” and an informational word like “clothes” or “news.”
9. Add your social media buttons at the bottom of each and every web page your site contains so that your users can easily share your content. Definitely include a button for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn. Your social media is your free advertising. You want your website users to share your content so that you get as much public exposure as possible.
10. Last but not least, check your word count for each page. This may be counterintuitive, but sites with longer content do better on Google. Try to shoot for 1500 words per page that features one key word per 200 words.
Use these ten awesome tips to optimize your site on the search engines. Keep up with your analytics to reach your maximum SEO and conversion rate.
9 Secrets to Increasing Website Visitors and Email Subscribers